Search results

1. MuZak

Kenwood KA-7100 KT-7500 parts unit anyone?

By any chance does anyone still have these available? I need a case cover for a KT-7500.... Thanks!
  2. MuZak

BIC Venturi Formula 4 recap and restoration

After looking a bit more carefully at the various diagrams as well as the actual crossovers.. and scratching my head a good bit... I don't think it could be a series crossover.... Unless maybe if the diagram were layed out as for a series crossover, it might make more sense. A series crossover...
  3. MuZak

BIC Venturi Formula 4 recap and restoration

Could it be a series crossover??? :eek:
  4. MuZak

Any in South Florida??

Welp... just as always.. lots interested but nobody wants to organize....... Let me then suggest a few things. How about we break the ice and get the ball rolling by discussing what would we do at a meet? Get a room? bring equipment? ....just meet to talk at a resturant/bar/lounge/cigar-lounge...
  5. MuZak

Scott 350 FM Tuner

Hi Arts.... thanks so much for the tips! I will certainly avoid the RF/IF?MPX transformers while cleaning.. Might be a bit difficult though.. I've heard that using talcum powder on them to loosen them up is the only way to go... but I'll leave that to whoever aligns it.... ;) I had already...
  6. MuZak

Scott 350 FM Tuner

Well... I pulled the bottom cover off... Curiosity or something got the better of me..... wanting to start digging in to it maybe.. The bad news is... there's cap goo all over dam near everything...... While hardly shocking..... er... good thing I didn't put the power to it.. I had a gut feeling...
  7. MuZak

Scott 350 FM Tuner

That would do it! A pic to show what was described above would sure help too...
  8. MuZak

Scott 350 FM Tuner

Very very helpful, this thead! Worth the bump... for anyone with a Scott 350. I just acquired one.. after casually wanting one for decades.... 350 no letter suffix. While I don't see a 6AV6 tube, neither do I see "the extra unit at the back with the 6AV6 tube" I haven't yet removed the bottom...
  9. MuZak

Any in South Florida??

OP is still interested... I'm near you guys... Vicinity of Gateway and Lawrence in Boynton.. Glad to see the interest in vintage, tube, and DIY.. Also glad to hear of the interest in "affordable"... Mostly DIY-ing at this point.. Pretty much building a system from scratch, since the old...
  10. MuZak

What Tool for Arm Bearing Adjustment???

THAT's the ticket!!! Thanks ever so much!! I take it, slip a normal flat-head screwdriver past it to fix the conical screw , while tightening the collar? What about your technique, while we're at it... :biggrin:
  11. MuZak

A dial indicator? I don't understand.... I just meant... what to use to not mar the locking collar, yet holding the screw at correct adjustment.. Would you mind explaining though? Sounds like your's might lead to a more precise adjustment... Thanks for the reply BTW!
  12. MuZak

Howdy.. What kind of tool is best for adjusting the vertical movement bearings (and locking "collar") in the type of bearing (conical) in the attached picture?? (A source would also be helpful ;-) TIA! Greg
  13. MuZak

Looking for Central Florida members.

Stillll need someone to organize it! You like fishing for Jeeps???
  14. MuZak

I would too! Still waiting for someone to tell me where and when.... ;)
  15. MuZak

I'm still totally down for it! I just can't put in the time to organize it right now...
  16. MuZak

I could do that for a beer too! (in good company ......and audio) Ok, raise your hand if you want to be the leader! Lol... Maybe we could get a room or something like that, somewhere in between all of us.... and everyone bring a favorite piece of gear... Maybe something you just built or...
  17. MuZak

I'm here... you're there... everyone is somewhere.... :biggrin: So are we ever gonna organize something???
  18. MuZak

Gray - MicroTrak 303 How to disassemble? Help plz!

Sonus! Never would've thought of those... Interesting.. I'm not actually going to use it for the current build... That is set in stone by now... just taking care of last min things... Well, haven't really done much on it lately... can't find my dam wire wheel.... for the (already stripped) top...
  19. MuZak

Hey, I know you! :D So, like which right cartridges??? I always wanted to put one of them on an XA! Always figured they'd be a good match... Definitely aesthetically, probably sonically... That one... as always Steve... is absolutely gorgeous..... Can we see a few more angles of it...
  20. MuZak

*** UPDATE *** First off, let me say THANK YOU to Remon! That info is VERY helpful!!! I first need to know what is supposed to happen... in order to make it happen... IE: that something is supposed to come off, and in which direction.. So the update: Last night, (before finding these replies...
  21. MuZak

Been trying that.... but it won't even budge.. Pretty sure the ample gunk has turned to concrete/glue... I finally broke down yesterday out of desperation, and tried some WD-40.. Shot it in where the headshell meets the wood..... left it overnight... so far, no change..
  22. MuZak

Hi Eric... Thanks... I am not able to access VE for a long time now.... possibly a domain ban on my ISP? Not sure it would have that information anyway... But if you get the chance later on, I'd be most greatful!!! Thanks again! Greg
  23. MuZak

Nobody, huh... :((
  24. MuZak

Japanese Tonearm Ball Bearing size???

Thanks for all the great replies!!! Ok, so I was hoping someone would just know..... a shortcut.. :D But since evidently nobody does... I took the above suggestions..... ordered a digital caliper..... but this one cost $9.95... (lol)... and I chose that one cuz its shipped from California!! So...
  25. MuZak

Japanese Tonearm Ball Bearing size???

That's mah plan..... but hoping for an answer before I get to that, and it actually arrives from the orient.. (also wondered about the quality tho)
Back
Top Bottom