Search results

1. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Hi Geoff, thank you for the detailed reply. Based on your impression I have fixed a date to listen at the Maggies. I found the the highs of the Infinity RS/IRS line are a bit to much (maybe because they were developed with a tube amplifier which has already a rolloff above 10kHz?). Since the...
  2. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Hi Geoff, due to the low frequency range in the measurement and the distance of 2meters I have not used a gate. Therefore the reflection are in the measurement. Btw: I saw that you own a Magnepan 1.6. I have a chance to hear a pair but it would take me a few hours driving. Are the mids/highs...
  3. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Hi Geoff, I made some measurements on axis (red) / 30 degrees (blue) / 60 degrees (green), but not sure if they are useful. They were made in the room, distance 2 meters / 6.5 feet (with subsonic in 40Hz position). Due to the distance the room may distort the measurement. Wolfgang
  4. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Yes 7.62, it's definitely worth to wait. I was amazed from the sound quality of the Gammas. Even after 30 years they are top speakers. I have measured different settings of the Servo LP Filter and finally ended up with 164. First the different settings: And finally the 164 setting only...
  5. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Hi Geoff, yes, that is correct, the response would raise and the -3dB measured in the room is actually the 20Hz you mentioned. Wolfgang
  6. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Hi rvito, yes, see attached pic for the woofer measurement. The mic (MiniDSP with REW) was 2 cm in front of the control woofer. The Linkwitz Sub in the back was not playing. Wolfgang
  7. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Hello Geoff, it is a near field measurement to avoid room effects. Wolfgang
  8. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Thank you Mark!
  9. W

IRS Gamma measurements

Hello, as a quite new Gamma owner I couldn’t find measurements about this speaker. Therefore I made some measurements, maybe the information is useful for somebody. First I measured impendance in different poti-settings. In my Gamma the „MIN“ position of the LEMIM should be avoided due to...
Back
Top Bottom