Search results

1. B

Fisher 500-TX recap

Let me take that back about the headphones output being ok...it should measure at 1.9v and I'm getting 1.3v. Speakers through 8 ohm load resistor should get 21.9v and I'm getting 15.8v (about the same on both channels). I tried to do the Power Amplifier Idling Current Adjustment procedure in...
  2. B

Fisher 500-TX dial glass

When I had the front panel assembly off, I figured it would be a good time to clean the dial glass which was pretty dusty. If I had done my research I would have known how easily that lettering comes off... It’s still usable, but smudged around in areas.
  3. B

Fisher 500-TX recap

They tested fine, but speakers were quiet even at max volume. I ordered new ones, hopefully that’ll solve it. Output was good from headphones.
  4. B

Fisher 500-TX dial glass

Does anyone have a spare 500-TX dial glass hanging around or know where to get a reproduction? I have been watching for them on ebay. Radio Daze has some Fisher reproductions, but not for the 500-TX http://www.radiodaze.com/dials-glass-62/
  5. B

Fisher 500-TX recap

So the problem ended up being that I had put the output transistors in the wrong slots...I had put PNP into NPN and vice versa. D'oh! I picked up a pair of Fisher XP-10 speakers on craigslist, can't wait to hook 'em up!
  6. B

Fisher 500-TX recap

The shorted output transistor was Q811 on the Power Amp board. I went ahead and replaced all four output transistors. When I turned the unit on when plugged into a dim bulb tester, the bulb stayed on. I should also mention that I recapped the unit and replaced resistors that I found out of...
  7. B

Fisher 500-TX recap

Thanks Larry, that sounds doable. I checked out your 500tx recap thread from a while back while I was researching, nice work! I did some more hunting and found a bad output transistor in the power amp module, and several other issues on that board. Looks like this will take me a while, but...
  8. B

Fisher 500-TX recap

I found a couple of bad diodes, was planning on replacing those anyway. I may also have a bad transistor, will remove it from the board later to confirm. Hopefully those were the causes of the blown fuses...
  9. B

Fisher 500-TX recap

I bought a house last summer, and the previous owners left a few things behind including a Fisher 500-TX, one Fisher bookshelf speaker and a Dual 1214 turntable. At one point they had two Fisher bookshelf speakers downstairs and two XP 7B speakers wired upstairs, but only one bookshelf speaker...
Back
Top Bottom