Search results

1. RayN

MX-1000 and dead meters

I finally, after months of work, revived a thoroughly trashed MX-1k. There weren't a huge amount of dead components but the ones that were dead were spread out and hard to isolate. That combined with having to repair almost all of the amp interconnects because the pads were destroyed, ugh...
  2. RayN

Kappa 9 crossover request

I redid the crossovers on my Kappa 9 a while back. There were a few capacitor discrepancies between the published schematic and what was actually on the board. I've attached a snapshot of what was different. Can some of you K9 owners let me know if you have the same anomalies? The one I'm...
  3. RayN

Advice/help from circuit repair gurus

I'm a novice at electronics repair but I'm learning and enjoying every second. But, I've run into something I don't quite understand and could use some help. I'm working on an old Dokorder 8060 integrated amplifier (solid state SEPP design) and I've got the signal path all cleared up, however...
  4. RayN

3D printed cassette deck spindle "nipples"

These turned out better than I thought. It always bothered me that I was missing one and then a friend came through for me. PXL_20220428_212859568 by RayN posted May 2, 2022 at 7:58 PM PXL_20220428_213544324 by RayN posted May 2, 2022 at 7:58 PM
  5. RayN

MX-1000 blown left channel (help)

I happened upon another MX-1000 I got cheap because it was stuck in protect mode, sadly the left channel is blown. If I pull the left sub-channel card the unit fires up (on a DBT) and operates the right channel as expected. Here’s what I found on the left channel, with changes from reading...
  6. RayN

Dynaco A-50 Repair

I grabbed these speakers in a trade with a fellow enthusiast in my area. If you don't know these speakers the tweeter section in the crossover includes a rotary switch and a bunch of cement resistors for attenuation instead of an L-pad. Well, something happened with these guys that I've never...
  7. RayN

M4 help - stuck in protect

Hello. Be gentle, I'm a beginner, but I sure love the puzzle presented by a broken piece of electronics. I have a M4 that lived a rough life. I got it dirt cheap and the right channel drive was completely blown, four of the five fusible resistors were open and all four output transistors were...
  8. RayN

Yamaha CDX-910 issue

Hi all. I have a CDX-910 in really nice shape. However, when I bought it I knew it had some issues. It would have trouble reading disc indexes and playing without skipping, especially on the first 2-3 tracks. I figured I had a bad motor, laser, something, so I replaced the entire transport...
  9. RayN

CR-840 puzzler

OK, I've been through all the CR-840 threads and I'm pulling my hair out. I have a unit that turns on, lamps light, but the relay will not engage. Obviously there's no output on the speakers and the headphone jack is dead as well. All the voltages on the output ICs are good as are the voltages...
  10. RayN

Passive component experts- question about capacitors

I have been reconditioning vintage gear for about a year and I have a question about replacing capacitors. I understand that caps, especially electrolytic, have a relatively short life compared to other components. Usually when I come across gear more than 25 years old I automatically replace...
  11. RayN

EQ-630 power transformer

I have a EQ-630 with a broken power transformer and I'm trying to find an equivalent for replacement. The stock part accepts four primary voltages (110,120,220,240) and appears to have two secondary voltages (5V, 24V). At least that's what I get from the schematic. Can anyone confirm that for...
  12. RayN

Help identifying these JBLs

I picked these up as part of another speaker pick up, the seller said he had these and wondered if I'd pay $40 for them. I took a chance on them because I saw JBL. The cabinets (and maybe even the grills) have a really horrible spray paint job, unfortunately, and the drivers will need a...
  13. RayN

Help reviving M-80

Hello, I have an M-80 giving me some trouble. Here is the sequence of events that led to its demise: - Attaching the C speaker outputs resulted in a short that blew the main fuse - Replaced the fuse and amp powered up in protect mode - Found one of the smaller transistors on the right channel...
  14. RayN

MX-1000, how bad did I mess it up?

I recently purchased an AS-IS MX-1000 from the bay for a project. Other than being very dirty and bent, along with some loose connections on the speaker outputs, it worked! I spent some time cleaning it and bending it back into shape, the last thing I needed to do was replace some of the bulbs...
Back
Top Bottom