Search results

1. R

Stanton 881S new stylus v/s Nagaoka MP-110

Oh ok! Do you think the EVG are of a lower quality than the pfanstiehl?
  2. R

P-mount Pickering quality?

Oh ok! I’m still new to VOM and didn’t realize the difference. Do you think the EVG is of a lower quality?
  3. R

The link you just posted has them both listed as available. The out of stock one is the 4822-DEE-P.
  4. R

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but VOM has the 4822-DEE in stock right now, which would be a great option. Has a recommended tracking for if 3/4-1.5 grams (+1g if you use the brush) just like the original stylus. I’ve been using it on my 981-HZS and it’s pretty great.
  5. R

What to Do With Denon DP47F

If you give up on fixing it, I will make you an offer! I wouldn’t want to see that table go to waste. EDIT: just finished reading the thread. Glad you got it fixed! I may need to try those feet on my 62l
  6. R

P-mount Pickering quality?

As a big Stanton/Pickering fan I checked out the recommendations for the 4822-DEE from VOM, as it sounded familiar. Turns out, I bought about 5 of them about a year ago on eBay at the recommendation of needlestein for a fraction of what the price is now. I’m glad I did! I can attest, they work...
  7. R

What empire cart is this?

Thanks for the info! This helps so much! And I feel that it will also be good for the community (hopefully).
  8. R

What empire cart is this?

hey fellow AK’ers! I recently picked up another table at a thrift shop, and it came with an empire cart. The cart says “empire 1000 e/x” on the bottom. I know nothing about empire carts, but from the research I’ve done since getting the table, empire made a 1000 te/x and 1000 ze/x, but I haven’t...
  9. R

Are these caps leaking?

Thanks guys! I was over hear having a little mini-meltdown (I live an hour and a half drive from the nearest city with people I would trust to fix this kind of thing). @jmchrislip I agree! I'm now saving up to get a cart like yours. I'm stuck in the world of MM and am really interested in...
  10. R

Are these caps leaking?

Hey guys, I don't know much about electronics, but I was cleaning the pots out with deoxit on one of my amps when I noticed this stuff:IMG_3723 by Recognizer posted May 6, 2018 at 10:58 AMCaps 2 by Recognizer posted May 6, 2018 at 10:58 AM Are these leaking caps? Or is it just some sort of glue...
  11. Caps 2

Caps 2

12. IMG_3723

IMG_3723

13. R

Holy Grail Turntables

Yamaha GT2000, Denon DP-100M
  14. R

17,000 albums

I think at that point it can be called hoarding and not collecting.
  15. R

Shure M91ED Stylus

Denon DP-62L. And I have both the straight arm (lighter) and s-arm (heavier)
  16. R

Shure Cart ID

Do you have the straight arm, s-arm, or both? That will be a factor in which cart will work best.
  17. R

Shure M91ED Stylus

1) don’t we all wish there were more availability for quality aftermarket styli for the Stanton’s! I don’t understand why no one seems to be making any. 2) I recently acquired an M93E (came on a turntable I bought) and have been wondering if the styli were interchangeable with the n91ed. They...
  18. R

Young new members

29 years old here. I've been buying records since I was about 18 here and there. When I started I was looking for old Rush, Weather Report, and Black Sabbath. I didn't do anything with them for about 9 years, and a little under a year ago I befriended a guy with a HUGE record collection who...
  19. R

Denon DP-45F and Family Turntables

I read the same thing about Sony in a thread just the other day. Can’t remember what forum it was on though.
  20. R

can i change the cardridge on an auna tt play turntable?

$99 is pretty cheap for a new turntable. Audio Technica sells a $99 table and you can’t change the cartridge on that either. Why spend more money on this one before you buy a better one? Just buy a better one and save the money. This one obviously isn’t made to be modified.
  21. R

AUSTIN & SURROUNDING AREA - AUDIOPHILES

Anyone know of a reputable shop or person that would be able to recap my Denon DP-62L? I live about equidistant from San Antonio and Austin. Thanks!
  22. R

Cart alignment questions-with macro pics.

That’s what I meant. Thanks for that clarification. Also, sorry for the thread hijacking!
  23. R

So I'm guessing the vertical cross section of the 3d shape in that picture is the conical shape? Or as we say in geology, the cross section taken about the a-b plane?
  24. R

Gotcha! I was under the impression that conical and spherical were interchangeable terms. I stand corrected.
  25. R

Now, I’m pretty new to the vinyl scene, but my understanding was that conical styli are shaped like a half of a sphere, and if that’s the case then wouldn’t the geometric profile remain unchanged when rotated? Or is it more accurate to say that a cross section of a conical tip taken...
Back
Top Bottom