Search results

1. JR DePlateau

Any info on this Penncrest Reel to reel, record changer, stereo console?

That's exactly what I did.....well, sorta. I scored a freebie Technics GX7 organ, and it's a far greater addition to my music room than the aforementioned console!
  2. JR DePlateau

Any info on this Penncrest Reel to reel, record changer, stereo console?

This popped up for sale 6 minutes from me, any info regarding overall quality would be appreciated. Google has given little besides the fact that Penncrest was a JCPenney house brand.
  3. JR DePlateau

Anyone Into Old Mercedes?

The 1st S class, top left of the image, is virtually (if not completely) identical to my second car besides the color as mine, which was a 1969 280S. I was 17 in 1998 when I happened to see the car with a for sale sign held to the windshield via the opposing direction wipers. The exterior was...
  4. JR DePlateau

The biggest Realistic receiver?

Well, I grew up in Baltimore, MD so, with 1 in 10 addicted to heroin (actually heroin at the time, not fentanyl), we were encouraged to "enjoy our lunch break to the fullest"
  5. JR DePlateau

Zenith Console muffled speakers

This is a solid state unit, I have an identical one
  6. JR DePlateau

Zenith Console muffled speakers

There's a headphone jack
  7. JR DePlateau

Bose 601; What Series?

I'm reading this thread because there's a pair of series ii for sale ($350, but the price has, and will continue to drop). They're immaculate, but seller claims "tweeter array is not working", something I'm assuming is at fault between whatever xover is employed and the upper ,high frequency...
  8. JR DePlateau

RSL speakers, am I alone?

The fact that so many comments stress how they sound equally impressive soft or loud makes me want to find a pair.
  9. JR DePlateau

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a0U_zzQcr4tr3X-2jgZQyD5EYkmMEBnv/view?usp=drivesdk This is a different, older file I pulled up on line. If I can dig up the emailed brochure, I will.
  10. JR DePlateau

Comment by 'JR DePlateau' in media 'RSL 3300 Pic3 (2)'

Beauties! I fell upon a pair of CG-8A's and fell in love
  11. JR DePlateau

Did I just scroe? NRG Class A monoblocks

I was just reading forward on this thread, sorry to hear about the NRG's, and something you said really hit home. you said something to the effect that perhaps life is too short for all of these projects. I am glad to see that there are others like myself who, for whatever reason, gravitate...
  12. JR DePlateau

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on the forum.....second child was born in November, and I'm completing a resto on a '84 Toyota Dolphin mini rv, so I've been busy. I'll try to pull up the file tomorrow and I'll post it.
  13. JR DePlateau

Did Pioneer make vintage Realistic Receivers?

Old thread I realize, but I just came across an STA-2600 for sale....$20, all inputs/controls supposedly functioning. Only issue stated is “a steady, low volume hum that’s not affected by volume or change in input. Is this thing worth the efforts? Appreciate any info!!
  14. JR DePlateau

Nikko nr-519

Nice, I'm looking at a nr-519 locally in excellent cosmetic, and supposedly mechanical, condition for $40
  15. JR DePlateau

Revox BX-350 speaker pair, any thoughts?

Good afternoon and happy coming holidays to everybody! Just wanted some quick insight if anyone was able to provide me with any information on these speakers that I came across. Now, the seller seems to have some delusional pricing going on in their mind, but given the number of messages I...
  16. JR DePlateau

Sounds like a tower version of the cg8a bookshelf speakers I have, coming at a time when RSL was marketing the concept that fewer crossovers led to better sound quality. I don't remember the specifics of the pitch, but I believe it's centered on the idea that fewer crossovers compensated by...
  17. JR DePlateau

Yes, he told me via an email response that his son has taken the reigns in the production side. After stumbling on the pair of CG-8A's and posting on AK for guidance in learning more about them, it was suggested that I email Howard directly and get information from him. I almost didn't bother...
  18. JR DePlateau

Roger That! RSL CG-8/2!

I picked up a pair of the CG-8A's, sorta fell into em. While they're bookshelf dwarves relatively, they are beautiful to listen to. I emailed Howard, company founder, on the advice of an AK member, got a reply in 6 hours! Said the Compression Guide cab's were the biggest breakthrough for the...
  19. JR DePlateau

Boston Acoustics Substat 6 wiring and amp (power) requirements

Image online shows 2 wires from each of two channels on receiver; one to sub, one to sat's
  20. JR DePlateau

Technics SL-B5 Frequency Generator Servo Automatic turntable ??

Old thread I see....as I type this, I'm loading a SL-B5 with an interesting SHURE cartridge. It's dark out, but it's a TRACER 1 stylus. Is that a decent cartridge? I actually responded to the FREE post on Marketplace this morning;the pic was lousy, but I could see the glass front & top...
  21. JR DePlateau

Crestron Power Amps

I acquired two crestron units, I am pretty sure the models are SWAMP-24×12 (main unit) and SWAMPE-8 (an auxiliary unit, receives signal from the 24×12 via cat5 cable). My wife is glaring at me (I missed the garbage truck this morning ), so I will go back and read everything posted thus far prior...
  22. JR DePlateau

Roger That! RSL CG-8/2!

I stumbled upon a pair of the CG-8A's, which are hefty bookshelf speakers from the same era. Them, an Akai cassette deck, and a surprisingly decent Toshiba Direct Drive Turntable for $50 from a woman who came here to Florida from California to stay with her 92 year old mother. Upon sending an...
  23. JR DePlateau

I have a new room, I'd like some insight.

Vfc Any progress on your listening room? I was hoping to see what you did with the ceiling
  24. JR DePlateau

Yamaha NS-A635A Speakers- Any Good?

Hey, find yourself a pair of $28 speakers (making an analogy, cost means little) and do some comparisons. It's a good way to identify WHAT it is about a speaker that you like
Back
Top Bottom