Search results

1. smokenguns22

300dc

Who in here is the 300dc guru? I’m interested in getting mine restored and not quite confident enough to do it myself-lol. I live in So. Louisiana but be willing to ship possibly. Thanks Smokey
  2. smokenguns22

Looking for a tech

Hi all, I’m looking for a tech to go through and restore my SX-828. I’m in South Louisiana. Be willing to ship. last I used it(about 8 months ago) it sounded fine. Just wanting someone to go through it, change caps(as needed) and bring it up to spec. like for it to be “worry free” so I use...
  3. smokenguns22

Help me choose

So if you had a choice better a vintage Marantz turntable (6300 or orthe model) and the newer Marantz TT-15S1, which one would you choose? Give me the pros and cons of each please. Smokey
  4. smokenguns22

8 track repair tech needed

Any 8 track repair techs in here? I got a Wollensak player / recorder in need of repair and was wondering if anyone is willing and able. I know “Barry’s 8 track” has a long waiting list and hoping someone here can help. Smokey
  5. smokenguns22

Initial checks on Marantz gear

Hi guys and gals- I have several pieces of vintage Marantz gear including 2220 4270 4140 140 1250 5025b And possibly 300DC - near future. Many of these have been fully restored by either Catrafter or wlhd1610. Mr. Tom and Mr.Bob never cease to amaze me with their skills and knowledge. I think...
  6. smokenguns22

Marantz amplifier AC coupling vs Dc coupling

I have a chance to buy a Marantz 1152dc from a guy locally at reasonable price but not real familiar with the dc models. Any info would be greatly appreciated What are y'all's views on the two? Pros / cons ?
  7. smokenguns22

4270 Quad speaker ohm question

The manual states when using Main +Remote speakers that the impedance shouldn't be less than 4 ohms (8ohm + 8 ohm in parallel = 4 ohm-I get that part). But is that 4 ohms for each Main and 4 ohm for Remote separately? If I had 8 ohm speakers hook to all outputs (Main Front-Main rear / Remote...
  8. smokenguns22

Using newer amp with 2220 pre-amp

I have a Marantz 2220 that sounds great on smaller JBL's(at work and can't remember the model number-isn't important). I'm wanting to hook this receiver to my 3 zone set-up. I have a Marantz SR-5008 that is currently set up to it but the video card went out. All I want is stereo mode in these...
  9. smokenguns22

Vintage Marantz speakers

Just wondering in any of you use or have listened to Marantz speakers with your 22xx receivers? Is the sound quality any good? I dont read any posting of Marantz speakers with their vintage gear, it's all JBL's, klipsch, etc... I'm interested in reading some responses
  10. smokenguns22

List of wood cabinet

Maybe someone can help me- I've been looking but can't find a list of Marantz wood cabinet size chart that goes to respectable model number. I.E. WC-22 fits on 22xx,22xx, ect... I think they make different size cabinets for different model numbers, right?
  11. smokenguns22

Hello from So. Louisiana

Hi from South LA. I've been browsing for a week or so and have learn a lot from you guy and gals. Plenty of great info on this forum. I recently caught the vintage bug and seems like I'm not alone-lol. I currently own a Marantz SR-5008 which the video card went out so I recently purchased a...
Back
Top Bottom