Search results

1. ontheroad303

Compression driver ID

Just came back from picking up what I believe to be a single 32C horn (plastic version, correct me if I'm off there) mated to an unmarked compression driver. There are a few stamps on the CD, pictures attached, but haven't been able to confirm. Maybe it's an 802 if it came from a Model 15? Any...
  2. ontheroad303

Restored Eight Deluxe dropping a channel

I purchased an Eight Deluxe a few years back that had been fully restored in 2019 by QRX Restore. Earlier this week, it started intermittently dropping the right channel, which I initially suspected was the turntable or cartridge. I tested with FM and AUX, along with moving to a different...
  3. ontheroad303

Shopping for a tonearm in Tokyo

Off to Japan later this month for 2 weeks, will have the most time for shopping in Tokyo. I'm about to embark on a SP-10mkii restoration, so I'd like to bring a tonearm back with me. Anyone have an updated list of shops to check out? IIRC, Hifido has some brick and mortar stores, but I don't...
  4. ontheroad303

Running speaker wire over a mantle

The best placement for our speakers at the moment is on either side of our fireplace, which means we've got one long speaker wire going across the top of the mantle. Wife wants it to disappear. Looking for ideas on concealing the speaker wire, and can't go through the plaster as it's all brick...
  5. ontheroad303

Speaker ID?

The ones on the bottom look interesting, no additional pictures though. Cornwalls without badges maybe? I've asked the seller for any pictures of the back.
  6. ontheroad303

Worth a shot?

The wife and I went to buy a dining room table from a woman who was starting to downsize. After asking if there was anything else we needed, I casually asked about stereo gear. She mentioned there was one thing but that I probably wouldn't want it. She brings me inside and shows me a system...
  7. ontheroad303

rickb119 is as solid as they come

Rick (@rickb119) was kind enough to respond to a wanted ad I had for some cat-proof ADS L710s. The price was right and even turned on the space heater in the garage for a demo. Great seller, buy with confidence.
  8. ontheroad303

Cartridge Advice: Sony PS-2250 w/ PUA-114 tonearm

Seeking some guidance from you fine folks. I've been scouring the web for more info in Sony's PUA-114 tonearm and cartridges that would go well with it. When I bought the table, it came with a Shure V15 type II, with a needle that seemed to have some life left on it. I guess one option would be...
  9. ontheroad303

A beast of a score

Every now and then you catch a post the minute it’s listed. Nice family downsizing from a big ol ranch. This was grandpas and it wasn’t making the trek to their new home. Going back to get the speakers later, the main cabinet had to have been 250lbs alone. Elac Miracord 10h turntable Tandberg...
  10. ontheroad303

Chicago heading west to KC?

Trying to make a triangular deal work, let me know if you're making the trip soon.
  11. ontheroad303

Spendor BCII/BC2

So, I was granted early access to an estate sale this morning to go pick up a very nice Sony PS2250 turntable and alongside it was a set of Spendor BCII's. It was a few bills out the door for everything, so I thought I'd take a gamble as I had heard good things about the brand on AK...
  12. ontheroad303

Fisher 400 tubes - where to spend and where to save

Hi all - I've got a 400 that's currently under the knife for a restoration. I know I'm going to need new 7868 output tubes, but I'm wondering where it makes the most sense to spend money on tubes vs. where I can save a few bucks. I believe this is the full tube list for the early version (my...
  13. ontheroad303

Headphone prices - vintage vs new

So I've been poking around AK and Head-fi (and the auction site's sold listings) trying to get a sense of what the right price points are for some vintage cans vs newer ones. I've read great things about some old Koss's (Pro-4AAA), Pioneers (Monitor 10s, SEL 40s), and some others. What I...
  14. ontheroad303

Luxman K-8 help

Hi all - Since our office is closed through the end of the month, I figured I'd try and get this thing up and running again. My history with it is brief - I picked the K-8 up alongside a system of other seemingly unused gear (Onkyo A-7/T-4, Dual TT). The rest has found new homes, but the...
  15. ontheroad303

Colorado to SF area

Throwing it out there - my 2WD city car wouldn't stand a chance. Thanks!
  16. ontheroad303

Colorado CL - ADS L1230

Way too big for my needs, but a killer deal for someone who could spare the space. Posted 2 hours ago. ADS L-1230: https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/littleton-big-ads-speakers-with-big/7023188316.html
  17. ontheroad303

Blue Note/Vinyl Me, Please Anthology series

Saw this pop up on my feed the other day. Thought some folks here might be interested. -- "Introducing VMP Anthology: The Story Of Blue Note Records, an exclusive 6-week journey into the music & history of jazz's most legendary label. Featuring expert storytelling, a private fan community and...
  18. ontheroad303

Someone's weekend started off nicely

Saw this and responded far too late. A TD-124 with an SME arm for a Franklin - can't win em all. Hope an AKer grabbed it.
  19. ontheroad303

bashman buys great records (and is a great buyer)

@bashman was quick with his payment, understanding of the delays due to holiday travel season, and patiently waited for Ringo & Paul to arrive at his doorstep. Barter with confidence!
  20. ontheroad303

Console ID?

Posting this in the tube forum since the photo was taken in the 50s. Any clue what console this is or who might have made/designed it? Beautiful piece. For what it's worth, it looks like Julius Shulman took the photo around 1954. Thanks!
  21. ontheroad303

Colorado Springs - Wharfdale, Fisher, Kenwood

No affiliation, just wondering if anyone checked it out - looked like there were a few nice pieces in the home: https://www.estatesales.net/CO/Colorado-Springs/80918/2054688 Mostly curious what the Wharfdale W-4/Airedale's were selling for. Beautiful speakers.
  22. ontheroad303

Philly area to New Hampshire

Hi all - Found a table I've been looking for just outside of Philadelphia. Is anyone in the area, or passing through, heading north for the holidays who could deliver the table to a restorer up north in Exeter, NH? Thanks in advance!
  23. ontheroad303

Mac 1700 vs Sansui Eight

The lady and I are moving in together coming up and I've been looking for a Sansui Eight as I really like the face, have heard great things about the iconic Sansui sound (I've enjoyed my 5000a since day 1), and she simply won't accept anything but a silver face with a wood case. A week or so...
  24. ontheroad303

Watkins, CO - Klipsch Heresy $275

No affiliation. Can't fit them in my place or I'd go check them out. They definitely need some love, but a decent price for a great set of speakers. https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-heresy-speakers/6328563028.html
  25. ontheroad303

Saturday morning mini-score

Saw a posting for a garage sale with the below models in excellent cosmetic condition going for next to nothing. Onkyo A-7 Integrated Amp Onkyo T-4 Tuner Luxman K-8 Cassette Deck Dual CS 604 When I got there, all of them were unboxed with the original boxes below the table. I chatted up the...
Back
Top Bottom