Search results

1. R

tube paranoia getting the best of me

Thanks for the welcome friend.
  2. R

I didn't say anything about a multimeter squirrel dave. Thanks for your input, it didn't help much though.
  3. R

Ive only owned solid state gear my entire life but have always been intrigured by tubes. A few months back I took a chance and bought Fisher integrated amp and got it up and running and plan on completely recapping it soon. Loving the sound I purchased a dynaco 70 kit and put it together easily...
  4. R

usb dac jitter question

I don't know what chipsets or IRQ's are .... but if something was corupt, I was thinking I could simply delete the driver for the USB's from device manager and then reboot the computer and the drivers would be automatically reinstalled.... would that fix the issue? Unless your referring to...
  5. R

usb to coax converter?

hey thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I never visited that site before but a quick search answered a number of my questions right off the bat.
  6. R

usb to coax converter?

So about 400 is the jumping off point? Anything cheaper that wont jeopardize playback?
  7. R

usb to coax converter?

I like to use the coax input into my dac instead of usb.... I use laptop with only usb out. What are my options that wont break the bank nor jeopardize bit perfect playback?
  8. R

usb dac jitter question

I think its "jitter" I am referring too. I noticed static/diginoise using the 2.0 usb output on my laptop to my DAC. I switched to the 3.0 usb output with the same cable and the noise went away. Is that jitter and what is occurring?
  9. R

bugle 2 vs rega fono

sorry cant help since I haven't heard the rega, but the bugle is decent for its price. Esp if you could get it as a kit prior to being discontinued. Ive been thinking about the Rega so I will be watching this thread for sure.
  10. R

dac with volume control into passive preamp

Do vol pots on dac's usually have bypass switching? Fwiw, the output is 0 V to 2.3V (±1dB, 47K ohms).
  11. R

dac with volume control into passive preamp

I use a volume control pot to send my sources to power amp. I am able to switch between 2 sources using the "passive preamp" . Sounds great. Im going to buy a new DAC that has its own volume control. I could plug it directly into the power amp if I want. However, then I would have to swap...
  12. R

Shockshield outlets for tube amps

Ive read lots of posts recommending the 90033 shocksheild gfci/surge outlet adapters for plugging in tube amps. The non clamping outlet acts as a breaker when power is interrupted. Very handy. I put one between the wall and a switchable power strip. (so I can still switch off the strip...
Back
Top Bottom