Search results

1. R

Pioneer SX-950 Restored

It definitely holds it's own, but I have each connected to different sets of speakers. I haven't a/b'd them on the same set. I've got the 950 primarily with the l100s and the 1250 with the advents. I'd be perfectly happy if I only had one receiver and it was the 950
  2. R

most beautiful electronics of all time

Prettiest piece I've had
  3. R

Pioneer SX-950 Restored

In January, I picked up an SX-950 from a storage unit for $50. Couldn't test it, but what the hell. It had been stored on its side, and had gotten wet. That side of the case was completely rotted. When I got it home, I took the case off, found some rust on the bad side, but went ahead and hooked...
  4. R

BIC 940 Repair-A-Thon

I did't cut the springs on any of them. It felt like something I couldn't redo if it went wrong.
  5. R

BIC 940 Repair-A-Thon

stereofisher, I'm not going to keep them either. I wanted to be able to fix them, but I definitely don't have room.
  6. R

BIC 940 Repair-A-Thon

fromnowon, I used lithium grease on the plastic cam and machine oil everywhere else it called for. I highly suggest Jordan Pier's videos, as it shows every point that needs grease. Many points that had old grease do not require it. There is a service bulletin on vinylengine that shows spots not...
  7. R

BIC 940 Repair-A-Thon

A local vintage audio dealer was (and still is as far as I know) going out of business. I've bought and sold from him before, so I headed over and loaded up. Among the haul, I picked up 4 BIC turntables, none working. I decided the time had come to learn how to repair them. I knew all four...
  8. R

Onkyo TX-2500 question

And one says MKII
  9. R

Onkyo TX-2500 question

They appear to be on the face. I'll find out. The end caps look like the only visible difference, except the Dolby button label
  10. R

Onkyo TX-2500 question

That's exactly what I got. Thanks for the help.
  11. R

Onkyo TX-2500 question

I recently picked up a pile of gear that included an Onkyo tx-2500. It's working great, but the face plate is broken on the left side and the glass is cracked. The glass I can have replaced easily. The only face plates I have found are on that auction site and they are for the MKII version...
  12. R

Qatron 8 track changer help

I found the user manual, but no service manual. I think I can get it right. Just want to do it before Christmas so I can inflict hours of 8 track love on my family
  13. R

Hello from Charlotte, NC

Thanks, everyone
  14. R

What TT's do you folks have

Didn't post any pictures yesterday, here's one...
  15. R

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Yeah, maybe. They are an awful lot of fun to play with, most can be repaired fairly easily, and as far as audio equipment/media they are very economical. Got a few more decks/players. I'm not going to get any more... unless I see something that looks cool.. don't have one in my car yet
  16. R

I think it is supposed to slide to the outside of the tape. If I reinforce it it might stop bending over. I think it's only for sensing whether there is a tape present or not and not related to the foil sensors at all. I think I just need to find the right piece of metal to replace or reinforce...
  17. R

What TT's do you folks have

Currently have(some are works in progress): AR XA Realistic Lab-500 Dual 1246 BIC 920 Clarion 11305 EIC Professional 300 GE Wildcat Fisher Price GE Show N Tell I don't know if they all belong here, as only the first four are turntables, and the others are record players
  18. R

I recently purchased a Qatron 8 track changer. After a little work it works almost perfectly with one exception. After a few tape changes it doesn't seem to recognize that a tape is loaded. There is an extra sensor next to the foil sensors. It is a little taller and seems to bend over. If I...
  19. R

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Qatron 48, Pioneer H-R100, Realistic TR-882, Channel Master 6327, Panasonic RE-8250
  20. R

Hello from Charlotte, NC

I've been lurking here for quite a while, and appreciate all the advice that is available. I love finding old equipment and getting it working again. In addition to old audio equipment I love old computers, radios, game consoles, Elmos, and anything that looks cool or off the wall. My most...
Back
Top Bottom