Search results

1. B

Reisong A10 unboxing and thoughts

Hello, How much was shipping to USA when you buy from china hifi? Thanks
  2. B

Waamamps 45 / 2a3 information

It looks like a copy of the Jelabs simple 2a3/45... take good pictures of the inside and lots of knowledgeable folks here will be able to help.
  3. B

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Hi Al, What tube compliment are you using with the greenbeast? Whats a good input tube to use? thanks
  4. B

Magnavox Flea Power: Getting More Out Of The 8600 Series - A Lot More!

Here are some pics of my build
  5. B

Magnavox Flea Power: Getting More Out Of The 8600 Series - A Lot More!

Hello Guys, Im almost done with my DGSE1 but I have a few questions regarding the value of the feedback parts... The 300pf caps i have are 5% tolerance silver mica and measures 350pf .The 10k are also 5% and measures about 9.87k... Are the values way off and do I need exact values? Thank you
  6. B

Single Ended KT88 ?

Hello Primo, Is it possible if you can point me to the schematic of kegger with 6sl7 and kt88? I tried looking but cant find it on his thread. I also hope it has a power supply included. Thank you
  7. B

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

hi guys, this will be my first build and will be using the standard version with kd trap box with the dayton dc300 and d220ti drivers. this will be for hifi use. guys, i need your help on the following 1. how big the port should be and where to locate it? 3. they say have the woofer and...
  8. B

Any interest in a Chicago area club?

Im in vernon hills and will be interested in a meet up as well.
  9. B

Fisher's Original Bad Boy: The 50A Power Amplifier

Some pictures of the bad boys
  10. B

Fisher's Original Bad Boy: The 50A Power Amplifier

Hello everyone, I would like to give my impressions of the 50a/59az that Dave has restored and fully modified for me. First, I would like to thank Dave for the great job he did and for his expertise. Workmanship that is first rate. I've not heard these amps before in their original state as...
  11. B

Kegger KT88 UL PSE?

Great progress... cant wait to see the finished product. By the way, does this amp need an active preamp or a passive vol control will do? Great Job
  12. B

Kegger KT88 UL PSE?

Hi, Any progress on the build?
  13. B

PILOT SA 232 WITH 6L6 AS OUTPUTS

Hello everyone, I really do appreciate all the inputs. So far i have not decided yet on what to build. I will have to research some more on the circuits. Im leaning towars the eico st70 and the mullard 520. Thank you all
  14. B

Hello, I wish everyone a joyous thanksgiving and would like to thank everyone as well. I guess i have to junk this build and look for a suitable project. Besides the mullard 5-20 that gadget 73 had suggested can you guys please help me choose my next project build. I know there are lots of...
  15. B

hi Jd, Good luck with your build. Hoping to get more inputs before proceeding with the build. Looking to see if my operating points for the 12ax7 drivers are correct and will be able to drive the outputs properly.
  16. B

Hello everyone, I'm pondering on building me push pull amp with 6l6gc as the outputs and using the pilot sa 232 topology as the gain and driver stage. Is this doable or just scratch it? I've drawn up a mock up schematic and please feel free to correct and criticize. I would greatly appreciate...
  17. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Hi Battradio, You know what, I like how it sounds without the 100pf cap on the 12ax7. It sounds more alive and dynamic. It doesn't sound rough nor dirty at all. It still sounds smooth. I like it. Is there any detrimental effects leaving this cap off the circuit? Regards,
  18. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Hello, Moved the 100pf cap to pin 1 of 12ax7 and it sounds more alive compared to when connected to pin 6. On pin 6, it sounds like the mid is and highs are a bit dark or dull sounding. On pin 1 its more alive, airy and dynamic. Also tried without the cap on pin 1 or pin 6, the sound is more...
  19. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Hi Mike, I have completed the rework. And i am shocked as to how good these amps sounds. They are wonderful. Very musical and engaging amps. They are keepers for sure. I prefer the higher screen voltage as well. Tried the lower screen voltage and it wasn't musical at all. I'll try to move the...
  20. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Hi Mike, I have a few more questions 1. Which pin of the 12ax7 do you connect the 100pf caps? On pin 1 or pin 6? What does this cap do? 2. Have you tried the lower screen voltage and if so how does it compare to the higher screen voltage. Please correct me if im wrong, the higher screen...
  21. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Also the tubes i have on hand to use are 6l6gc and kt66
  22. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Hi Mike, Thank you for the input. When i get back home later, i will change the 200ohm on cathodes to 250 ohms. My operating points will be about 380v on plate, 370v on screen with 250ohm cathode resistor. I'll see if i have any suitable chokes to use for the power supply. Do you use a...
  23. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Hi battradio, I appreciate your response. Just to clarify, your screen voltage for the output tubes is at 370v instead of 320v and used 250ohm cathode resistor. Have you tried biasing using the 200 ohm for the cathodes with 370v on screen? Im asking because the schematic says to use 200 ohm...
  24. B

Baldwin Amp Quesrtions

Hi guys, Hopefully we could resurrect this thread. I have the same amp and have identical pedal output trans. Now my question is, which does sound better based on the schematic drawn by secret4mula. Im leaning towards building the the one biased higher for more power. But which one sounds...
Back
Top Bottom