Search results

1. hick.man

YS-AUDIO solo moving coil cartridge tube preamplifier ??

hey all, i picked this up at a yard sale last week and I a not finding much info on it. just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it? the only thing I found online says its not a preamp and that you would still have to preamp to use it. kinda confusing. hoping someone might chime in...
  2. hick.man

Who is still using Hafler Gear?

woops I did not realize I had already already posted on this thread a while back. been a little busy and havent been on in a while. if a mod see's this post please delete. sorry all
  3. hick.man

Class D really not so great

heheh, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...:rflmao:
  4. hick.man

Kappa 8 Pre-Final

I was pushing mine with a hafler XL-600 amp and a NAD series 20 preamp, they are not in my current lineup at this time, just sitting in the back room. they are power hungry monsters. need a big amp to run them properly.
  5. hick.man

Why Infinity ?

I hear ya, these produce alot of bass but its not tight punch you in the face/chest bass "like my klipsch RF-7s do, which I love" I would say they are more suited for instrumental/jazz/orchestra and like I said earlier vocals are stunning from them, to me anyway. they do take a massive amount of...
  6. hick.man

Why Infinity ?

not currently running in my setup but I have these in my arsenal of extra equipment in the back room. saved them from a goodwill for 60 bones, sitting there with rotted foam around the woofers, covered in matted animal hair, the grills had massive white stains, just filthy as it gets but the...
  7. hick.man

Kappa 8 Pre-Final

how bout some pics of them legends. I own a set as well.
  8. hick.man

Class D really not so great

touche "chuckle"
  9. hick.man

Hafler XL-600.....The Eviction Notice Amp

I just pulled out my XL600 after sitting on it for years, thought something was wrong with it but turns out I needed a better preamp with a high level pre out. had hooked up to a set of old klipsch kg 4.5's. had to be careful not to blow the speakers outta the cabinets. she sounds glorious!
  10. hick.man

KG 4.5 Score or Shame?

sorry I should have uploaded pics. there are def some gouges and deep scratches, embedded dirt. I also included pics of the poly dust caps that were pushed in. I used duct tape and a hair dryer as the poly dust caps are pretty thick and stiff. these have def. been a work in progress but they...
  11. hick.man

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

heheh, Indeed, I"m sitting a quite a few goodwill finds. I'm a pack rat. I'm lucky Ive gotta wife that loves music as much as I do and encourages alot of my purchases.
  12. hick.man

Sometimes...Just sometimes, it's good to read the manual lol

heheh, that was great, very descriptive! you should write stories . well blue shadow pointed out you had a confession thread as a response to a post I made earlier today, so here goes. I scored a hafler xl600 at my local goodwill about 5 years ago and used it with a nad series 20 preamp bought...
  13. hick.man

hahah, well the confession felt good for the soul I guess but not as good as it felt to hear that 600 sing. thanks
  14. hick.man

I f I scored a hafler xl600 at my local goodwill about 5 years ago and used it with a nad series 20 preamp bought at a local record store and paid way too much but I needed it for the phono stage at the time and ran it all to a pair of infinity kappa 8's that I got at the same good will and...
  15. hick.man

Dahlquist history

I recently picked up a set of the DQM-5's for 30 bones a goodwill and I agree they sound awesome.
  16. hick.man

panasonic wp-9220 question

i bought some adapters at guitar center yesterday, worked out great. the amp sounds wonderful
  17. hick.man

klipsch kg 4.5 re-finish advice

I would like to refinish my kg 4.5's that are light oak finish but I cant tell if they are solid wood and if they have veneer. cant seem to locate any definite info. wondering if someone can point me in the right direction or if there might be a tutorial? thanks
  18. hick.man

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

heheh yup I'm a metal head at heart but after acquiring better audio equipment over the years and hearing much more detail etc. my tastes and appreciation have def. evolved.
  19. hick.man

very nice, just checked it out on YT. been getting into jazz/jazz fusion more and more over past few years. will def add this to my collection, thanks
  20. hick.man

KG 4.5 Score or Shame?

sorry I know this is an old post but I recently picked pair of these up in the light oak as yours are but the cabinets def need refinished and I have never done cabinet restore before. could you tell me what you did to refinish yours?
  21. hick.man

Best speaker score under $100

Infinity Kapps 8's from the local goodwill for 60.00 and I re-foamed them. sound sensational but are VERY power hungry. they are sitting in the room with the rest of my extra equipment as I am now using my Klipsch RF-7's that were a craigslist find but I payed alot for those and were worth every...
  22. hick.man

very nice find, still a great camera by all means. I have the T3i and T4i with some nice lenses and I love these camera's as they capture very nice images indeed.
  23. hick.man

I have a room full of nice audio gear from goodwill over the years but goodwill's here have become very hard to score nice items any more as they now send anything like gaming stuff, stereo gear and etc. to their shop goodwill sites now, where you have to bid on it like ebay.
  24. hick.man

Nickel Creek: a dotted line album. panasonic wp-9220 amplifier with NAD series20 1020 preamp and a pair klipsch kg 4.5's and a cold unfiltered beer. all the equipment were goodwill finds and I must say it sounds wonderful!
Back
Top Bottom