Search results

1. Fuzzbuster

Marantz 6200 vs Technics SL-1300. Opinion

Like the title says...I currently use an SL-1300 but it's getting tired. I can get the Marantz 6200 relatively cheap. Is it at least as good a table as the Technics?
  2. Fuzzbuster

Budget turntable question

Howdy everyone. Looking at new budget tables. I'm looking at either a Rega Planar 1 or a U-TURN Orbit. I can get the Rega for $399 at my door. The U-TURN is $309+tax and $40 for the cue lever. ( Don't understand this one). So when all's said and done the cost difference is negligible. I'm...
  3. Fuzzbuster

What would cause tweeters to go?

Howdy everyone. I have an early set of Dali 8 speakers that are a 4 way design The super tweeters are not working on either speaker. I pulled one and checked it with my DMM and it read 1.6 megohms. So probably shorted? What could cause this? The seller said he tested them by taking them out and...
  4. Fuzzbuster

Early Dali speakers

Howdy everyone. I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Dali 8 speakers and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. I think they're from the late 80s and some of Dali's earliest models.
  5. Fuzzbuster

SX-1050 volume taper?

Howdy folks. I just picked up an SX-1050 and had a question about the volume taper. I don't get anything that resembles room filling sound until the volume control is around 10:00. My listening room is 10 X 16 and the system is set up along the long wall. I'm running an Ortofon 2M Red cart and...
  6. Fuzzbuster

Which would you choose?

Hello everyone. I can buy either a Parasound HCF-1500ii or a Carver TFM-25 for the same $$. Both in excellent condition. Which one would you choose?
  7. Fuzzbuster

Emotiva UPA-200 vs Hafler P-225

Hello everyone. I'm running a Hafler P-225 with a DH-110 preamp. It sounds very good...if I have one negative it's that the lower end isn't really all that tight or fast. I have an opportunity to pick up an Emotiva UPA-200. Will I notice much difference and if so, in what way?
  8. Fuzzbuster

Standalone output meter question

Hello everyone. How do the standalone output meters work...how do they get hooked up. I see speaker in terminals but no out. So they would use up one of your sets of speaker outs?
  9. Fuzzbuster

Banana plugs question

Hello everyone. I have a Denon POA-1500 power amp which has binding posts for the speakers, but it doesn't accept the regular size plugs. Does anyone know where I could find smaller banana plugs?
  10. Fuzzbuster

Purchased a Hafler P-220. Did I make a mistake?

Hello everyone. I found a Hafler P-220 online for a great price, so I bought it to go with the DH-110 I got recently. I guess I pulled the trigger too quickly maybe? The "P" designates Pro series? Is this going to be a good Audio amp? It has RCA inputs and not XLR so it's not designed for PA use...
  11. Fuzzbuster

Power transformer noise question

Hello everyone. I recently picked up a 1960 Harman Kardon Stereo Recital receiver. Twice when I hit the power switch the power transformer made an odd noise. Only for a split second. It leads me to believe that maybe something downstream is drawing too much current on start up. At least this is...
  12. Fuzzbuster

Polk speaker cone coating?

Does anyone have any idea what Polk used to coat their older speaker cones? Specifically the Monitor 10s. I had a pair given to me that must have done some time in a basement. There's some spotting Ang general discoloration. Cleaning won't be effective I think, so I thought I might recoat them...
  13. Fuzzbuster

SL-1300 vs SL-1600

I've been running an SL-1600 for a while and just picked up an SL-1300. They seem pretty alike feature wise. Is there any significant difference between the two?
  14. Fuzzbuster

Electrolytic capacitor question.

Hi everyone. So I have a Sonance Sonamp 260 with a couple of vented caps. I can see them oozing on to the board. My question is about the voltage rating of these caps. The main filters caps are 2 X 15,000uf @ 50V. I read online that the rail voltage is 47V. The caps I want to change are 470uf @...
  15. Fuzzbuster

Marantz SM500U amplifier. Any good?

I'm looking at one of these but information is scarce. I mostly see info on the Model 500 but I don't think they're the same. Anyone help me with this?
  16. Fuzzbuster

Polk Monitor 40 series II. Any thoughts?

Hi all. Thinking about a pair of these for my living room listening rig. They get some good reviews but it's hard to trust audio sites sometimes. Like they're being told what to say by the manufacturer. They can be bought direct from Polk for $99 shipped right now. I'm using Kef Q-10s right now...
  17. Fuzzbuster

AR Spirit 152 speaker question

Hello everyone. Fuzz here. I picked up a couple of AR woofers a while back, and through some research I think they are for the Spirit 152. This information comes from Carlos Moniz at CM Tech Support. Based on the fact that they have inverted rubber surrounds and poly cones, Carlos told me the...
  18. Fuzzbuster

FM bleeding through to other inputs ?

Hello everyone. Fuzz here again. I have an old ADC Six Hundred receiver from 1966 (from the little information available). I replaced all of the electrolytics when I got it as they were all visibly leaking. I can here the FM faintly through the tuner input with a CD player playing. Would other...
  19. Fuzzbuster

RCA Dimensia MPA-100 goes to protection

I just got an RCA MPA-100 and after 2-3 minutes in went into production (no sound, overload light on). I tried a different preamp and this time it went into protection as soon as music started. What are some likely causes? If it's in the outputs I'm screwed. It's got STK packs that I probably...
  20. Fuzzbuster

EMIT ferrofluid replacement?

I just picked up a pair of Qa Infinity. Reading on Hifiengine, it says they are liquid cooled. Has anyone ever replaced the ferrofluid in EMITs? I thought the fluid was used in voice coil gaps, but the EMIT has no voice coil, correct? Can someone please help me understand this?
  21. Fuzzbuster

Tannoy LS-5s...any thoughts?

Hi everyone. Fuzz here. I can pick a pair of these cheap with free shipping. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with these speakers?
  22. Fuzzbuster

Cartridge recommendations for my Miracord 40A, please.

I just got a Miracord 40A today...great table. It came with a Shure R27E cartridge which is probably the original since it's a Realistic badged table. It sounds very good. Very clean and clear...lots of detail. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some other choices for this table ? Thanks...
  23. Fuzzbuster

Pickering stylus question

Hi everyone...Fuzz here. I'm looking for a replacement stylus for a Pickering XV-15. I'm well aware of the fact that the chance of finding an actual Pickering are nil, but I wondered about options. What I'm seeing are 0.2 x 0.7 Pfansteils, 0.3 x 0.7 EV and a 0.3 conical. Which would be the best...
  24. Fuzzbuster

Question about record weights/stabilizers

Hi everyone. Fuzz here. A question for those of you who use record weights/stabilizers: Do you find that you can use lower tracking weight being the records are less prone to deflection? It's a claim made by someone selling them on eBay.
  25. Fuzzbuster

Elac Miracord 40A vs Technics SL-1600 ?

Hello everyone... Fuzz here. I've been running my Technics SL-1600 for a pretty long time...no problems, no complaints. I have an opportunity to pick up an Elac Miracord 40A and wondered if it's at least on par with the Technics? I've never owned an idler wheel table so that's part of the curiosity.
Back
Top Bottom