Search results

1. Atom Drop

Unidentified Speakers.....Can Anyone Shed Some Light?

Haha on that speaker stack, faber12. I no longer have it like that. It was in my bedroom and no pets. Lol. I have since obtained some different speakers that I have stacked, but not so dangerously high. And the $20 for the speakers have been well worth the amount of knowledge I am getting since...
  2. Atom Drop

Okay thanks toxcrusadr. I will have to go deeper into the cabs very carefully and get my hands on the supplied caps. I would then love to learn on how to test the caps with a multimeter. I just purchased my first multimeter and am eager to perform a first test of some sort. Especially with speakers.
  3. Atom Drop

I wander which speakers JVC designed for this particular amp. I am curious enough to peek through an old JVC catalog from the same year model as this receiver. It would have to be from 1973. Do you know if JVC made audiophile speakers at that time? Or at any time?
  4. Atom Drop

Thank you, slimecity. I appreciate the information and the web link. Looks like parts express is the place to go for caps and other electronic needs. I also appreciate your simple advice. My employment supervisor went to school for electronic engineering. Anytime I ask him for advice, he goes...
  5. Atom Drop

It's an interesting receiver. I found that I had to turn the volume up to three quarters of the way up for sound. The four speakers I had connected to shouldn't have eaten up too much power. So the JVC is under powered just as you experienced with it. The 4 channel matrix speaker mode definitely...
  6. Atom Drop

Yeah that was the only way to get decent treble from them tweeters. Thanks for informing about it being due to the old caps on them tweeters. So how do you suggest I replace them? Do I remove the old caps and replace with the same rating caps? Or does the label on the back of the cabinet shed...
  7. Atom Drop

Thanks for the boost of confidence in my new adventures. I turned both pairs of speakers on their sides with the tweeters toed inwards and stacked on each other. Experimenting with this type of speaker placement as I have never tried this before. I am truly a newbie. Also tried them out with...
  8. Atom Drop

Thank you janikphoto. That is very true. These may have never had a badge of recognition in the mainstream. I was mostly curious for the sake of just being curious. The past couple of days I have been experimenting with them in different small area setups. The acoustics and vocal output sound...
  9. Atom Drop

Cool. This one was a $5 storage unit rescue. Needs work. Puts out sound great, but with the slightest bit of a hiss coming out from the right channel. It will need to be serviced if I choose to keep it. All I did to it was open it up and clean all the potentiometers. The contacts on them were...
  10. Atom Drop

Okay I finally found the cap tucked tightly on one of the connecting wires. I didn't want to disconnect the wires from the woofer posts because it was very snug and I didn't want to damage them. But after peeking very closely into the cab, I found that cap. I'm sure them caps need to be...
  11. Atom Drop

And interestingly enough these cabs don't have a single cap inside of them. Now I may need help to cap these speakers to get some better modified sound from them. What do I need to do first to test each driver and tweeter for their respective capabilities? Thank you everyone for any advice and...
  12. Atom Drop

Here is what the the tweeters look like and the numbers stamped on them. It says PT8160.
  13. Atom Drop

Alright so here it is. I have finally decided to remove a driver and here are the numbers stamped on it.
  14. Atom Drop

Thank you, GlenGC, for your advice. I will share info about what's inside the cabs as soon as I get inside of them.
  15. Atom Drop

Thanks. I'm not too sure what I want to venture into just yet. I barely created this stack two days ago only to have a holding place for the speakers on top. I am now considering a selector to make something happen, but I will definitely need to lay the Realistic Nova 6 cabs sideways. I don't...
  16. Atom Drop

Cool. So under ten foot runs of wire should be fine with a 16 gauge wire? With my setup the wires are not much longer than four feet a piece.
  17. Atom Drop

Okay Speedbump71. Thanks a bunch. I will see what you have. I appreciate you.
  18. Atom Drop

I guess that I could purchase a multiple channel speaker selector. Something like this one that popped up online when I did a quick search. If anyone knows of a good stereo speaker selector, please give me some recommendations. I greatly appreciate it...
  19. Atom Drop

And I'm not sure if my speaker stack is a little excessive or not, but I'm trying to have some fun.
  20. Atom Drop

I just purchased these mystery cabs five days ago and this is how they're fitted into my control center. And right now I've only got them and the cabs they're sitting on hooked up to the receiver.
  21. Atom Drop

Thanks nexus. I'm learning so much now about what kind of ingredients I have in these cabinets. Thanks a bunch for the information.
  22. Atom Drop

Thanks Gazdatronik for your positive opinion and support. If I ever decide to reconstruct those cabinets, I will ask you for ideas and help in doing so. I appreciate you. I'm about to post some photos of how I have them speakers setup in my control center.
  23. Atom Drop

Realistic MC-1000 speakers?

Hello fellow AK's. I am a couple of days new to this site. I'm not sure what is the right way to ask about these same speakers. Do I start a new thread or do I post my question here on this thread?
  24. Atom Drop

Thank you very much, gdmoore28. I appreciate the valuable information you've provided. I know all of your information comes from experience and I appreciate you sharing that with me. I'm having so much fun already since I've joined AK. I know I'm amongst some great people on here. I'm grateful...
  25. Atom Drop

Thank you very much, toxcrusadr. I greatly appreciate and value all the information you share with me. On my next day off from work I will open them up and hopefully get a little more information. I've been pressure washing all day and if I try to remove the drivers now, I will most likely punch...
Back
Top Bottom