Search results

1. B

Is DC Resistance important in woofers?

Hi, I'm trying to find a 12" to 15" 35 watt 8 ohm woofer. I'm coming across thing like DC Resistance and deferent size magnets. Is any of this important? What is a good number for the DC Resistance? Is a bigger magnet better? Thanks.
  2. B

Is there a sample way to stop a tear.

Thanks bolly, I'll give it a try.
  3. B

Is there a sample way to stop a tear.

Hi, Is there a sample way to stop a tear in a speaker from getting bigger and also fix it? Thanks.
  4. B

What are the ohms coming out of a radio.

Thanks for the reply and help everyone. RocknRoll, Yes, they are the original speakers. A 10" woofer and two 4" tweeters. There is a capacitor being used as a cross-over between the woofer and the tweeters. One of the old big waxy type. I replace it with a new one and the volume is better. I...
  5. B

What are the ohms coming out of a radio.

Hi, Thanks to the help from this web site i learned how to test the ohms of a speaker. Thanks for the help. I have an old tube radio that's in a cabinet. I'm not getting the volume out of the tube radio that i would like. The 10" speaker test around 6.8 to 7.5. 1) Is there a way to test the...
  6. B

wanted: 16 ohms 6"x 9" subwoofers.

Hi, I need two 16 ohm 6"x 9" subwoofers for my Zenith Hi Fi. I think there 35 or 55 watts. I can't read the write on the cabinet very good. Does anybody know where i can find them? The cheapest price i could find for repairing them was $49.00 ea. I my be able to get 16 ohm 6" round to work ok...
  7. B

How do you tell the ohm's of an old speaker

This is a picture of the big speaker.
  8. B

This is the best picture i could get.
  9. B

Sorry, I have the wireing wrong, Two wires go from the radiio to the big speaker. One wire go's from the big speaker to the capacitor. The other side of the capacitor go's to the small speaker post (half moon shape). Then the other speaker post wire go's to the other small speaker post ( cone...
  10. B

Hi, I put in a picture of the small speakers. Can you tell what kind tell are? One is kind of a small cone but not very deep and the other is like a half moon, also not very deep. There in very good condition. The capacitor say's on it Packard Bell #23040 1.0 MFD, 100 V.D.C. 446. It looks...
  11. B

The wires go from the radio to the big speaker first, then to one of the smaller ones. Then from the small speaker the wires jump to the other small speaker. The condenser is wired between the two small speakers. If i replace the two small speakers with two new type midrange and keep the old...
  12. B

The radio is a small tube type. The two small speakers sound like a transistor radio, i don't like the sound. I want to upgrade them. The big speaker has a nice deep sound, but it vibrates. My be a tear. Could be fix. 1. Can i use two new small speakers with the old big speaker? 2. If not...
  13. B

Thanks for all the support. I need to add a picture so you can see what i have going on. How do i add a picture? It's on my disktop and it say's "jpg". Thanks.
  14. B

Hi, I have a 1956 Packard Bell AM/FM w/ Record player floor stand radio. Model # 11RP2. The radio say's on the back V 110-120 AC, Cycles:60, Watts:80. That's all it says. I want to put in a replacement speaker, but i din't know the ohm's of the speaker. Does anybody know what the ohm's and watts...
  15. B

What's a good tube radio Tester brand.

Hi, What is a good tube radio - Tester Brand name. I'm new to tube radio's and want to get a tube tester. I just payed $180 to find out i had two bad tubes and to have them replaced. The tester wouldn't be use much, so i would like to keep the price down. But i don't know what is a good brand...
  16. B

Is German Radio's UKW or KW same as FM.

Thanks for the help Sandy G.
  17. B

Is German Radio's UKW or KW same as FM.

Hi, Is a German Radio's UKW or KW the same as FM? If so, would a German Radio that was in the USA and set at UKW or KW 90.5 be the same radio stations as 90.5 FM US radio station? This is not a High School trick question. I really don't know. Thanks.
  18. B

I'm having problem with the web site.

Thanks JoZmo, I'll send my user name to the email addresss and when i get a reply i'll delete the cookies. Thanks.
  19. B

Looking for tube radio repair person.

Hi Terry, The radio is a German Korting Delmonico model # 1047 table top radio. When you turn the volume knob the sound cuts on and off. And the bass knob is hard to turn. I want to change the Tape plug in the back to RCA plugs so i can use a CD player and change the additional speaker plug on...
  20. B

I'm having problem with the web site.

Does anybody know why I'm get this at the top of the web page. And when i get email replys from this web site i can't click on the email short cut to get to the reply. Thanks. Warning: stat failed for /proc/loadavg (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/www/audiokarma/forums/global.php on...
  21. B

Looking for tube radio repair person.

Does anybody know a tube radio repair person in California or some where around the west coast. If not then any place in the U.S. Thanks.
  22. B

Grundig 2066PX - What does pu mean.

Thanks Tom, I have seen one that says tape, but has the small holes. I'll check that one out. If i can't find an adapter, i don't see why you can't change them to RCA plugs. Thanks.
  23. B

Grundig 2066PX - What does pu mean.

Hi, On a Grundig model number 2066PX there are to small input holes. One has a arrow next to it and the other has a circle with a line starting from the center of the circle out and it says PU above the holes. The radio also has a PU button on the front that you can turn on or off. What are...
  24. B

Can old FM be change to New FM.

Hi Tom, Did your Zenith come with old and new FM or did you add the new FM? Why i ask is if some of the Zenith's come that way I'll look for them. And if you did it yourself, was it hard to do? Thanks.
  25. B

Can old FM be change to New FM.

Can old FM be change to New FM. Thanks everyone for all your help. I now know about old FM and new FM. I going to pass on buying the radio. I'm going to look for a floor standing radio that has the new FM or has been converted to new FM. If anyone has one for sale let me know. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom