Search results

1. Roguesquatch

Sansui 4000

Sansui Eight rebuilt by QRX right here in town, paired with Technics SB-7000A speakers. I think it sounds as good as the JBL L-110s. My GF disagrees.
  2. Roguesquatch

Does anyone else have RtR Speakers?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had just put them up in the attic at the time of my post and promptly tweaked my back shortly thereafter. Anyway, I just brought them down and the woofer measures 8", the veneer is not wood and they are only moderately heavy for their size.
  3. Roguesquatch

Does anyone else have RtR Speakers?

Picked these up at a garage sale 7 years ago for $10 having no idea what the RTR logo was. They sound fantastic and I have never been able to figure out what model the actually are. Anybody know what the heck these are?
  4. Roguesquatch

JBL L110 Recap

I'm not yet at the level of being able to fully comprehend a schematic honestly. Regardless, it does not give enough specifics about what exact kind of capacitor to purchase as replacements. I found this out when I attempted to order new parts from Parts Express. I simply do not know exactly the...
  5. Roguesquatch

JBL L110 Recap

Boy, as someone who is trying to learn this and only doing so at a snail's pace, this whole process can just be confusing as hell! I could not locate a schematic so I just opened them up and took photos. There are 2 ea. 18 mfd 100v caps, 36 mfd 100v caps, 6 mfd 100v caps, 4 mfd 200v caps, then...
  6. Roguesquatch

JBL L110 Recap

Any chance you still have a parts list from that recap? I'm going to be doing mine in the next month or 2. Thanks!
  7. Roguesquatch

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

First time seeing another KA-8006 out there. Such a wonderful amp. 5 years since I finally got it up and running and still love it! Always at the top of the list of coolest looking designs too!
  8. Roguesquatch

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

A few years ago I picked up a filthy Pioneer SX-780 for $35. I spent an entire college football game just cleaning a layer of dust from the inside. Upon a heavy application of Deoxit, every single feature including the lights worked. Sounds great, though it is lightly used as the bedroom unit...
  9. Roguesquatch

MB Quart speakers ?

I pulled the woofer and here's the pic. I think we are dealing with very strange DIY project, but I cannot understand why....
  10. Roguesquatch

MB Quart speakers ?

11. Roguesquatch

MB Quart speakers ?

Good idea, looks like I'm pulling the drivers out after work.
  12. Roguesquatch

MB Quart speakers ?

I acquired these speakers along with a Sylvania RQ 4748 receiver for a mere $30 and a nice hour long drive through the Oregon countryside. I have never seen either this receiver or these speakers before, but since i know of the Sylvania brand and I am not trying to sell said receiver, I am very...
  13. Roguesquatch

Kenwood KP-3021 help

Thank you, I got the lifter set to the proper height and it is now lifting and moving properly. All features are now working and I got it to successfully play a record! Major victory for this rank amateur! Up next is figuring out how to adjust the drop and lift point of the tone arm. The auto...
  14. Roguesquatch

Kenwood KP-3021 help

Ok, so I've removed the tt from the plinth and cleaned and lubed all the parts in the lifter assembly. I don't seem to be able to get the lifter to move much at all though. Is the set screw on the lifter supposed to be all the way in tight?
  15. Roguesquatch

Kenwood KP-3021 help

Hey all, thank you for all your prompt and informative replies. So sorry it's taking me so long to get back to this, but I've been pulled away from this project by some very pressing matters. I deeply appreciate the help and intend to make good use of this info very soon, at which time I will be...
  16. Roguesquatch

Kenwood KP-3021 help

Alright, I'm trying the "similar model" route but I'm not getting very close. I was hoping to avoid just digging blindly but it looks like that's my only course here. Little to no info for this model as I said earlier. Anyone know anything about this table and why it's so hard to track down?
  17. Roguesquatch

Kenwood KP-3021 help

I've got a Kenwood KP-3021 turntable that I'm trying to get up and running but I cannot find any information on it, let alone a manual. It seems as though it was an overseas model so info is scarce. The issue I am trying to address is the tone arm lever and/or lifter. While the lever moves...
  18. Roguesquatch

Tips for getting grills off Micron/General Audio speakers?

A few months late, but I just sold these so it prompted me to look them up again. In case you have not already figured it out, you just pry the grills out from inside the brass lip. I used a butter knife after trying to break the brass lip first.
  19. Roguesquatch

Hey Copper Wizard, My name is Jason (Roguesquatch) and I met you a while back at St Vinnies and...

Hey Copper Wizard, My name is Jason (Roguesquatch) and I met you a while back at St Vinnies and you recently responded to my question about some Goodman's speakers. I was wondering if you would like to come take a look at the speakers in person some time. I still haven't hooked them up yet as...
  20. Roguesquatch

Need help finding info on these Goodman's speakers

Very cool! Thanks for the input!
  21. Roguesquatch

Hey man! We actually met over a year ago at the St Vinnie's warehouse and you were kind enough to introduce yourself and offer some valuable info about speakers. At that time you gave me your name on AK but it took me this long to get my act together and become part of the AK community for...
  22. Roguesquatch

Thank you for the input, that seems to be right in line with what I have read. BTW, I love your quote, it's perfect!
  23. Roguesquatch

Hello all, I recently acquired a pair of Goodman's of England Model B-5 Professional series speakers and I can find no info on them. Before I got them I had never heard of them either. I traded some cast off parts for them and I was told his girlfriend tore the grill cloth off in an attempt to...
  24. Roguesquatch

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

SP-5000,99090431,roguesquatch SP-5000,99080379,roguesquatch
Back
Top Bottom