Search results

1. C

Cheapest DIY fix for broken hinges on Thorens' dust covers

Any glue you use you're going to see if it's strong enough for the job There are some for glass and acrylic repair that do in fact cure crystal clear but they're not going to give you the strength you need for this patch
  2. C

Curbside Find, Refoam or Scrap?

You're kidding, right?
  3. C

Smith industries epoxy is clear
  4. C

What sounds like a Grado but isn't?

The problem's not the motors per se, not the AC synchronous ones anyway Not unless you think it's a problem that a turntable is designed, and built, not taking into consideration the accommodation of ONE in particular, questionable, cartridge design Rega's not the only table Grados hum on either...
  5. C

What sounds like a Grado but isn't?

Carefully fit a full circle of Mu metal under the platter of all Rega tables and you'll never have the hum problem again, with any cartridge Rega + Grado hum has been beaten to death for years now and I don't know why - it's an easy fix but it is fairly expensive McMaster-Carr has the material...
  6. C

Why would that make any difference on this repair? Or you going to us it on something else?
  7. C

SL 1200 restore?

They've been up 4 days now - do the 75 thing and I'll bet he's good to go Everyone freaks on tonearm bearings - easy fix on this arm IF the rest of it's ok (well kinda easy if you've got the patience and the eye sight) The most difficult part is buying the bearings Bad part is the gougers have...
  8. C

Using too much tracking force

The cartridge needs to be broken in and then it will track properly at the reduced VTF
  9. C

Is a turntable a "deck"?

?
  10. C

SL 1200 restore?

I could make a thousand dollar profit off those two tables in a heart beat without even trying (too hard) and I'm not even in the business of doing flips It would be a pleasure as well as easy Would just take a little time and effort and a modest expenditure in parts
  11. C

SL 1200 restore?

Yeah, the kind who like paying full boat and telling themselves what a great deal they got Eye listeners I call them I thank God for those people everyday I'm involved with this hobby
  12. C

SL 1200 restore?

Just found your ad - see he's doing the OBO thing - offer him 75 and see what he says - be ready to go at a C note - but even at his asking it's worth it But ONLY in person - leave it open until you're there Should do this deal face to face so you can leverage what he already knows, don't lose...
  13. C

SL 1200 restore?

Why do you say that? You taken note on what SL-1200s are realizing nowadays? Even beaters and parts units? I can see from just the one photo revox-b77 posted that about a third of what's wrong with those tables can be cured with soap and water alone, again if the motors are both good
  14. C

DL 110: Repair or Replace

The stylus on the DL-110 is one of the best there is for getting good results out of all vinyl, worn and older pressings alike as well as new (uh duh, pretty obvious) It's one of the best I've ever owned for the lack of emphasizing surface noise It's just a winner all the way around I wouldn't...
  15. C

SL 1200 restore?

If the price is good and the motors work go for it Easy to work on, still affordable to repair (that's changing, price of service parts are escalating) Beaters like these are an ideal investment/project right now Grab 'em while you still can And despite what people may be posting here, crisp...
  16. C

Grado Stylus

Call or write Grado and tell them exactly why you need what you need and I bet they will hook you up I think it will help to show them your Project G
  17. C

Grado Stylus

THAT is an icon, The Project G! Wow, haven't seen or thought about one of those in years I would seriously consider keeping it all original If you do replace the cartridge DEFINITELY hang onto the old Grado
  18. C

Yep, it's a winner I'd just off the damaged one to a tweeker, maybe use the proceeds to buy a record or two
  19. C

The stylus on the 110 is one of the finest things about it, it IS a nude square shank diamond with a very good cut It's why the 110 sounds so good
  20. C

Easy call - it's not a rare one Sell the damaged one to a tweeker and buy a fresh replacement It is hard to improve upon the quality of the diamonds that Denon uses for their styli, at all price points Cantilevers are another topic altogether You can buy that cart for well under $200 if you...
  21. C

I think I'm done ordering records by mail.

That was my experience as well And as I have mentioned now more than twice, their mailer, proper, has been extraordinary as of late and even more so when double "gift" boxed Sorry Hofy's order was banged up, but what he's showing in is post is nothing like what I've been receiving from amazon...
  22. C

Drink or not to Drink

Get lost mouth
  23. C

Drink or not to Drink

War stories Heard a lot of 'em 1st Cav - 1st Regiment of Dragoon - Kuwait and Bagdad 3rd Infantry, Rock of the Marne here Tip of the Spear baby, Thunder Run HOOAH!
  24. C

You know, they shipped records by the thousands back in the day and you could ALWAYS get a clean crisp copy with sharp corners of anything you wanted, including imports Don't know what's up with the world today So much for "progress" I know what about 89.5% of the problem is, but if I write it...
  25. C

They're not supposed to do that (use media mail for retail records) Went through that horse shit in spades with a kid 3000 miles away in school Don't know why in the world they're doing it though, it just keeps the mail piece in the system longer (and more chances for it to be damaged riding...
Back
Top Bottom