Search results

1. Gheugi89

Grundig Majestic 2028U-Restoration

The resistor is R37 on the schematic....will do!
  2. Gheugi89

Here's a pic of the power resistor.
  3. Gheugi89

The schematic calls out for a 1.3k 3W power resistor but I replaced it with a standard 1.5k 10W resistor.
  4. Gheugi89

The full-wave rectifier I'm using comes in an IC chip rated for 600V 1A...would it make any difference if I make one using 1N4007 diodes? As far as I'm concern, the new JJ 50uF+50uF rated at 500VDC is installed correctly per the schematic drawing, but I'll double check to make sure I do have the...
  5. Gheugi89

I replaced the electrolytic caps and the 2.7k resistor that had burnt out, but I still can't listen to any radio station on either AM or FM. I can hardly hear a faint station on the BC band but nothing more. I did clean all tube sockets and tubes with some Deoxit cleaner, but no luck! Not to...
  6. Gheugi89

Awesome, thanks!
  7. Gheugi89

Thanks sgmlaw for the information. I did replace all the paper caps but I missed two electrolytic caps C35 and C52.....so I'll replace those as well. I did clean the switches, tone controls, and volume knob with Deoxit contact cleaner. I haven't done a voltage check out with tubes pulled out but...
  8. Gheugi89

The only electrolytic cap I replaced was the 50uF+50uF filter cap. I guess I overlooked any other electrolytic cap and only replaced the coupling ones. After carefully reviewing the schematic, it seems I missed the C35 and C52 caps. Would this be the cause of my issue? By the way, sorry for not...
  9. Gheugi89

Quick update: I finally replaced all the coupling capacitors, power resistor, filter caps, and rectifier (silicon 1N4007) successfully. I also was able to find a perfect replacement power transformer that I salvaged from another Grundig tube radio (Model: 2520). However, after replacing all...
  10. Gheugi89

Folks, here are a few more pics of the cabinet and radio. I haven't worked on the cabinet yet until I'm done with all the electrical work first. I'll keep ya posted of the progress as I go along with it.
  11. Gheugi89

Hey just dave, I will post some pics of the outside soon. Thanks for your interest.
  12. Gheugi89

Great! Sounds good....just let me know.
  13. Gheugi89

I only had to replace the EM84 "Magic Eye" tube and the EL84 output tube.....everything else seemed to be fine.
  14. Gheugi89

I hope so, wish me luck!
  15. Gheugi89

Ok, well I'll keep looking around then. In the meantime, I'll keep replacing the coupling caps and tubes. Thanks!
  16. Gheugi89

Thank you, toxcrusadr for the information! I really appreciate your feedback....I'll check the links you have provided and hopefully I'm able to find what I'm looking for.
  17. Gheugi89

I found a list of some Hammond transformers that provide more current for the filaments, but now my question is: How can I determine how much AC voltage I need to supply 250VDC for plates after the rectification? From the list, which Part Number you think would serve my purpose better? Here's...
  18. Gheugi89

Ok, well I guess I still need to look around for another transformer that can supply me more current. Thanks for your help!
  19. Gheugi89

Ok, how much more current do you think I need? Quick note: two pilot lamps are also connected in parallel with the heaters too.
  20. Gheugi89

Well the schematic shows 272V coming out of the bridge rectifier so would I need higher voltage from the transformer or am I under?
  21. Gheugi89

So I found a used TRIAD vintage transformer on Ebay for $60 with the following voltages; PRI: 115VAC, SEC HV: 230VAC @ 40mA, and FIL: 6.3VAC @ 1.5A. Would this be enough to power my radio?
  22. Gheugi89

Great! That sounds about right...would any new power transformer such as a TRIAD or Hammond be more efficient?
  23. Gheugi89

My plan is to try and find another transformer, but I'm having trouble trying to reverse engineer the power transformer since I don't have much information about it. I already purchased all the coupling caps, new filter cap, and full bridge rectifier. I appreciate your interest in my thread...im...
  24. Gheugi89

Good point....I'll see if I can find parts on Ebay. If you know any other place where I can look for vintage parts, please let me know! Thank you for your feedback!
  25. Gheugi89

Pio1980 that would be the ideal solution if I'm able to find one similar to the one I own. I'll shop around hoping to find one. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom