Search results

1. R

Elac 10f hum

Hey I picked up a classic elac 10f, it had a early sixties cart on it with an all metal body, and the headshell has what appears to be a ground strap attached to one the cart mounting screws. The cart was a goner, so I put in a more modern one, but it has a plastic body so no place to attach...
  2. R

Dual cs5000 thermistor location

Hi I picked up one of these in non-working, no-power condition. Replaced the two capacitors everyone recommends, but still no joy. Heard there’s a thermistor that could have blown, but haven’t found it yet! Looked in the transformer box but didn’t see it! Anyone got a clue? Many thanks in...
  3. R

Help tracking volume dependent hum 500c

Hi everyone I’m helping a friend restore a 500c. So far we’ve replaced the two 1000uf caps, the coupling caps, and a few other various electrolytics here and there. We haven’t done the can caps yet or the rectifier. I’ve checked all the tubes except for the 7591s (nobody’s tester fits those...
  4. R

Fisher 400 low right channel on fm stereo

Hi everyone. Recently picked up a 400, had the basic power supply work done. Sounds great on aux and phono and fm mono. But on fm stereo, the right channel volume is about 1/2 of the left. I’ve tried swapping around the 12ax7 tubes but no difference. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Brent
Back
Top Bottom