Search results

1. skywave-rider

KORG Nutube B1 Preamplifier... with a Twist!

Love it! I just built mine, but used the full kit. I admire your version. Setting mine up got a TP8 voltage problem, so no listening yet.
  2. skywave-rider

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Hey! I just fixed up my AK account today and started browsing. Posted a video in the General Forum. Scanning posts. Wow! I've got a lot of reading to do. Great to see you!
  3. skywave-rider

HiFiDo Footage and Shades of Two Cities

Thanks for watching! I think there are several shops here you would enjoy.
  4. skywave-rider

HiFiDo Footage and Shades of Two Cities

A mildly humorous story about sunglasses and districts, one in NY, another in Tokyo. I included a segment showing HiFiDo, a vintage audio store in the Akihabara district of Tokyo. All sound including my voice recorded on the streets of Akihabara -- and inside HiFiDo. A home movie for friends...
  5. skywave-rider

New JBL "M2"

I haven't heard the M2s. Couldn't get a demo in the NY Harman store before I left the country; they weren't "hooked up." Oh well. They are probably somewhere in Japan and I will hear them some time. I like the Pi H290c and am still a fan of the QSC 152i.
  6. skywave-rider

New JBL "M2"

These look enticing as well and might be complimentary with the M2 in a HT or multichannel setup: http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/jbl_professional_shipping_7_series_master_reference_monitors/
  7. skywave-rider

New JBL "M2"

Been away a while and logged in just to renew my subscription and saw this. Very exciting.
  8. skywave-rider

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

That was me trying to figure out what why it wasn't working and Earlk came in with the straight medicine. I eventually went all active, then on to a different driver/wg/passive crossover combination. Good luck. It will be worth the effort when you get it sorted out.
  9. skywave-rider

AK Design Collaborative: 3 way speakers

Very interesting guys, thanks. It makes a lot of sense that experienced designers have used a variety of tools over the years and in the process gained insight and "feel" for knowing what to do. Pete, does Xsim account for Z axis data in resolving system forward axis and phase?
  10. skywave-rider

Thanks for your info, Pete. Before I bought the PC, tried both Bootcamp and Parallels. Neither worked, had issues with audio drivers. It may be better now, but I won't go down that route. I'll have a look at the manual. Downloaded Xsim and it runs, have not loaded any driver data.
  11. skywave-rider

Thanks, Pete, that looks good. I am downloading it. Don't know if I will ever have time to plow through the associated threads fully. Any comments comparing it to PCD? What do the major designers on this thread use as tools for crossover design? A few years ago I bought a PC...
  12. skywave-rider

I got to get Passive Crossover Designer running.
  13. skywave-rider

Jbl synthesis project k2 s9900

I have heard the bigger brother Everest DD66000 several times but have only seen the s9900, don't know how they compare. Never saw either of them in the US.
  14. skywave-rider

Should I buy these Klipsch Heresy industrial?

Yes, use subs. The standard Heresy is bass shy as it is. I seem to remember a ported industrial model. These may be more similar to the domestic version, depends. I think those look cool.
  15. skywave-rider

Westlake Audio studio monitors?

I used BBSM 10s for years and they are a good mid field monitor. The speakers in the photo you linked look familiar, but I don't know what they are.
  16. skywave-rider

This is the result of too much time in a wood shop

Nice work. I think you could sell those.
  17. skywave-rider

Dave, at this juncture, may I request a recap on what drivers and design goals have been accepted? If it's all still up for consideration, that's cool. But I think some focus is a good idea.
  18. skywave-rider

Thread's moving fast. I am interested in the dome mid. http://audio-database.com/MITSUBISHI-DIATONE/diatoneds/ds-1000hr.JPG
  19. skywave-rider

Putting the cart before the horse, perhaps PE could be pursuaded to offer a finished cabinet, larger than they currently offer, to accommodate this project if we use drivers sourced from them. I say this because their built finished boxes do look good, and I wouldn't currently be able to build...
  20. skywave-rider

Time for a new AK Design Collaborative?

I started to look around into bigger coaxes and the Beyma15CXA400Fe looked good and seems well liked on-line. I am not suggesting that for this project, but maybe the smaller versions.
  21. skywave-rider

Billfort, yes.
  22. skywave-rider

audio engine A5

I am glad it's working. Those look real nice. :thmbsp:
  23. skywave-rider

audio engine A5

Why not? I can only find an image for the A, (as opposed to the A+) and it seems to have an eighth inch line input.
  24. skywave-rider

Ray turned me on to the Audire HE-10 coaxial speaker. I like the concept. It is cheap, fairly compact. Have not heard it. I assume it has problems typical of coaxes, but also the good qualities as well.
Back
Top Bottom