Search results

1. D

Scott 299(2nd version) help

Mitch, Anything that came out right is owed to information gleaned from several Audiokarma conversations about recapping 299s. My thanks to everyone that took the time to post their work. I will check/replace the aforementioned mentioned resistors. I’m missing the proper schematic...
  2. D

Mitch, I just realized the link I posted earlier today doesn't bring you to the intended thread. The intended post was from: Scott 299 biasing Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by dmag, Apr 7, 2012. My apologies.
  3. D

Life support, maybe. :)
  4. D

Yes, apparently it did take out both channels. The Russian 8902 also has Russian characters 6n14n-EB (see pictures). They are replacements for 7189. I think I bought them from VIVA Tubes... I placed a dropping resistor to compensate for the new rectifier. There are adjustment pots for AC...
  5. D

Mitch, The 7189 in the V 104 socket was slightly “ghosted”, but in the past seemed to operate fine. I don’t have a tube tester or scope. While observing which tube filaments were lighting, I observed odd combinations of tubes lighting up after several tube substitutions. I replaced the...
  6. D

Mitch, The fuse was ok. I hope to have time tomorrow to check which tube filaments are lighting and test the power supply resistors. It has been a few months since the the problem, but IIRC, the 7189s and 12AX7 were lighting, but the ECF80s did not light. I replaced the ECF80s and the amp...
  7. D

Hello again, its been about 3 years, and I have been enjoying the fruits of my recap/restoration effort. The 299 has performed beautifully, until recently when one channel stopped working, then the other a few seconds later. :idea: So I have posted a some recent pictures of the 2017 recap...
  8. D

Thorens TD 145 MKII help please

Yes, the pad came from a transport screw mounting block! The pad on the opposite side was present, but quite loose. Both pads have been cemented where they belong. The groove in the displaced pad fitted the contour of the sub chassis. Thanks. I never would have found that. Good call!
  9. D

There already is a small black felt pad under the belt guard lever. If the pad is doubled in thickness by placing the loose pad over the existing pad, then the lever just grazes the belt in the 33rpm speed position. There is a slight knock when the lever is changed from 45 to 33 with the...
  10. D

Does anyone know where this little black foam pad belongs? It was loose under the Thorens chassis when I first removed the bottom cover. Possibly part of the motor azimuth adjustment? It appears to have a dried adhesive strip on one side of the pad. Thanks!
  11. D

I'll do as you advise. I'm very pleased with the table, and can see why it has a following.
  12. D

I used a digital scale to measure the VTF. Sorry, my mistake, I should have said if I set the antiskate dial equal to the VTF, then some skipping occurs. I'll go back and correct my confusing terminology.
  13. D

Update: The tonearm bearings are lubed with TriFlo, working smoothly, and the M91ED is equipped with a new Jico stylus which tracks at 1.3gms. The antiskate is set at the far right of the scale. If the antiskate is set equal to the VTF there is some skipping. I could try to lube the horizontal...
  14. D

Help with Adcom ACE-515

Freely admit, not my best moment and won't be my last mistake. But thanks again for taking the time to explain and your gracious response.
  15. D

Help with Adcom ACE-515

Thanks WaynerN, that did it!! And saved a lot of time and effort. I'll sit in the corner and contemplate... :idea:
  16. D

Help with Adcom ACE-515

Yes, I read the owners manual, made the proper connections and waited. I haven't tried to inspect other than visually.
  17. D

Help with Adcom ACE-515

I found this unit at our local recycling drop off ( which is sadly closed now). I hope someone with more experience than I (which means just about everyone) will offer advice on this Adcom ACE-515. I looks like it is fresh out of the box. I found the service manual at VE. There is a recent...
  18. D

I appreciate the information, I just ordered both items. Thank you, Tony
  19. D

The tonearm wires are/were allowing the TA to move freely. The tonearm behaves differently than before it was centered under the VTA slit. In the"press down" test the TA will bounce 1.25 times (up, down then back to level with a slight overshoot) in about 1 second then stop at level and still...
  20. D

Both sides of the bearing adjustments have the same "two pin" adjustment heads. This table was brought over from Germany, so apparently the German tonearm is slightly different from the USA version. The small holes have a 3mm spacing, there are drivers available across the pond, but I modified...
  21. D

I was looking at the above procedures, and noticed a few things. I have a few more pics and questions: I now see the "dorsal fin" and see that it doesn't align with the VTA pilot slit when in the level position. Is this adjustable or significant? The bearing adjustments look different than...
  22. D

Here are a few more observations and questions: The turntable suspension is within approximately 1.0mm of being level. I don't see a "dorsal fin" on the assembly. When I set the anti-skate to the "zero" position, the tonearm will swing back and gently tap into the tonearm rest then return and...
  23. D

The space between the plinth and the black terminal strip was tight so the new Safety Capacitor required longer leads but there was enough room for a good fit. RE: tonearm and suspension. I used an inexpensive bubble level to lever the turntable and the platter, and performed the vertical...
  24. D

Tom, I replaced the electrolytic caps and tried to follow the Electronic Cueing/Shut Off Electronic Adjustments on pg 11 on the service manual. The voltage across C101 was 28.8 Volts; however the other measurements (Point A = 70kHz should be 80, and Point B = 3.8 VAC which should be 2.0 ) were...
  25. D

Good idea. I will check the rail voltages before and after replacing the faulty caps. I can read most of the voltages from the schematic. I'll send the results. It may take awhile. Thank you, Tony
Back
Top Bottom