Search results

1. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your input... Gave me lots of great info and options to consider. As it happens, I just pulled the trigger on a new Blackbird. It was a pretty good deal. So, if for whatever reason it isn't the cart for me, I should be able to flip it w/out taking too much of a hit. Thats my...
  2. DubChord

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Yup, lovely is the word for that receiver!
  3. DubChord

Recommended Modern Speakers

For budget bookshelves, I think the PSB Alpha B1 is a terrific speaker... They are no longer the "new hotness" in that crowded segment of the market, with the buzz more recently around Elac etc. But 8 months ago, I paid a whopping $170 on a nearly new pair for my secondary system... and my...
  4. DubChord

Photos from my Lounge

great setup! I believe I have the same LP shelves... though not nearly as many :)
  5. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

Not a bad idea. I'm new to AK and to the area, and this is as good a reason as any to meet some likeminded folks around here... Though I'm exceedingly busy w/ work this time of year (traveling 4-5 days/wk until dec). But it's worth trying for sure. Anyone aware of meet ups/G2Gs anywhere between...
  6. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

Any thoughts on Nagaoka MP-500?
  7. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

I'm definitely not against going used. This would open up a bunch of other options... as if there weren't enough already!
  8. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

Seems it would play well w/ my current gear. And at that price, there'd be room in the budget for a Project VC-S.
  9. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

20x2L on Agon for $660
  10. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

An interesting design approach for sure. Though, at that price, I might first be tempted to consider a new phono stage... A Sutherland Insight perhaps? And that's a thread for another day :confused:
  11. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

The Hana carts look interesting, and I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with them. Yes, and this is making it tough to decide... though there are certainly worse problems to have :) This is great to hear... I'm looking forward to the "fall into place" part of the show!
  12. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

How would you compare the two? Would you say the "phenomenal" EVO outperforms the merely "excellent" Performer by more than the $150 price difference would indicate?
  13. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

Apparently, mine is the "Satisfy Kardan"... which I believe is the very same (new name?) as the satisfy? I'll put the Benz-Micro on the list!
  14. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

Yes, the p5 works w/ both low and high output carts. Which makes me wonder what, if any, differences there might be in the sound of an Evo III low vs. Evo III high in my setup... all other things being equal? I haven't heard either the Evo III or the Blackbird, but I've certainly heard good...
  15. DubChord

Just put a small system in the dining room

Ha! What a great find... Congrats!
  16. DubChord

Gungnir Multibit Impressions

this DAC is VERY tempting as a replacement to the onboard DAC in my P5. Hmmm....
  17. DubChord

that Akai 1721L!
  18. DubChord

I'm slightly envious of your tape deck :)
  19. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

I'm thinking $1k, give or take a few hundred.
  20. DubChord

Cart suggestions?

Hello all, Welcome to my first ever thread on AK :) I'd like to replace the utterly unimpressive Concept V2 MM cart on my Concept Wood table, and I'm looking for suggestions for upgrade options. Until recently getting the Clearaudio table, I'd been quite happy with a Blue Point No2 (on a...
  21. DubChord

Best Albums to Trip to?

Hello all, I'm new to AK (like, 5 minutes new). Make what you will of the fact that this is the first thread that I'll contribute too... ;) Some real gems mentioned thus far... Can, Mahavishnu, Eno, Flaming Lips, Laswell... (though I doubt I'd ever be such a bold Psychonaut as to venture into...
Back
Top Bottom