Search results

1. Elfasto

This is depressing. My two followers (yeah only 2) haven't been here for 7 years.

This is depressing. My two followers (yeah only 2) haven't been here for 7 years.
  2. Elfasto

Is streaming a bad idea?

It has it's place. It works well for work, background music, and it keeps my iPod 5.5G out of harms way (truck shop). For me it's like listening to standard radio broadcasts, but with a wider variety.
  3. Elfasto

Anyone sell their CD player and CDs???

My biggest problem is the CD players. I only have two. But for some reason I have 4 LD players, one DVD player......2 Playstation 2's, two Playstation 3's, Two Playstation 4's....... .....I have too many gadgets.
  4. Elfasto

I'm turning in my keys.

Thanks for everything!
  5. Elfasto

Anyone heard of Merak Speakers?? Canadian

I know this is a old thread, but I'm replying for completeness sake about a particular model of speaker. Not a lot of info in the web. I have a pair (impulse Goodwill buy) and they are VERY basic. No low pass filter, single cap high pass for the tweeter. Tweeter is a silver mylar. Not terrible...
  6. Elfasto

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Fleetwood Mac. Any album. RIP Christine McVie.
  7. Elfasto

Happy Birthday Elfasto!

Aww gee thanks peeps. :)
  8. Elfasto

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Was supposed to say hello. Didn't have my glasses on.
  9. Elfasto

Anyone sell their CD player and CDs???

Nope. I keep them. I buy more (Thrift stores are pretty good).
  10. Elfasto

Stopped by and checked out the place again.

Stopped by and checked out the place again.
  11. Elfasto

Why the Terrible Quality of Cell Phone Call Audio? ....vs analog

Yep. Still have one hardwired to my house. Landlines are powered by the telephone company and they are a very reliable source of communication in case poo-poo hits the proverbial fan and your cell phones are dead (That has happened. Not often mind you). You don't need a old rotary phone, just a...
  12. Elfasto

DIY rca cables.

I've made my own twisted pair RCA cables. They work well, and easy to make (use a drill to twist the wires).
  13. Elfasto

MEGA-SCORE!!: Potentially a working Sony MZ-R37 Minidisc player recorder!

As requested: Compared to a iPod 5.5g scroll wheel. Little hard to see, but it has life. Showing battery and "NoDisc" (Which is absolutely true. There is no disc).
  14. Elfasto

Good point Manfred. I will consult the service manual and double check before using the wall wart.
  15. Elfasto

Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

Grills on. Cats.
  16. Elfasto

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I pop in from time to time, same with other forums. Life gets in the way at times, interests change, situations in real life changes.
  17. Elfasto

What reaction do you receive when people first see and/or hear your system?

Most of my daughters friends look at the R2R and say " OMG! What......is THAT!?"
  18. Elfasto

CD distorting

What bands/musicians were the discs representing that were distorting?
  19. Elfasto

Hello peeps! Long time member here, long time absent. Sorry about that. Life and all that stuff...... Anyhow, I will regale you all with my tale of conquest at the local Goodwill: I was cruising the used CD section and browsing thru the electronics area (mostly junk, plastic speakers and...
  20. Elfasto

Just stopping by.....

Just stopping by.....
  21. Elfasto

constantly asking me to login

Same here. Every time I hit EDIT, it asks me to log in. I click on a new thread link, I have to log in. I look at my profile, I have to log in AGAIN.
  22. Elfasto

If hi-fi repair were a spectator sport like NASCAR

:D My sign on the back of my toolbox says: "You can have your truck fixed Cheaply, Quickly, or Perfectly. Pick Two."
  23. Elfasto

POST AN IMAGE. (No comments, no words, no text, no emoticons, just pics) *Respectful

Hot damn Shominy! You take some pretty outstanding pictures.
  24. Elfasto

SPL-4000 - Canadian Monsters take over the front room...

I think reproducing 45 Hz at -3dB for a pair of 5 1/4" drivers per speaker is pretty damn good actually.
Back
Top Bottom