Search results

1. J

MX100 & Samsung Q90 tv

Hello Everyone I have a mx 135 using toslink from the A90 Samsung. This tv is about 3 years old. and has been doing great with the MX135. Today I replaced the mx135 with a mx100, but the audio from the tv cut out or has breaks in it. happens on anything come out of the arc or digital toslink...
  2. J

Mac MC152 Amp

Hello everyone, Would like to get your opinion on the Mcintosh amp MC152. I have currently a Mcintosh MC7106 100 watt amp at 8 ohmns and it is enough power for now, but it has a problem with a hum that I have had in the shop for repair and the only think they think it is is the transformer...
  3. J

McIntosh MC7106 Question

I have purchase 2 mc7106 amps. 1 is dead quite just the way I like it. The other with no input or speakers cables connected has a transformer hum. I do not know if it is coming through the speaker or not as I am waiting on cables to get here. Now you do have to be down with the amp to hear...
  4. J

Stands for MacIntosh amps

I have this stand for my stereo stuff with 50 lbs. limit on shelf weight. Should I or should I Not put a McIntosh MC7106 which is 52 lbs. I am thinking probably not they are glass...
  5. J

Mcintosh MC7106 Amp

I have seen a few of these amp up for sale lately...I thing they would be a great surround sound amp and maybe a good front speaker amp..but have no experience with them. I know mac make better amps but what do you of these for surround sound and center channel. Thanks for your thoughs Jerry
  6. J

Yamaha cx-a5100 vs. mcintosh mx135 processor

Hi I have never used McIntosh gear but know of it's quality. I have been using Yamaha stuff and for the last 20 or so years, I have been using a Yamaha DSP-A1, even though for music I preferred the sound of a Pioneer SX828. I am just curious as I am look to upgrade my stereo and home theater...
  7. J

Yamaha RX-Z9

Just got this today and have open it up to see if I can find out why the front door won't stay close. So not found anything that stands out. anybody have any problems with the door not stay closed. Thanks Jerry
  8. J

Yamaha MX1000

I now have purchased 2 of these unit and trying to figured how much power will be needed to supply them. At moderate power maybe 90 db listing level. Power rating usage on back of amp states 1100 Watts and I am sure that is max power at 2 ohms or so. I am hoping that both of them together will...
  9. J

McIntosh Pre Amp vs. Home Theater Unit

I have never heard a McIntosh pre amp or a Home Theater unit, so I have to ask. I have a home theater and was think of moving up to McIntosh MX151. How good a unit is this and how good is it for 2 channel listening......However, the problem with all modern processors there is no tape loops for...
  10. J

Yamaha and HT Bypass mode

Does Yamaha product a pre amp that has HT Bypass mode....Who makes one with HT Mode for 2 channel listen? Thanks Jerry
  11. J

MX-1000u vs MX-A5000

Can anyone tell me the difference in sound quality between the MX-1000u and the MX-A5000. I know the MX 1000 has lots more power than the 5000 and 5000 has more channels and is a home theater amp. What I would like to know, which sounds best for 2 channel listen. I have 2 different kinds of...
  12. J

Need Your opinion on a Yamaha amp

I have been looking to upgrade my system with some external power amps. Current I have a Yamaha DSP-A1 and for now using it as a pre, also planning to upgrade it to maybe cx-a5100 Pre. Anyway back to the question about the power amps. I have been looking at the Yamaha m45, m60, m65, m80, m85...
Back
Top Bottom