Search results

1. Greg Nal

Dennis Had Magi 6EM7 SET amp-anyone with experience with this amp?

I purchased this amp for cheap on a whim in 2020 and due to the pandemic it went into my storage area and has been AWOL until now. I know little about 6EM7 power tubes, and the circuit is a SE Triode putting out 1.5-3 W/ch. Transformers are from a Scott 222 (TRA 8-5-1) with matching serial...
  2. Greg Nal

Marantz 7T missing the faceplate light/bezel-suggestions for replacement options?

I have a 7T where someone removed the light/bezel and added a random knob and pot, which I removed to restore it to original. Now I'm looking for options on what to replace it with. Any suggestions?
  3. Greg Nal

RS Steve makes a heckuva IBBA board!

I ordered a couple of IBBA boards for my vintage Fisher receivers from @RS Steve. He sent them along quickly and they arrived safe and sound. I can't wait to deploy them but as typical for me, that may be a while. Meanwhile, I wanted to give him a shout out for the work and look forward to the...
  4. Greg Nal

Thanks @paulvo-great jazz LP's came my way

@paulvo posted some Japanese Jazz LP's for sale, I grabbed 3 of them. They were extra well packed (super thick cardboard) and presented in excellent shape. Thanks for the safe ride and great tunes!
  5. Greg Nal

Yggdrasill is a great seller despite the tongue-twister username!!!

Hard to type, harder to pronounce, buying gear from @Yggdrasill is worth the effort. Bought a rare vintage preamp and tuner for very fair prices from him last week, he packed them about as well as any gear I've received and was very responsive via PM for setting up the sale and shipping. Don't...
  6. Greg Nal

How to get to the AK database of service manuals, etc.

When searching for a service manual for something audio, I default to hifiengine's database. However, AK has their own database of service manuals, etc and I have always struggled to access the archives of manuals here on AK. Found this in a thread today and thought I'd share it for those who...
  7. Greg Nal

Fisher SA 100-anyone rewind power transformers?

I have this SA 100. A while back, I gave it to my tech who said the PT was bad. At that time, I had contacted Transcendar, a guy on the Central Coast of CA who rewinds them, and he quoted me a fee, but shortly thereafter closed down his shop. I know I've read about people who do this-any...
  8. Greg Nal

Looking for PNW headed through Oregon to Central CA (Fresno)

Looking for Oregon City OR to Fresno (or nearby) for pickup and delivery (gas money included!) Thanks! Greg
  9. Greg Nal

Altec 342B Solid State amp with mic transformers

I picked up an Altec 342B Solid state amp recently for pretty cheap and wanted to know if anyone can give me an idea whether the mic transformers are useful in SUT applications for phono: Transformers are 1588A (there were 5) and 15095 (1). Thanks.
  10. Greg Nal

Mystery HH Scott Stereo Tube Integrated

I was doing my normal perusal of eBay offerings and came across a project Scott amp listed without a faceplate or model number, it can be found here: BTW-I have no affiliation with seller and am not advocating the sale of this item, it was a curiosity and I was looking for help identifying it...
  11. Greg Nal

Micro Seiki DD-20 mechanical cueing doesn't work

Picked up a MS DD-20 and have cleaned it up and gotten everything working...except the mechanical tonearm cueing (up/down). As seen in picture 1 below, there is a long spring that runs through a black plastic tube attached to the cueing buttons on one end and the damped tonearm lift on the...
  12. Greg Nal

Mystery (to me) cartridge logo...what do I have here?

Looking online at a vintage table and saw this pic of the cartridge. I'm not a turntable savant so this logo is unknown to me. Please help a brother out and share your wisdom as to what I might have here...
  13. Greg Nal

Descartridge helped me with ANOTHER Holy Grail find: JBL SA 660 amp!

