Search results

1. R

Are vintage Sansuis worth anything?

Wondering how much my hand me down setup would be worth. Not looking to part with it anytime soon. AU 919 SE 7 TU 919 refoamed SPL 700 speakers Besides the speaker refoaming, everything is pristine, no scratches or anything. The pots and switches were treated with Dexoit recently as well.
  2. R

Will two speaker sets in parallel overload an amp?

Yes, left and right channels.
  3. R

I have a Yamaha Natural Sound receiver lying around, forgot what model it is. Could I wire it into my current system? I have an AU-919 and an SE-7 EQ,
  4. R

Dual 701 Stroboscope not working

I don't really want to take it apart and glue it since I have the speed properly set now.
  5. R

The Kicker is 4ohms after doing some more searching online. It's been ran like this for quite some years. I hope I didn't damage my amp in any way. The combined impedance is about 2.67ohms.
  6. R

I have two Sansui SPL-700s and a Kicker Super II hooked up to a Sansui AU-919 (B and A systems respectively). The SPLs have an impedance of 8 ohms but I'm not sure what the impedance is on the Kicker enclosure. I can't seem to find anything online about it either, other than it being 100w per...
  7. R

Cheap antenna options?

The Terk indoor antenna I bought works pretty well for the FM stations I listen to, but it didn't improve AM reception at all. Any AM reception I'm getting is thanks to the built in ferrite antenna on the TU-919.
  8. R

The pattern disk is completely detached. I ended up using a printed strobe disk to set the speed.
  9. R

The bars in the stroboscope do not move at all, for the 45 and 33. The lamp functions fine and the adjustment knobs work. Is there something I can do to make the stroboscope work again?
  10. R

Cheap antenna options?

I ordered the indoor antenna I linked. Let's see how it does. I also just realized the TU 919 has a built in ferrite antenna for AM. It works but the reception isn't that good, there's quite a bit of hissing
  11. R

Do splitters affect audio quality?

I finally got it working. I was ignoring the tape copy dial on my amp. I have the EQ on Tape 1 and the CD player on Tape 2 and then I set the tape copy from 2 to 1. The tracks I was testing on the CD player seemed to be quieter when plugged into the amp versus when it's plugged in to the EQ. Why...
  12. R

Cheap antenna options?

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/tvs-and-home-theatre/home-theatre-accessories/antennas/terk-indoor-amplified-am-fm-antenna---english-only/p/1505314 Would something like this do the job? It says it can do AM and FM
  13. R

Nope that didn't do anything. So would I need a switchbox for my application?
  14. R

Cheap antenna options?

I will be using the tuner for stations within 60 miles or so
  15. R

Cheap antenna options?

Indoor is what I'm after. I don't mind getting two things for AM and FM reception just as long as they are not too expensive
  16. R

Cheap antenna options?

Are there any cheap antennas I could use for my Sansui TU-919. I don't want anything too expensive or complicated, just something that will give me decent AM/FM reception.
  17. R

Actually that might work out. I'll go check
  18. R

So I now have my 2 tape decks connected to the EQ and my CD player goes to the amp. The problem is the CD player is not being compensated by the EQ when it is plugged into the amp. The EQ is already out of available inputs. I should be able to get EQ compensation even if I'm using the amp inputs...
  19. R

Are Simply Speakers foam kits any good?

Ok I now have one side completed and reinstalled. I tested it with a few tracks and I didn't hear any buzzing or strange noises. Are speakers supposed to be louder after a refoam? As far as I can remember they weren't nearly as loud at minimum volume.
  20. R

Ok a little update. I refoamed the other speaker and got the balance just right. Bad news here is I have to rip off the foam on the sub and order up another kit grrrrrr
  21. R

The speakers, besides the foam surrounds, are in pristine condition. There is not even a single scuff on the cabinet. They've been in the living room since brand new I'll try to get a photo of the refoamed sub
  22. R

Just to make sure I'm on the right track, any sort of friction is voice coil rub right? I'm going to move on the the other driver and see if my results are any better.
  23. R

I've read your reply and I might just give the battery test a try. I was pushing by hand to test for centering because that is method recommended in the manual and on simply Speakers videos
  24. R

Ok so I just refoamed one speaker and not only did the outer rim not fit into the frame (required cutting), I think I have some voice coil rubbing. The glue seems to dry too quickly so it leaves me with no time to center the cone using the method provided in the manual. When I was pushing down...
  25. R

Thanks for your responses. I made a mistake in my original post. I have an SE-7 equalizer and that is where I have a few devices connected with splitters. I think I need to reconfigure all my connections as they have been in their current state for years.
Back
Top Bottom