Search results

1. Turnip

Bluetooth Audio Reciever Recommendations

Hi All. Since recently joining the Spotify revolution, I'm looking for a Bluetooth receiver for my hi-fi system. Currently I'm looking at these 2 units on Amazon (which basically look exactly the same with a different logo on)...
  2. Turnip

Sound cutting out in one speaker on one channel

While listening to my CD channel the right speaker cuts out. It used to be occasional, now it pretty much doesn't work. Any tips for troubleshooting? My plan at the moment is to swap the cables to check that isn't the issue first, then plug the different CD outputs into inputs for other...
  3. Turnip

Technics SL-B210 Maintenance and Questions

I recently acquired an old Technics SL-B210 turntable which has been fairly well used and I have a few questions about potential maintenance to avoid damage to my records. The TT is pretty dusty, so I assume it's sat around for quite a while. 1 - Should I buy a new stylus/cartridge? Obviously...
  4. Turnip

Phono Channel Hum

I know this is likely a common question, but I bought a nice little hi-fi setup at the weekend, which I love apart from one problem, there is a hum on the phono channel. Setup as follows:- Yamaha AX-596 amp Yamaha CDX-480 CD player Yamaha TX-480L tuner Technics SL-B210 turntable Panasonic...
  5. Turnip

Turnip's Yami Rig

After much deliberation and probably annoying members here with stupid questions, I finally got a bit if a bargain of a whole system... Yamaha AX-596 amp Yamaha CDX-480 CD player Yamaha TX-480L tuner Technics SL-B210 turntable Panasonic SB-PM11 speakers Also a spare Yamaha AX-380 amp which...
  6. Turnip

Yamaha 90's stuff, worth It?

So im pretty new to hifi and I've been offered a 90's Yamaha Radio (TX-480L), CD player (CDX-480) amp (AX-380) and a Technics Sl-B210 Turntable. Most of which I can't find a lot about other than they were sort of entry level in the early 90's. He wants £90 for it all currently but I reckon can...
  7. Turnip

Marantz PM-30 SE Special Edition

I've found one of these in a near-by 2nd hand electrical shop for £30 (I believe, though the signage was confusing and I didn't have time to wait for someone and ask), which seems like a pretty good price looking at them on eBay going for up to £80 and more. What are the units like? I'm trying...
  8. Turnip

Starting Vintage Set-up Without Electrical Knowledge

I've been trying to find some good deals to start a bit of a vintage hi-fi setup and getting to know where to look locally and found an amp, CD player, turntable etc.. But before I take the plunge, the last bit bothering me is my lack of electrical knowledge. If I drop some money on this and...
  9. Turnip

Finding Equipment in England

So this isn't about British equipment directly, but I was wondering how many other people over here manage to find most of their bargains? I'm new to the scene and only really been looking for the last week or so but been finding it really hard to find anything other than on eBay, which is fine...
  10. Turnip

Howdy!

Hi there! I'm pretty new to the idea of vintage audio equipment, but I like the idea of getting something good sounding for a reasonable price as well as the general asthetics and build qualities of most older things. I've been wanting some way to play vinyl records for some time now and a...
Back
Top Bottom