Search results

1. Steveomatic

Sony 2251 and/or 2250 owners thread

Hi! Reviving this old thread. Does anyone know of a replacement dust cover with correct hinges? Is there another Sony model that uses the same one, opening up my chances of locating a dust cover? Thank you.
  2. Steveomatic

KLH Model 17 Recap?

I know there is a well put together KLH recap thread. However, I have a question that is not part of that tutorial. I just acquired a set of KLH model 17 speakers that look new. They are in amazingly fantastic aesthetic shape. The tweeters do not work and the woofer sounds muddy. The caps look...
  3. Steveomatic

Rek-O-Kut N-33H

Please help! I have a rek-o-kut N-33H with the original tonearm and headshell. I cannot figure out the leads on the headshell. Please see the pic from the manual and also the pic from my DR500LC cart I am going to use. The color codes are different than the lead colors. Where does each one go...
  4. Steveomatic

Empire 598 tonearm issue.

Yes, the set screw is has been removed.
  5. Steveomatic

Empire 598 tonearm issue.

Hoping to see if anyone has experience with Empire 598 turntables. I have owned one before and was easily able to remove the tonearm. I needed to remove the tonearm of another one that I acquired but it was very difficult to remove. I had to pull and turn several times before I could get it out...
  6. Steveomatic

Wharfedale W60d Speakers

Any help appreciated. I have Wharfedale W60d speakers that I just aquired. One of them, both the mid and tweater is not working. Is this most likely the crossover? Also, how do I access them for removal? The cabinets are sand filled. I have no idea how to access them.
  7. Steveomatic

Sansui FR-360 Channel Out. Please Help!

Update:. When I switch my receiver to mono both channels work. I did this using two different cartridges and two receivers with the same results. So I guess this means it is not the cables? What else could be wrong?
  8. Steveomatic

Sansui FR-360 Channel Out. Please Help!

Hi, Looking for some help. I have NOS Sansui FR-3060 that I hooked up for the first time and the right channel is not working. I switched out the headshell and cartridge and still nothing. I also tried two different receivers. Could this be the cables? When I touch the cables while hooked up I...
  9. Steveomatic

Empire 589 cueing arm help.

Thanks for the info. I figured it out late last night. There is a small piece of rubber, about 1mm, that is supposed to be on the flat plate that interacts with the cueing bar. It is VERY common (based on my research) for this piece of rubber to fall off as years go by on the Empire TT's. I...
  10. Steveomatic

I fixed it. Thanks for all the great advise! LOL
  11. Steveomatic

I replaced the missing rubber peice that is glued to the flat plate under the tonearm. That definitely has helped, still not great. When the tone arm is by the first track of the album and the cue arem is engaged it is barely off the vinyl, if at all. When the tonearm is closer to the middle of...
  12. Steveomatic

Hi, In know that there are threads with this topic and I have read through the very helpful Empire turntable history thread. However, even though my problem has been addressed I still need help. The cueing arm on my Empire 589 is missing the rubber peice described that is glued to the flat...
  13. Steveomatic

Is something wrong with my Denon SR838?

I would say yes that is accurate. I am going to try switching with my Denon and see.
  14. Steveomatic

My current cart is a Super Induced Magnet with the output rated 2mv at 1.000hz, 50mm/sec.
  15. Steveomatic

It is a Nagatron 9600 (new old stock) Super Induced Magnet. The other MM I had on it seemed to have the same outcome.
  16. Steveomatic

Question, I have a Sansui SR838 that acquired a few months ago from the original owner. Visusally it appears to be in great shape. I have two other TT's and the Sansui does not seem to produce even close to the same amount power (not sure if that is the correct term). The volume is much lower...
  17. Steveomatic

Wharfedale w70d Oil Caps?

Hello? Looking fo some advise on recapping my Wharfedale w70d's. I read that I need to use oil caps. Does anyone know the exact cap I should look for (specs)? Thanks! Steve
  18. Steveomatic

Dual 1264 Steuerpiple location

Very good information. Thank you very much!
  19. Steveomatic

I really appreciate the help. Here is a picture for reference. Is it too long? If so, can I cut it down?
  20. Steveomatic

If it is too long can I simply cut it down? It appears to be in fine shape. Thank!
  21. Steveomatic

I think it is the original pimple. Also, I don't understand how it is too long? It fits on perfectly and does not extend out.
  22. Steveomatic

The parts in the manual that say to use the Shell product. I am wondering if there is an alternative that is typically easy to find locally.
  23. Steveomatic

Thanks! That worked. One last question. What is a good alternative to Shell Gaddus oil to use for lube that I might be able to find at home Depot or Autozone. Is Grease-A-Bearing comparable?
  24. Steveomatic

Hi, Can someone please point out to me where the Dual 1264 Steuerpimpel location is in these pictures? Mine fell off. Thank you for all your help! Steve.
  25. Steveomatic

Dual 1264 help needed

Thanks for the feedback. I plan on getting into this tomorrow to see if I can fix it.
Back
Top Bottom