Search results

1. M

Sansui AU-2900 crackling on right channel

Ops... Bad news... Basically because you should not make delicate operations at midnight, after a hard day of work.... I substituted, by mistake, TR07 and TR08, so the 2SA726 with the KSC1815 instead of KSA992. I would be able to procure some of both types just in case they would be needed...
  2. M

I will check, thanks! I was close to try to swap components from right to left channel to see what happens, but if I can avoid to touch too much the electronics with my soldier it would be a benefit for my ampli! And this leads to another question. I will likely change the kind of transistor...
  3. M

Well.. that would be my next question. I see that it is not easy to found an original part for those transistors. I also have read around that there are some discussion about what kind of replacement is the best. Currently candidates for the 2SA726 are the one suggested by you, (or Ksa992fta...
  4. M

New chapter of my story. My Sansui restarted to be noisy on left channel. First of all... I know i wrote right some month ago but... I wrote wrong. I get the chance to try to isolate the problem. I cut the connection on point 03 (with respect to the schematics) of the F-2556 PCB, isolating the...
  5. M

Hi Jim.. no, i turn off the ampliyer, not only spakers. On my amp, first position of the speaker knob is "off", thena I have "A" speakers, then "speaker off" then "B" and finally "A+B". If I turn the knob on "off"position i can still hear sound for some seconds. From my understanding, it is...
  6. M

Update... I followed the link from jim249. So I detached the brown wire on F-2556 board to detach preamp from power amp. I keep listening and listening for minutes... and nothing. So... I was going to think to replace the tiny transistor on preamp section but I decided before to try the reverse...
  7. M

Wow guys.... thanks! Hope to be able this evening to do some tests.... If not i would have to wait 'til the weekend! But I'll let you know
  8. M

Hi, as suggested by the title, I have some problems with a SANSUI AU2900. I saw it for a ridiculous price on a flea marked and I bought it. It was not in good shape (lots of dirt, clearly not turned on for years). So i did the only thing seemed reasonable. I dismount completely the chassis and...
  9. M

Greetings from Italy

Hi, I'm new both with this forum and with vintage amplifyer repair. My name is Marco, I have a general passion for vintage stuff (cameras, motors, gadget and yes, audio) expecially from '70 to '80s. I'd like to go more deep into vintage audio restoration, and I found this fantastic forum.
Back
Top Bottom