Search results

1. J

Sugden A21a

Hi guys, I have this amp from sugden, the A21a. It started to make some “mechanical” sound. It’s a buzzing coming from the middle of the amp and I’m not hearing it in the speakers at all. I tryed to tighten the transformer nut, but didn’t changed much. Also, is there anyone here who...
  2. J

Quad 33

Hello guy and merry Christmas to all of you. I’ve recently recaped my quad 33/303 with a kit from “dada electronics”. The quad was working ok before and no hum whatsoever. But once the recap job done, I have a loud hum, but stable at any volume level, and on every input option. I know it’s not...
  3. J

Kef 105/4 intermittent

Hi guys, I’m the proud owner of a pair of 105/4 that I like very much. The only trouble is that one of them started to loose the sound intermittently from time to time. It’s not from the amp, as I tryed a bunch, and it’s present on all of them. The kef are stock. Let me know if one of you have...
  4. J

Kencraft

Hi guys, I have this sweet preamp, a kencraft gp-830. I know it’s a kit, but it’s really well made, so anyway I hook it up to my amplifier and when opening it up, it just make a small « pop » and then nothing. And I’m not sure but I think it make my amplifier relay clicked. If you have any...
  5. J

Yamaha ns-1000 tweeter blown

Hi guys, I recently bought a pair of ns-1000 on the cheap. Only thing, both tweeter are blown. I’ve put them to pieces and tested the coil, which were intact, and no continuity. Is there a way to do something with those, except, to throw them away and wait for another pair? thanks Fred
  6. J

Kenwood l05m

Hi guys, I’m having a bit of a problem with my mono. There’s some hum coming from one and if I try to adjust bias, I can’t get it down under .65mv. I did a full recap and nothing changed. I’m starting to think, it might be output transistor? I’m at a dead end here and need some help. thanks...
  7. J

Passive selector switch

Hi guy, I'm looking to make a selector switch box for my setup (no volume) and was wondering if it was possible to make it 4 in and 2 out? If yes let me know what kind of selector switch as Im having a bit of difficulty to find one, if it exist Thanks Fred
  8. J

Fisher 400 dead channel

Hi guys, ive had a Fisher 400 for quite some time now and never had any problems, until now. I was listening To some radios when suddenly my right chanel made some scratching noise and the tuning eye went berzerk (like it was searching for a station). Then no sound on the right side. I did a...
  9. J

New Eico hf-85

hi guys, just scored a pretty sweet Eico hf-85 with all Mullard tubes. I’m looking at a full recap job and was wondering, while being there, are there any mods I should do to help with the sound? I’m kind of a beginner here, so doing a recap I’m ok but more, I would need a bit more explications...
  10. J

Dynaco SCA-35 stock

Hi guys, turning to you once again for a little trouble under paradise. Got a pretty SCA in stock form. Power it on to see how it sounds. I have a big hum when on the phono tab, and pretty low volume on the special one ( turning all the way up to hear it just ok ). If you guys have any ideas...
  11. J

Left Chanel out, dynaco pas3

hi guys, Been working on recapping a dyna pas3. For now, I’ve changed the power supply and bypass the tone controls and the loudness tap. I’ve changed the multi selector switch,and kept the original volume and balance tap. Now when I power it up all tube light up ok but no sound is coming from...
  12. J

Lenco b55 tonearm trouble

Hi guys, First time with a lenco here. Just bought this beauty 2 days ago and been trying to put it in better shape .But been having quite a problem with the arm .I have a shure v15 on and even with the anti skate to 0, it still push the arm outward .now I looked at the spring and the wires...
  13. J

Dynaco ST35-EFB trouble

hi guys, I’ve updated my ST35 to Efb and since had trouble with the bias. The first time I started it, the bias skyrocket at the point it burned the 50ohm resistor. I went to read a bit and find out that new rca jack aren’t grounded to chassis, so I did but nothing changed. I talk with Dave and...
  14. J

Totally beginner magnavox 8608

Hi guys, I’ve recently acquired a magnavox 8608 from eBay. The amp was coming with a 50/50 uf can cap and 2 Russian PIO uninstal ( which I install when I received the amp ). After installing them the bass was kinda off and was told to change the bias. Now, I’m a total newb with tube amp ( I’ve...
  15. J

Sansui 9090 speakers pop

Hi guys, first time poster. I bought a 9090 in good shape, some fuse were burn, changed them and everything was kinda fine. Until I decided to adjust the bias, at speaker output it’s ok but when I went and checked f08, f09 explodes. Now I’m no expert in this and maybe I touch something I wasn’t...
Back
Top Bottom