Search results

1. Z

Advice needed for broken voice coil wire..

Thanks for the ideas. It looks like the the joint between the voice coil wire and flex wire is coated with something. What's the best way to clean this up so I can re-solder it?
  2. Z

Advice needed for broken voice coil wire..

Is there any way to fix this? The wire appears to have snapped right at the voice coil.
  3. Z

PSA: 2238b with static and popping in one channel

Thought I would post this info in case it helps someone with a similar problem in the future. So I've been working on a 2238b which had some scratchiness in the left channel. I cleaned all the controls, did a full recap and aligned everything to spec. Static and popping was still present in...
  4. Z

Foreplay 2 $60--DC CL

Picked this one up yesterday.. literally one block away from me. Has the C4S and sweet whisper upgrade kits, should be a fun little project.
  5. Z

2275 clipping in one channel

Just to update, I got the correct 0.2 ohm resistors in and installed them in the right amp board. Dialed bias back in to 10mv. Everything is working great now, no more distortion in the right channel.
  6. Z

That sounds right Bryan, only the resistors are both 0.82 ohm so the idle current setting is even lower than you calculated. I think I'll just wait for parts to come in before messing with it.
  7. Z

Thanks for the help guys. So it turns out the left channel emmiter resistors are in fact 0.2 ohm. So that may be the issue, I'll have to swap the 0.8s out and report back. Dave, here are the parts I used for the P700 amp board: H701 - KSC1845 H702 - KSC1845 H703 - KSA992 H704 - KSC1845 H705...
  8. Z

Yes, I used KSC2073 and KSA940 for the drivers. The clipping is present with these and also with the originals. Interestingly, the 2 amp boards are slightly different so someone may have swapped one out at some point. The right channel board had glass diodes at H720 and H721 while the left...
  9. Z

I have a nice 2275 here that I just re-capped. Bias and dc offset adjusted easily without issue. Sounds good until I get to about 11:30-12:00 on the volume control and then the right channel starts popping. I tried 3 sets of speakers, same result. Also tried feeding a separate preamp into...
  10. Z

Sad 2270.. never seen anything like this

Apparently it was a better idea to replace the bad amp section with a diy something (?) instead of just fixing it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-Model-2270-For-Parts-Or-Repair-Stereophonic-Receiver/283149506845?hash=item41ed06991d:g:6PAAAOSwRUdblDgw
  11. Z

WC-122 case dimensions

Great info, thanks for the help! So the angle is a bit different then, WC-22 is closer to 30 degrees while the WC-122 is 45 degrees. I'll have to mock up another test panel. My plan is to just omit the plastic vents on the sides as they're not really needed anyway - the WC-22 has no vent in...
  12. Z

WC-122 case dimensions

Thanks, I was looking mainly for the dimensions on the profile edge rather than the case dimensions. Thickness of the side panels and angle on the chamfer would help a lot. Here is how my side panel looks using the wc-22 profile, just seems like the WC-122 sticks out more from the face plate.
  13. Z

WC-122 case dimensions

I've got a 2110 tuner and 5025B tape deck that I've been wanting to build cases for. As far as I can tell, the cases for these used a similar construction to the 3-piece WC-122 case. I've done some mockups with side panels using the same profile as they used on the WC-22, but it doesn't look...
  14. Z

Is a Marantz 1070 worth this much?

Needs a new balance slider assembly. That doesn't qualify as "serviced" in my book. Seems more like parts/repair.
  15. Z

Pc2002m with mis-matched outputs

Here's what they look like:
  16. Z

I think they are peavey part numbers for MJ15024 and MJ15025. Found some NOS 2SC2607 and 2SA1116 from a US seller on ebay so I'm going to swap those in.
  17. Z

Me 3... rest of the amp is pristine and this one definitely lived an easy life.
  18. Z

OK, just found the photo I took earlier. I've got the original 2SC2607 and 2SA1116 - 7 pairs. And then one pair of motorola 70483180 and 70473180.
  19. Z

Can't remember exactly, but I think they are Motorola's. When I looked them up they seemed to be the previous generation of whatever MJxxx is recommended for replacement now.
  20. Z

I recently picked up a nice pc2002m from a fellow member here in barter town. I went through and recapped it, DC offset is good and bias dialed in easily. Only slight issue is that one channel has a single pair of replacement outputs that are not original and do not match the rest. Should I...
  21. Z

1060 Bias adjustment - too low

I've got a 1060 that I just restored, and I'm trying to dial in the bias on the amp section. I've got new 470 ohm bourns trimmers but they are maxed out and the highest I can adjust the bias is 12mv right channel and 8mv left (this is measuring across both emitter resistors and should be set to...
  22. Z

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Nice.. I still have my DA4ES that I bought new back in 2003. My first foray into higher end audio. Doesn't get much play in the rotation these days but I'm sure it will someday :)
  23. Z

2285B one channel very weak

Ok, so I just pulled CE32 which was a new 1uf Wima film. The traces there lifted up very easily, so I'm thinking one was damaged already but hidden under solder. I put in a new cap and extended the lead out directly to the pin on the selector switch. Result is I now have good signal on both...
  24. Z

2285B one channel very weak

Ok, at CE32 I'm getting no signal. At QE06, I get a loud "boop" at base and collector.
Back
Top Bottom