@Descartridge Joe was clearing out some vintage gear and put one of my long time wants up for sale-the rare and fully restored JBL SA 660 solid state amplifier. The selling price was very reasonable and he was awesome to work with. I've been working with another Ak'er to restore a pair of JBL...
  14. Greg Nal

AdamITR helped me find a "holy grail" Scott 399

@AdamITR Adam was looking for some vacay money and had to part with a recently restored masterpiece to fund it. He went so far above and beyond in the transaction, even included photos and detailed notes of the full restoration done by AK'er @Dave451. The restoration was extensive and required...
  15. Greg Nal

It was "Snow"ing tubes here recently...

@Snow Dan was cleaning out his tube closet recently and sent me a giant pile of vintage tubes at a really great price. All tested and marked with performance figures, it was like Christmas when the box arrived. In addition, he threw in a baker's dozen freebies and none of them dogs! Great...
  16. Greg Nal

Santa delivers and not only at Christmas!

AK'er @santa was selling an AT331lp P-mount cartridge in excellent shape. I had a need and his price couldn't be beat. I've purchased a few things from Glen including a very sweet pair of Quicksilver horn mono tube amps. He's the real deal, grab things when he posts them! Thanks again, Greg
  17. Greg Nal

jbjsr came through again! AT 95SA cart/headshell and RCA 5691 tube

@jbjsr Joe had a couple of listing, one for a great old AT95SA cart with Shibata stylus and headshell, and a rare red base RCA 5691 tube. I reached out and he set me up. Well protected packing, quick shipping and a great guy to work with. I'm a repeat customer and highly recommend him. Thanks...
  18. Greg Nal

avguytx came through with the goods!

@avguytx Kip was cleaning out the audio cupboard and offered up some great isolation feet for a turntable. I have a project that needed just that so I hit him up. He shipped them quickly, well packed and just as promised. Super price and great guy to deal with. Thanks Kip! Greg
  19. Greg Nal

Thanks to Sanford12 for some great tubes!

@sanford12 Sanford was selling some vintage NOS GE 5AU4 Rectifiers, and you can never have too many of those lying around. Fair price, shipped quickly and packed perfectly. So happy to have some excellent spares hanging around. You can count on him to follow through and deliver as promised...
  20. Greg Nal

Shout out to notdigital for great cabinetry making!

@notdigital George built me a couple of custom cabinets for a my Fisher tube gear. Both were beautifully built, finished, packed and very reasonably priced. If you're in the market watch for him on bartertown. His cabinets are the two walnut veneered cabs in the middle of this picture-housing...
  21. Greg Nal

Goodwill online purchase-was hoping for a home run and got close...

So these speakers were on the goodwill online site a few weeks back. No info about the components, but the "N-3000E" scratched above the attenuator on one of the pictures piqued my interest. The cabinets had some serious flaws (the grill and top of one cabinet had major gouges) but I knew those...
  22. Greg Nal

Picked up some mono relics: Fairchild 200, Pickering 190 (NOS) tonearms

The first: NOS Pickering 190 Tonearm (wired mono) with cartridge and a pair of stylii-a D-140S Diamond stylus and a S 120M Sapphire stylus. The Tonearm is in its original box and absolutely appears unused. In original packing box with all instructions and hardware, including tonearm rest. The...
  23. Greg Nal

Infinitesimal RS 0.2's-missing a dustcap and side oak panels

Evening all, Picked up a pair of RS 0.2's, one metal grill was tweaked so I straightened it. Noted missing side wood oaks strips and one woofer dustcap. I think i can make the wood strips easy enough, but what's a good source on the dustcap?
  24. Greg Nal

Sourcing parts for SX-D7000

I picked up a working but rough D7000 yesterday from a local seller, with a rare SD-1100. The SD-1100 needs to be cleaned up but the faceplate is pretty clean and I could see the scope worked, but I noticed the D7000 has a broken slider switch for the Bass adjustment on the front and a missing...
  25. Greg Nal

Collins Model 200 with Gray Research 212SP tonearm (x2!)

Starting a restoration on these turntables. Story is a legendary local picker/repair guy/speaker builder/hoarder passed away in October 2020, and his 60+ year old son invited several of his friends to come peruse the several buildings of gear. Among the 100+ pieces we pulled from the sale over...
Back
Top Bottom