Search results

1. musicgeorge

Fisher 500TX recap roadblock

Sorry I'm just getting back, but all is well now, many thanks!! Bias pots needed a good cleaning Larry, slightest movement and they went all over the place and also revisited the power supply board and decided to replace the dubious set of diodes in the board, all of them. Works perfectly!!! All...
  2. musicgeorge

Many thanks Larry! Will do, the only thing that I can't do is check for oscillation, do not have a scope at this moment, but will do the rest and get back with news, wish me luck.
  3. musicgeorge

Hi Guys, Hope all of you are doing well and safe. Back trying to recap and restore my vintage gear, I am currently working on recapping my Fisher 500 TX, love the unit, first I worked on the Power Supply Board, recapped most electrolytics, checked and all was fine, slightly lower volume on right...
  4. musicgeorge

McIntosh C22 power supply multi-cap question

And it is coming from the lower left hand side, the last connection at the bottom. Hope I'm making myself clear.
  5. musicgeorge

Here are 3 pictures, the issue is with the brown cable bent on the upper right hand side, that was the cable going to the 1000uf part of the old can capacitor.
  6. musicgeorge

Thank you very much for this Mackie. Studying this and the other thread: Am I right to assume that I need to get a 1000uf 25v cap and install it between the brown cable and the can cap? Can cap will serve as ground, so negative side of cap to the twist holder of the cap and chassis and positive...
  7. musicgeorge

Me again. At one point another member asked the same question but was left unanswered, here is the original thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/c22-power-supply-cap-help.574408/ Any guidance will be much appreciated.
  8. musicgeorge

Hi there, Again in need of important advice. I'm restoring the power supply section of my McIntosh C22, bought the 3 can multi caps, and already installed two of them, i.e., the 50/50/50 and 1200/1200 section, but with the third one before installation came some doubts: I bought a 40/40/20/20...
  9. musicgeorge

Problems with Fisher FM 100B

Just want to report that thanks to Dave my Fisher FM100B tuner is up and running wonderfully, thanks Dave for taking care of my MPX sub chassis issues!!!!
  10. musicgeorge

Many thanks, again Dave. I think it is time to take it to a professional, wiggled the blue separation control a bit and reception continues to be the same.
  11. musicgeorge

Thanks Dave, really appreciate this. Will install the resistor. Regarding the 1uf electrolytic cap, I changed that one precisely. As you correctly mention: in mono, sound is coming out perfect, it is when receiving an fm station and the beacon is turned on, by the way, that 1uf electrolytic cap...
  12. musicgeorge

Hi all. Here again with another issue. I'm restoring a Fisher FM 100B, did the usual replacements, selenium rectifier changed for new silicon unit. Some caps and resistors as well. Here are my main two questions for you and problems: a) When tuning in a stereo signal, I get a weird noise, like...
  13. musicgeorge

Help!! Marantz 2325 restoration

Guys, very good news! Replaced H808 and H809 and the resistor R804, the diodes also. All is working good, many thanks for all your support and patience.
  14. musicgeorge

Perfect, will do, tomorrow I will get the parts I ordered and will start to install everything and double-check polarity etc. thanks!!!
  15. musicgeorge

Just installed the other jumper tsd71, thanks for the heads up. Already changed H803 and H804, still the same scenario guys, but here is the interesting part, was looking closely at the power board, R804 is toast!!!, just took a small wiggle and it broke apart, will replace and continue with...
  16. musicgeorge

Thanks runningdog, the scan helps very much!!!
  17. musicgeorge

Replaced H802 and everything is still the same, I'm going to order H803 and H804 and see if this solves the problem.
  18. musicgeorge

Fuse works runningdog, was one of the first things I checked, and checked it again now that you ask, and yes, confirmed, it works!
  19. musicgeorge

Relay engages without a problem, here are the measurements: J807 13.88 J806 0 J805 0 J804 0 J802 38.9 J801 38.9 J803 0 J809 0 J808 0 J810 0 J811 0 Can it be that I'm having issues with H802, H803 or H804? Wild guess on my part just looking at the schematics and considering that the relay...
  20. musicgeorge

Thanks jheu02. The problem is no volume at all, since I replaced the speaker relay.
  21. musicgeorge

And I'm still not getting 35v between J804 and J805 on the power board
  22. musicgeorge

So I tried your troubleshooting tips, got music from the ipad connected to the main in jacks but no music from the Marantz to my power amp via pre out, this to a pair of fisher 30A mono-blocks. No FM, no AM and radio worked without issues. What do you think?
  23. musicgeorge

Will do this and get back to you guys, thanks!!!
Back
Top Bottom