Search results

1. PabloTincho

Hafler Cordell/Savas DH-220C kit

Is the DH-220C very similar in term of topology to the transnova Hafler amps ?
  2. PabloTincho

Replace M5218P Op-amp with NJM5532? Yes, No?

5532 if does are signetic brand, dont change it
  3. PabloTincho

Just got an MR74 -- Amazing!

I dont disagree, but even American tuners, like Phillip ( former Magnavox ) SAE, Heathkit, and Harman Kardon have way better specs, even the Scott LT-112B from 1969 can reach .07% distortion at 1 kHz after alignment. Maybe someday I will get one
  4. PabloTincho

Just got an MR74 -- Amazing!

Why the specs are so low for the MR74 ? Distortion: 0.5% Separation: 35dB@1kHz Any Japanese' tuner from 1972 has better specs
  5. PabloTincho

Amplifier recommendation

Hafler, Soundcraftsmen, B&K
  6. PabloTincho

DH-500 or Carver M500t

Build quality goes to the Hafler, and it is going to last longer if you take care of the amp. Probably you have to decided which one sounds better
  7. PabloTincho

HK 775s, 725, 715, 705 shipping horror!

That sucks, is nice set
  8. PabloTincho

B&K ST 202 - Review, and How Many Variations?

I don't see the advantage over a regular st-140
  9. PabloTincho

Is the black with gold logos, I am on the fence about buying those, and cant find any pic of the inside. $250 for both plus shipping
  10. PabloTincho

I found a pair of st-140 mono blocks for ok money. Is only 100 watts per amp, I dont really see the point of getting those amps, you can get a st-202 for the same and you get more power. Any comments about the st-140 mono blocks ?
  11. PabloTincho

About the Kenwood M1

I am not sure if the M1a and the M1D are at the same level as the M1 No too long ago I asked this https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kenwood-m1-vs-m1a.973593/#:~:text=The%20m1%20has%20DLD%20and,were%20like%20lamp%20wire%2C%20cheap.
  12. PabloTincho

Kenwood Super Eleven, build vs design quality

Kenwood what were you thinking, a 3 gang tuner only in the receiver ? You had such rich history building the best tuners, and you gave the super 11 a 3 gang tuner, why ? https://audio-heritage.jp/TRIO-KENWOOD/tuner/index.html
  13. PabloTincho

About the Kenwood M1

Are you going to fully restore the Kenwood ? Is the kenwood better than the Nad ? Very powerful amp
  14. PabloTincho

Audionics of Oregon BA-150 Information?

There is a review about that amp in the Audio Critic, you should check it out https://www.biline.ca/audio_critic/audio_critic_down.htm early issues
  15. PabloTincho

Addicted to Tuners.....

Here is my DA-f30 after alignment this is another tech, he also installed a HD filter to the tuner, the filter has a penalty in the performance of the tuner Tuner will pick up at about 1uV - but that is a very low signal that will get l crowded with distortions from other signals. Stereo...
  16. PabloTincho

Addicted to Tuners.....

Here from my very good tech F-99X for the narrow 2 220 filters were replaced for 2 180 Pioneer F-99X Spec sheet (dB) final (dB) THD @ 80dB, 1kHz wide narrow wide narrow mono -80 -61 -77.9 -51.3 stereo -74 -46 -83.1 -57.6...
  17. PabloTincho

Addicted to Tuners.....

50db stereo separation My Sansui tu-99DX and Pioneer f-99x over 65db stereo separation in wide
  18. PabloTincho

Addicted to Tuners.....

The chip is a Pioneer PA1001-A, also known as the Toko KB4437 I dont think it would reach 50DB in stereo separation, I have a Mitsubishi DA-f30 and my tech was only able to get 48DB in stereo separation, you can say the same about the Panasonic AN363 MPX chip, not good chips
  19. PabloTincho

Capacitor curiosity

Do you have the link for that ?
  20. PabloTincho

A tale of a stack of 10 neglected Hafler Pro 5000 power amplifiers, for free.

Were you able to measure distortion and clip point for the Hafler ?
  21. PabloTincho

New listening space.. new system

Is the Hafler P-7000 in same league as the Hafler 9505?
  22. PabloTincho

Addicted to Tuners.....

I like the Pioneer TX-9500, the only thing to complain about the tuner is the garbage MPX chip, separation numbers no that good compared to other tuners.
  23. PabloTincho

Capacitor curiosity

100uf film caps are way too expensive anyway
  24. PabloTincho

Capacitor curiosity

Nope, all MF, is a Crown SL-1 preamp
  25. PabloTincho

Capacitor curiosity

the service manual mentioned .1 MF
Back
Top Bottom