Search results

1. M

Are You An Audiofile ? Self Test:

You say/write/think: Sonic brick wall You hate: Bose 901's You were in the military in the 1970's/1980's You worked for: Leos Stereo, Pacific Stereo, Circuit City You consider: Cerwin Vega's "west coast speakers" You admire: anything Steely Dan
  2. M

Deoxit - Not just for electronics

My 53 year old Mustang has some sticky switches. Deoxit fixed them right up!!! Great stuff.
  3. M

Sony STR-V4 Help - Quieter Right Channel

I picked up a Sony STR-V4 recently. $80. All is well except the right channel runs at a lower volume, and is sometimes a little scratchy. I've removed the cover and lightly blown out all the old dust and done the De-oxit thing. A-B tests with another receiver show the problem is isolated to...
  4. M

Bulbs Burning - Sony STR-7055

Can you guys help me? Why do you think the bulbs on the LHS of my Sony STR-7055 keep burning out? LHS being the volume side. The thing sounds and runs great otherwise. Appreciate the input...and any bulb recommendations.
  5. M

Anyone running a CD player through an older Sony reciever?

I have an STR-7055 with Cerwin Vegas D 7-E’s and was thinking about getting a CD player. I have like a bunch of CDs. Players look cheap on ebay. Also, any recommendations on players? I like the Sony stuff.
  6. M

Sony STR-7055-How can I be sure the ground is good?

I have the above captioned Sony receiver. I want to be sure the ground is good. Sometimes when I touch the front panel I hear a slight and faint crackling.
  7. M

Hey Sony Fans...Question

Can you provide some thoughts and opinions between the older Sonys, like the STR-7055 against the 'newer' units, like the STR-GX7ES??? Just wondering and thinking of picking up an end of the stereo production line GX.ES type unit.
  8. M

Feedback Hum Sony PS-X60

I am getting feedback/hum at higher volumes from my Sony PS-X60. Receiver is also a vintage Sony, STR 7055. I’ve moved the turntable to different spots, still hum. So I swapped out the turntable with another one, also a Sony PS-LX5. No feedback or hum. Any idea what may be the issue with...
  9. M

Cerwin Vega D 7-E

Picked up a set of these yesterday here in Arizona. $100 Craigslist special. They need refoams and new grill cloth. This willbe a fun project.
  10. M

Acquired Sony PS-X60

I love it. I run stereo only through a Sony STR-V7055 and Cerwin-Vega D3's. To get it up and running, I purchased an AT95E. Led Zeppelin III sounds good... Being an advanced novice beginner, could someone recommend a cartridge (+ stylus) for this table? $200 range more or less? Thanks in...
  11. M

Any Idea What Cart This Is?

It came with a recently acquired Sony PS-LX3. What styli could I add to it and give it a whirl?? Recommendations accepted. Muchas gracias.
  12. M

Picked Up a Sony PS-LX3 for $16

This is a pretty okay TT from maybe what, 1981? Actually been looking for this one or its big brother, the PS-LX5. Found it at a record/book/DVD/CD store chain here in Arizona. It was pretty dusty but got it all cleaned up. The dust cover will need some big league polishing. However, it...
  13. M

Help With Speakers for My New-Old Sony Setup

I have the following: Sony STR-7055 receiver Sony PS-X60 turntable Speakers: circa 1998 Infinity RS8 (with side firing 'midbass' powered woofers) tower type. This set up is for records only. Led Zepplin III sounds pretty good. So it sounds good enough, but what do you think about searching...
  14. M

Sony PS-X60

Good day AK! Getting ready to take delivery of a new to me Sony PS-X60. Should deliver in two days. Will post fotos when it gets here. I've downloaded both the user guide and the service manual. All else being equal, and this being a vintage table, looking for pointers and tips from Sony...
  15. M

New [Old] Sony STR-7055

OK. First post and thrilled to be here! :banana: Picked up a 1973-1975 Sony STR-7055. For reference and inquiring minds, paid $150 (shipped. bought and sold on ebay). Running it through my now vintage 1998 Infinity RS8's. Still trying to find a cool turn table. Really seem to like the old...
Back
Top Bottom