Search results

1. K

Help with an HH Scott 330A - No FM band.

Hi Dadbar, this is a solid state 330A, I think it's from about 1976 or so, not the old 330A tube model. Thanks for the reply just the same!.
  2. K

Help with an HH Scott 330A - No FM band.

Greetings, I have an HH Scott 330A receiver. everything works fine, including the AM band, but the FM band is dead silent. Antennas attached, fuses check okay, de-oxit on the band selector and other controls. Any hints as to the next most likely places to check would be appreciated. Thanks, Kurt
  3. K

Pioneer SX-535 Noisy Transistors?

I have a manual, which to me is just a guide and provides schematics, additional info about the original parts and some verification. Many times the factory upgraded or, made changes, retro fitted new versions of parts and corrected blunders during the manufacturing years of a unit that might...
  4. K

KKnight, unfortunately I'm out of DeOxit and hadn't cleaned any controls yet (which have always been smooth and quiet). I only re-soldered/re-flowed the pinouts on the boards (many of which appeared "bubbly", crystalline grey or weakly soldered before I replaced the two tran's. I did a cursory...
  5. K

Started popping again. Thanks for the answers and replies. I didn't mean to start a thread within a thread, I want this to keep on topic with respect to the OP. To add a couple things that should be on topic to mention is not to overlook fixing bad or suspect solder joints/connections and to...
  6. K

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I intend to go over the whole thing. As mentioned, when I put in the 1845s on the control board the set worked fine, briefly. So I don't think any outputs are blown. There's maybe something upstream of the two new tran's I put on control board that are shorting the...
  7. K

Hope no one minds that I revive this thread for a moment. First, thanks once again Mark (and others) for sharing your knowledge and expertise! My SX-535 (a back-up unit) finally crapped out. It had been crackling intermittently thru the right channel for a while. Suddenly (but expectedly) the...
  8. K

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Different song than the one Springsteen sings. Johnny Todd's was a '50s Rockabilly type tune. Both are different from Aretha Franklin's Pink Cadillac (Freeway Of Love). I think there's probably are dozens of tunes titled or mentioning "Pink Cadillac" out there.
  9. K

Haha, I see "Hey Little Cobra" by the Rip Chords mentioned! a true Car Tune Era car tune for sure. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it. The lead singer Richie is an acquaintance of mine. He's still around and gets his band together to do shows a few times a year, their hit tune Hey Little Cobra is...
  10. K

"Pink Cadillac", by Johnny Todd [I think the original version] Great Rockabilly! and possibly a serious candidate here. Best cover I've heard of "Mercury Blues" goes to Jimmy Thackery And The Drivers. Who also did an original car related tune called "Doin' 100" that's pretty hot. Check 'em out...
  11. K

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

:) Thank you for the welcomes! I've been popping in every now and again for a few months, when I have a few minutes to post, and I'll occasionally put up pic of the LPs or equipment. Back in the 70s a school chum loaned me a Savoy Brown "Blue Matter" 8-track. It blew me away! I couldn't...
  12. K

Just enjoyed Hapshash and the Colored Coat's 1969 "Western Flier" LP. Strange stuff, not too polished but a nice change up! I think Big Bo Peep was a pretty cool cut, High energy to say the least with some jam-up piano from Mike Batt. ". . . .Big Bo Peep, she tastes so sweet"! Great psych-ish...
  13. K

Just enjoyed Jukka Tolonen's "Hysterica" LP. Recently picked it on ebay surprisingly cheap (original 1975 pressing on the Love label). Listening now to Web's "I Spider" (CD, don't have the lp unfortunately). A minor Prog masterpiece, not a bad cut on the record.
  14. K

Pioneer Package

The SX-9930 is a rare, higher end (for it's day) reciever. And very nice looking as well. As I understand it it was only made for one year, 1975, and only sold at US military PX's in West Germany. Though I have read in some threads here of units dating (via their serial number) into early 1976...
  15. K

LPs: LESTER YOUNG/Prez And Teddy And Oscar (1976); DJAM KARET/Reflections From The Fire Pool (1989) CDs: DJAM KARET/Ascencion (2001); OZRIC TENTACLES; Spice Doubt Zappa is awesome. VERY underrated guitar player and composer. A lot his songs and lyics are a bunch of juvenile crap but what an...
  16. K

Thanks! Glad to be here.
  17. K

Besides some GREAT blues by Bloomfield, and some great covers of "You Don't Love Me" and Dylan's "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry", it has the best version ever of Donovan's "Season Of The Witch" laid down by Steven Stills.
  18. K

Upgrade/New Turntable Advice (Please)

it also has the VTA adjustment.
  19. K

Upgrade/New Turntable Advice (Please)

I have a D202, and several other Technics TTs. I had a 1200 years ago but sold it for $150 before I learned about good TTs. Anyway, I understand you are looking towards Rega, but I just wanted to suggest a Dual CS-5000. besides the Technics' I have several very good tables, including three...
  20. K

some eclectic stuff. A few LPs then i switched to CDs (rare stuff that i can't afford the vinyl on). Tonights LPs: Heavy Jelly/Same (1969); Keef Hartley Band/Overdog (1971); Aera/Turkis (1979) CDs: West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band/Part One(1967); The Viola Crayola/Music,Breathing Of Statues...
  21. K

Any data bases for cartridges/Stylii out there?

Well, as it turns out, I mis-read the number and it's an AT3312S, and I was able to find out a bit about it on another AK thread. Like the cart I inquired about earlier in this thread, it is apparently another AT12S body. The stylus is white with a tapered cantilever, ribbed sides, AT logo and...
  22. K

Just to add, the cart was on a Technics SL-220. The table doesn't look very used, may have been the original cart it came with. Perhaps it was packaged with it by whatever store it was bought from. But even then, eBay usually turns up a table/cart listing or two in those situations.
  23. K

That chart is helpful for older Grados, thanks Marcmorin. Just found another Audio Technica that comes up with no results, AT3321S. Even a Google search turns up 0 results! I tried all kinds of number combos on ebay and only came up with various AT33's which seem to be very expensive MC...
  24. K

Thank you Marcmorin, you've been more than generous in sharing your knowledge! I hope your answering my questions hasn't compromised any edge you may have. If there are any databases, charts, timelines, links or any other resources out there you may know of having the lineage, supersessions or...
  25. K

Ah, I see. In examining pictures of Prestige carts and Signature carts on eBay and Google Images I saw some "Prestiges" that had the JG/circle logo and assumed that some had it and some didn't. Can I presume now that if it has the logo it is a Signature body and the seller doesn't know or...
Back
Top Bottom