Search results

1. 50 Green

Thorens TD165 Manual?

Does anyone have a copy of the Thorens TD165 service manual? Vinyl Engine lists a copy but registration is currently cut off. I'm registered on Hifi Engine and hoped the same login might work but no luck. Haven't found it anywhere else, so far. If anyone has a PDF copy they could get to me...
  2. 50 Green

Bias Wandering

Working on a Sony STR-7055. After warmup, bias on one channel sets fairly easily and holds pretty stable. The other channel either overshoots or undershoots the specified 50mv - seems impossible to hit it right on - and the setting continues to wander, no matter where it's set. I changed out...
  3. 50 Green

STR-7055 'Lytic on Tuning Cap Board - Change or Leave It Alone?

I've recapped my Sony STR-7055, including the tuner section, but there's one cap I can't decide whether to change. It's a 1uF electrolytic (grey Elna) that's on the small board attached to the variable capacitor. I'm hesitant to change it because of several issues. I'll have to remove the...
  4. 50 Green

Styrene / 'Lytic Caps Glued Together

I'm replacing the electrolytic caps in the tuner section of my receiver (Sony STR-7055) and discovered that one of the electrolytics is glued to the styrene cap next to it. None of the other electrolytic caps are glued, so I'm guessing the glue might be there for the styrene cap. Is there some...
  5. 50 Green

Emitter Resistors, Please Help a Noob Understand!

The emitter resistor leads on my Sony STR-7055 are corroded. I tried cleaning them off in place, but that didn't work. My next thought was to pull them, clean the leads, and flow some solder over the leads to prevent further corrosion... but if I pull them, plate resistors are cheap, so I...
  6. 50 Green

Filter Caps: Capacitance vs Temp Rating

The filter caps in my receiver (Sony STR-7055) are below spec. and I'd like to replace them. (They're 4700 uF caps that read ~ 3200 / 3300 uF respectively.) From everything I've read here (and elsewhere) I need to replace with the same capacitance or higher, with low ESR and high ripple current...
  7. 50 Green

Setting DC Offset, Sony STR-7055

Thank you again to everyone whose posts I've learned from so far. As I mentioned in my intro thread, thanks to EchoWars' thread on the subject, I've discovered I need to adjust my receiver's DC offset. (Right channel reads 105 mV, left is at 95 mV.) As background, I've had the receiver (Sony...
  8. 50 Green

LA LA Land Lurker, here!

I need to start off by saying a huge thank you to the members of this forum. I mined many threads in the process of restoring (actually modifying) my speakers. Moving on now to do some work on my receiver, I've again studied many posts but realize I need to confirm what I think to be correct...
Back
Top Bottom