Search results

1. C

Favorite Graphic Equalizer with Spectrum Analyzer?

Every time I see a GR-777 for sale 1 or more buttons seem to have fallen off. Makes me wonder about the build quality :-)
  2. C

Speaker Recommendations for 2 setups- Budget $300 Per Pair New or Used

Thanks for all the advice. Yesterday morning I found a huge set of Pioneer Speakers in Goodwill close to my house. I snapped them up quick without reading any online comments. The model is Pioneer CS-J825Q which have been described elsewhere as rubbish rack stuff from the 1980s ;-) These I...
  3. C

Thanks for the recommendations. Alas I would be pretty bad at woodwork. The Wild Burro Audio stuff seems like a fun idea, but probably beyond my abilities. Yes. Colohiker I get where you are coming from, speakers sound different to everyone than listens to them. It's a tough job. At the...
  4. C

Fantastic. I have to say I do love my Technics SH-8046. Very bright display, and very interesting technology indeed. yet to see an SH-8066 pop up for sale online. Perhaps not consumer hifi equipment, more on the pro side. I would love one of these: Alesis DEQ-230D
  5. C

Do folks have a favorite Graphic Equalizer with Spectrum Analyzer? I'd like to see them. Post your pictures and thoughts. I love music visualization :-) Currently I have: Pioneer GR-555 Technics SH-8046 Technics SH-GE70 Also any recommendations for another spectrum analyzer with an...
  6. C

Technics SL-PG450 CD Player Skipping/Stuttering - Solutions?

Probably, I'll try a lazy lens clean first, then open her up for a look. Any recommendations for locations to source a replacement belt if I need one? Thnaks
  7. C

It's been a long time since I have actively looked for new speakers. I have two setups I need replacement Speakers for: My Office: Denon-DRA355 AV/Receiver Denon DVD-1940CI DVD Player/SACD Player Technics SL-PG450 Technics CD Player Technics SH-GE70 Graphic Equalizer Technics SH-8046 Graphic...
  8. C

I have no history for the player, probably assume no in both cases. The player dates from around 1993.
  9. C

I recently purchased a Technics SL-PG450 CD Player. I like the sound from this generation of player, I had the younger brother of this model back in the early 1990s. It arrived and appeared to work okay for the first few days, but now all of a sudden it is skipping. Bear in mind it was recently...
  10. C

Best way to connect two Graphic Equalizers to the same system?

Yes I've watched the demos for the Color Organ and the Atari Video Music in the last couple of weeks. I wonder how well Atari Video Music sold when it came out. Rich
  11. C

Okay, Lightshow complete. The SH-846 Equalizer is attached to the Tape 1. The SH-GE70 is on Tape 2 with the tape deck cabled out from it. I'm guessing this is probably least dangerous solution :-) When I need the tape which will be rarely, I just have to flick the GE70 input selector to TAPE...
  12. C

Clearly my exposure as a teenager to my friends Fluoroscan Pioneer gear in the mid 80's has left me never quite having enough pretty blue lights:music: Thanks everyone for all the advice.
  13. C

Well CT Jim perhaps not Newby lightshow. 'Celebratory returning to the stereo component fold lightshow after a long break' is probably more accurate. I'm going to leave the two EQs in place until I decide which one is staying in the system. More than likely the SH-8046 will be the one staying as...
  14. C

I will mostly be leaving them flat and using them primarily for the spectrum analyzers. Will that still cause a problem with clipping? Rich
  15. C

I have two Graphics Equalizers with Spectrum Analyzers that I want to run on the same setup in my office. I have a Technics SH-8046 and a Technics GE-70. The SH-8046 is currently plugged in to the tape loop on a Denon DRA-355 A/V Receiver. What is the easiest way to have both connected to...
  16. C

Pioneer VSX-D702S Rear Panel Speaker Settings?

A Pioneer VSX-D702S Receiver showed up in Goodwill today, and I had a question about the speaker settings switch on the rear panel. I have looked online and cannot locate a manual, or any more information about this receiver. I am using it stereo only, with some Technics bookcase speakers...
  17. C

Early 1990s Pioneer Setup Speaker Recommendation

Having rediscovered my love of proper audio gear I have been building a stereo stack in the bedroom focused mostly on early 90s Pioneer gear. This is what is currently in the stack or on the way. Pioneer SX-251R Stereo Receiver ($17 Goodwill) Pioneer PD5700 Compact Disc Player ($5.99 Goodwill)...
Back
Top Bottom