Search results

1. MuZak

What Tool for Arm Bearing Adjustment???

Howdy.. What kind of tool is best for adjusting the vertical movement bearings (and locking "collar") in the type of bearing (conical) in the attached picture?? (A source would also be helpful ;-) TIA! Greg
  2. MuZak

Japanese Tonearm Ball Bearing size???

I fully realize there are likely many sizes... But I've been beginning to wonder lately, if many arms didn't use one size ball bearing in the horizontal bearing assembly... From disassembling several, it's starting to look that way. I haven't measured any of them... don't have measuring tools...
  3. MuZak

Gray - MicroTrak 303 How to disassemble? Help plz!

Hi... I just got hold of one, after wanting one for ages... Its pretty rough.. needs complete disassemble then servicing.. How to remove the "headshell"? It DOES come off, no?? Its good and stuck on... and I obviously don't want to stress the wood to much by wrestling with it... Looks like...
  4. MuZak

How To Clean Anodized Aluminum Plz!

Hi.... wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes.... It's often been an issue... how to clean without damaging.. Older equipment usually, but also applies to new, like in my current case. New enclosure from China... gunk from manufacturing and storing... Gave it a wash in the...
  5. MuZak

Any in South Florida??

Hope so!
  6. MuZak

Antenna/System Grounding Help Plz..

Hi.. First off, I've spent hours searching and reading threads, and while I've learned a few things, I haven't found the info I'm seeking, so I'm going to ask it by starting a fresh thread. --------------- end of flame avoidance disclaimer --------- My main system includes an FM tuner...
  7. MuZak

System Grounding Help Plz..

Hi.. First off, I've spent hours searching and reading threads, and while I've learned a few things (not relevant however), I haven't found the info I'm seeking, so I'm going to ask it by starting a fresh thread. Also, I thought this might be best suited to the tuners thread, but...
  8. MuZak

Just scored a 170DC! What to do??

Hi.. I just scored a 170-dc in decent condition! Filthy but otherwise ok, for 25 bux. WooHoo!!! I so rarely have luck like this. Guy says it works too.. I'll see tomorrow. Other than sharing my joy... (This is my first Marantz, tho I've lusted since a kid) I posted to ask what I...
  9. MuZak

Cable capacitance measurement.. how to?

Hi.. How do you measure the capacitance of a phono cable?? The cable itself that is.. I've heard of putting a resistor across positive and negative? Anyone have any idea?? Thanks!
  10. MuZak

Fuse value for 3-watt Hurst motor???

Fuse value for 3-watt Hurst motor? (Custom table... PIX!) Hi, Can anyone help recommend a fuse value for a 3 watt Hurst (3001-001) motor? 120 volts.. Thanks in advance!! (This is for a custom/modified AR-XA based table) Greg
  11. MuZak

Major distortion.. plz help!!

Hello... I've just set up an arm I've never used before with a cart I used for several years back in the 70s, but stopped due to a busted stylus and probably fatigue with it. I just replaced the stylus with a factory replacement hoping the cart is still good, which it was when last used...
  12. MuZak

Source for 7" metal reels??

Does anybody happen to know of a source for seven inch metal R2R reals?? Preferably new or at least in good condition. Preferably cheap. :smoke: I know I know... thats asking a lot. How 'bout the first 2? Available and in good condition?? Any 2 of 3? Info appreciated. Thanks...
  13. MuZak

Dyna 410 *KIT* (unbuilt) ...advice plz!

Hi.. I have an unbuilt Dynaco 410 kit and need some advice on what to do with it... Its a partially complete kit, about 90%. It was bought by me when SoundValues was starting to run out of parts and they briefly offered the partially complete kit. Bought it thinking one day I'd build...
  14. MuZak

ST-70 Blue flash at TurnOn?? Hlp plz!

Hi all... Turned on the 70 yesterday, and about 30-40 secs in, there was a blue flash and a pop thru the spkrs.. well more like a "POfffT" than pop. After that, it seemed fine, by the looks of it anyway. I hesitated for a moment, wondering if it was a passing phenomena and since nothing...
  15. MuZak

My new antenna project... (yet another ant thread)

Hey all... I'm beginning an antenna project, after much research. I'll share it because it may be useful for some, and I'll begin with describing my circumstances, which are likely fairly typical and are the reason for doing it. I live in a ground floor condo apartment with no...
  16. MuZak

ST-70, "Vintage Electron" board.. Input neg connect to where?

Hey there... Does anyone happen to have experience with the Vintage Electron replacement/replica board for the Dynaco ST-70? I need to know where to connect the negative from the input RCA jacks to the board. I would replicate how the original is, but the problem is that the maker...
  17. MuZak

Dyna ST-70.. V3/V6 to where ORIG board???

Hi folks... This is the LAST step to completing a total rebuild! Plz help! My question is: The twisted pairs from V3 and V6 pins 2 and 7... To which eyelets on PCB? (I color coded them by twisting red/green) Eyelets 4&5 and 15&16... that much I know, but which pin to which eyelet? I...
  18. MuZak

Changing Variable "L-pad" to Fixed Lpad... how to measure???

Hi... I have speakers with variable Lpads on mids and tweets. There's only one setting I use, and I want to convert to a fixed (resistor) ie: "real" Lpad. (for rather obvious reasons) What I'd like to determine, is how to measure the variable to determine equivalent resistor value...
Back
Top Bottom