Search results

1. ranukic

Design Acoustics PS-10A's

These are the pictures from the PS10's with the 2-position switch. I used a 15uf cap in place of the 14uf which barely fit vertically and the clarity cap was a little tricky to fit in place of the radial electrolytic but it worked. The resistors were replaced with MOX same ohm/watt as the...
  2. ranukic

I was asking based on Teal’c’s response above.
  3. ranukic

Your woofer has rubber surrounds?
  4. ranukic

I purchased the set with the toggle switch and a friend of mine purchased the set with the POT on the front. Both woofers are getting new surrounds this week. The set with the toggle is most likely the newer of the two, the grill is made from plastic with a black cloth, the speaker badge says...
  5. ranukic

Hello, There are a couple of these available in my area with slightly different designs. One design has the POT on the front of the speaker behind the grill, and has simple push down speaker wire termination. The other does not have the POT on the front but has a 2-position toggle switch next...
  6. ranukic

Garage Speakers

I am not going to blast the music to my neighbors, I have it at a level that I can enjoy full bodied hifi slightly above conversation level. I ended up working out a deal with a friend of mine and will be adding a pair of Dahlquist DQM-9C speakers to my garage. Again, if they make it there…
  7. ranukic

Garage Speakers

Thanks for the response and trust me Bill, I have considered that. I had a pair of HPM-40’s that I wanted to put in my garage but for the longest time but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I ended up finding them a good home. So this way if I get outdoor speakers I won’t reconsider placing them...
  8. ranukic

Garage Speakers

Hello, I am in the market for a some new indoor/outdoor rated speakers for my garage. I had (2) pair of Yamaha NS-AW150W 2-Way speakers plus a 10" powered passive subwoofer. Using a Sansui Au-D11 MK II for the amp. So I have plenty of pure power to provide. The garage is about 900 FT^2 and the...
  9. ranukic

the good, the bad, and the ugly (Yet another Dahlquist DQ-10 restoration thread)

Awesome thread! How have things progressed since your last post?
  10. ranukic

Marantz 104 FM TStereo Indicator issues

Hello Steven Tate, I tried adjusting the R302 without any success or change in voltage at pin #'s 8 & 9. Am I narrowing this down to a bad chip? Thanks!
  11. ranukic

Hello, Tuner Strong Signal and (weak signal) measurements. The readings at Pin #'s 6, 8, & 11 are off. Pin 11 is somewhat surprising since Pin #'s 12, 13, & 14 are somewhat acceptable. P1 - 11VDC (11.5VDC) P2 - 3VDC (3VDC) P3 - 4.9VDC (4.99VDC) P4 -8.2VDC (8.62VDC P5 -...
  12. ranukic

Hello Steven Tate, it is tuning at about 3 of 5 on the strongest station that I can tune in. The MPX does not sound like it is engaging. Thanks for the link to that thread, I have printed off the approximate measurements and will take some readings today (if I have time). Thanks! Hello Oerets...
  13. ranukic

Hello Steven Tate, I did mention that I can short pin 6 or pin 9 to ground with use of a 1K resistor and the bulb lights. When I try to short pin 8 it does not light. Thanks!
  14. ranukic

Hello Oerets, no, the FM Stereo does not sound to be working. I tested by tuning to a station and pressing/depressing mono, no sound variance. Thanks!
  15. ranukic

Hello Steven Tate, this is a AM/FM tuner only so no AUX or Phono modes. Thanks
  16. ranukic

I am looking for some help please. The service manuals I have found do not include reference voltages with the schematics leaving me shooting in the dark on this. The FM Stereo light is not illuminating when dialed in to a strong FM station. using a 1K ohm resistor and wire lead the light...
  17. ranukic

Kenwood Model KR 77

Decided to replace Q1 (C631), Q2 & Q9 (C458's). I used KSC1845F as I have a bunch on hand. Make sure to note the pinouts with a tester as the 631 is BCE and the 458 is ECB. Started with Q1, tested with no improvement. Next Q2, tested with no improvement. Next Q9, tested and works!! I would...
  18. ranukic

Kenwood Model KR 77

During reviewing the service manual this morning from HFE I noticed that the KR77 I have on the bench has a completely different main amp board than what the manual references. The number on the main amp board in this unit is UA1382J, 90J and pictured below. The board appears to be...
  19. ranukic

Kenwood Model KR 77

I have one on the bench that is working fine on the left channel but the right channel is cutting in and out at about 5 second cycle. It is acting like the right channel is dropping in and out of protection mode. I have the service manual downloaded but I do not find anything that explains how...
  20. ranukic

Krell KAV-300iL service manual?

It’s been just over a week and the unit is still working good so confident the issue was the fuse holders.
  21. ranukic

Thanks! Last night I removed the top board so that I could have more room to reflow the solder at all of the power transistors, reflowed the solder on the through hole components on the top board. Unfortunately I don't have the eyesight to solder the surface mount components so I left those...
  22. ranukic

Thanks for the responses. It seems to be working fine now. I sprayed some deoxit in the receptacle where the pins from the upper board attached. I then moved the board up and to work the deoxit across the pins so hopefully that was the bad connection? See the lower circle from the attached...
  23. ranukic

I have one with a left channel that likes to come and go. I am confident that the issue is either a cold solder joint or some other contact issue. I am hesitant to remove any of the circuit boards without a service manual or assembly reference document. Does anyone have one they would share...
  24. ranukic

SL-1600 MKII brake

I noticed that my TT doesn't brake as fast as it used to. Does anyone have experience correcting this? Thanks!
  25. ranukic

Sansui TU-S9 Issue

Sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to add some helpful detail to anyone who may have similar issues. The schematic is drawn incorrectly and the AM/FM tactile switch is N-O. I used an Omron B3F-6022 and adjusted the height as I soldered it into place.
Back
Top Bottom