Search results

1. G

coil rubbing on extremely fine vintage drivers

hi guys.. i know there are a lot of threads on similar matters but the drivers i have in hand seem a bit out of the ordinary and i don't know what to do ... these are vintage goodmans, 5 inch woofers, from dimension 8 speakers. when i first listened to them, i didnt notice any clacks and...
  2. G

restoring soft tweeter membrane

hi guys i did some work on a silk dome tweeter last week. in a pair, one membrane was replaced with textile while the original was a silk dome type with softer membrane material.. but the composite that was coated on it was crumbly i cleaned it out and all i got was the veil mesh left.. not...
  3. G

how do i soften speaker spider ?

i know rubber conditioners help soften the surrounds but i couldn't figure a way to soften the spider hardness.. i tried running 20-30 hz note for prolonged periods but seems to take forever.. anyone has a trick for this?
  4. G

celestion ditton mk II woofer.. i am MAD

i dismantled my ditton 44 series II speakers for an overall maintenance, recap etc.. inspecting the drivers i saw some ****tard in the past did some drunk repair on one of the woofers applying glue right where the cone spider joint nicely smudging the thick glue to one third of the spider...
  5. G

coaxials drivers from Peak (coral?)

hi all, i've came across these woofers made in japan, branded as Peak 8CX-1 10w 16ohms couldn't find much info on them but found that an identical model is marketed by Coral in japan first i thought these could be replica fakes but inspecting pictures suggests that they are actually identical...
  6. G

vintage Tannoy identification help please

hi all i've been unable to identify these.. they're big heavy , grilles don't come off and have no model number i think they're 1970-75 era..
  7. G

celestion ditton 44 Series II thoughts?

(series II not mk II, sorry i don't know how to edit titles) i bought a pair of these today.. very promising looking speakers, that i only had the chance to listen outdoors before i bought them they did sound lovely and very interesting.. brought home had a brief listen, and i am truly...
  8. G

driver identification help please

hi all, i got these from a mate who inherited a collection from his brother a while back, he removed these from some stuff "potentially very nice stuff" that he doesn't remember which models as he didnt note down.. (yea... ) any help would be much appreciated (tweeters identified as wharfedale...
  9. G

Marantz 4400 Biamping,, any experience?

hi all.. i am looking at this thing and drooling.. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Restored-Marantz-4400-Quadraphonic-Receiver-Great-Condition-/322555862924?hash=item4b19d3df8c:g:Q3AAAOSwpONZQsOj not cheap for sure, who knows what the auction will end at, but its multi voltage.. and the guy seems...
  10. G

SONY SSGT-77 opinions?

hi all, someone i know told me he has these and asked what i think, he may or may not be selling them to me i don't know.. googling doesn't yield much , some information in Japanese that i don't understand a thing.. they look like they're made with real efforts to create a quality product. i...
  11. G

wharfedale sapphire SP-89 am i hallucinating

i bought these last week pretty cheap along with other equipment.. dirty and all that, just cleaned up a bit and plugged to test.. i was like HUH.... wharfedale is a brand i lost respect long time ago when they downgraded their quality..had a few newer mid-range series come and go, they weren't...
  12. G

anyone near berwyn illinois.. grab these infinity delta 60

i wish i was as lucky as you guys in the USA .. finding these easier there. (editing the post as general suggestion , brought to my attention that this is just a single speaker not a pair) over all these are good actually very very good..if you can find the delta 70 it's even better grab...
  13. G

Adding ferrofluid to drivers that don't have it by default, viable?

i was just inspecting my canton fonum speakers preparing a review for them, despite the high quality build, i noticed both the dome midrange and the tweeter do not have ferrofluid in them by default. just curious if there are advantages of adding ferrofluid in them would it improve sound...
  14. G

Tannoy Revolution R2 - awful sounding copy, bad luck or it's what they are?

Hi all.. i recently procured a clean looking pair of Tannoy Revolution R2 speakers.. pretty much based on my past experience with their products as well as overwhelmingly positive reviews online. when i bought them, i used a speaker tester device instead of a proper listen.. all drivers...
  15. G

relay question GY24w vs Ry24w, are they the same?

hi all, i have a Rotel 990bx with an issue of one channel showing capacitor discharge sound on shut down. the channel continues to play music gradually reducing volume over few seconds.. i am assuming this is due to one channel on the relay stuck. the relay on the amp is labelled model...
  16. G

Marantz 1250 intermittent issue

(i had previously posted it in DIY now realising this is a better area i copy paste, sorry i don't know if i can move a thread) hi all.. i've came across this forum many times in the past during researches, and always found great information. and i decided to join in today. i am not entirely...
  17. G

Marantz 1250 intermittent issue

hi all.. i've came across this forum many times in the past during researches, and always found great information. and i decided to join in today. i am not entirely sure if this is the right section to post this question, some guidance to proper section would be most appreciated if it's not...
Back
Top Bottom