Search results

1. Mr. Lin

today's AMBIENT selection

This is my personal favorite Schulze album, which I've probably already mentioned in this thread. Lots of fantastic stuff being posted in this thread recently.
  2. Mr. Lin

caps for signal path in tube amps

I prefer Jantzen Copper Z (especially given the relatively affordable price), and if you want to get fancier, check out V-Caps from VH Audio. The Jantzen caps have copper leads, which I consider mandatory for DIY hi-fi. Someone mentioned Obbligato, and I've heard those are among the better...
  3. Mr. Lin

Classic TD, very similar to Phaedra as you know, although I kind of prefer the somewhat more subdued overall sound of Rubycon.
  4. Mr. Lin

My pleasure!
  5. Mr. Lin

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

I second Catcher10's assessment of the 356BEE, I'm very happy with mine. You probably can't really lose with either of the amps you're considering.
  6. Mr. Lin

IMO that one has a dated sound, but I still find it well worth listening to when I'm in the mood. Force Majeure, as you know, is a more involved album instrumentally than their earlier ambient work, with rock elements, and I've heard it criticized for that in the past but I think it's...
  7. Mr. Lin

Thanks for the tip!
  8. Mr. Lin

Isn't that the one with the ticking clock in one part?
  9. Mr. Lin

We have both those things in common. I've always thought this was the best of his original ambient series and a minor masterpiece of minimal ambient.
  10. Mr. Lin

I need help on switching on my Vintage SONY TA-F5A

Moved to DIY.
  11. Mr. Lin

Today's classical playlist

As something of an aside regarding the Hantaï/Bach CD, Hantaï apparently recorded Bach's Goldberg Variations on harpsichord on two separate occasions, and the other recording is reportedly a somewhat different interpretation from the one I just posted here. As we all know, there's a troubling...
  12. Mr. Lin

J.S. Bach Goldberg Variations Pierre Hantaï: harpsichord 2000 Opus DDD Made in France Every J.S. Bach Goldberg Variations Pierre Hantaï: harpsichord 2000 Opus DDD Made in France Every Hantaï recording I've heard is a joy and this is no exception. ...
  13. Mr. Lin

Carl Nielsen Symphonies (complete) Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra Gennady Rozhdestvensky 1994, 1995, 1998 & 2004 Chandos DDD 3CD My premier of this box set tonight was Nielsen's Symphony No.4, Op.29, FS 76 'The Inextinguishable.' ...
  14. Mr. Lin

Mind? Many of us will enthusiastically welcome that!
  15. Mr. Lin

Bruckner Symphony No.8 Wiener Philharmoniker Pierre Boulez 2000 DG DDD "Recorded live in St. Florian, near Linz, at the International Bruckner Festival 1996." I've been looking forward to hearing this for quite a while now, and it exceeded my expectations. ...
  16. Mr. Lin

Günter Raphael Works for Violin Christine Raphael: violin Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie Jorge Rotter Max Rostal: violin & viola Ulf Rodenhäuser: clarinet Rainer Gepp: piano Ernst Gröschel: piano Wolfgang Stockmeier: organ 2010 CPO 2 CD set AAD/DDD Made in Germany Recordings...
  17. Mr. Lin

Carl Nielsen Symphony No. 3, Op. 27 "Sinfonia Espansiva" Symphony No. 2, Op. 16 "The Four Temperaments" New York Philharmonic Alan Gilbert 2012 Dacapo Hybrid SACD Made in Germany Recorded live in concert His third symphony from this one: ...
  18. Mr. Lin

J.S. Bach Clavier-Übung I: Six Partitas, BWV 825-830 Peter Watchorn: harpsichord 2013 Musica Omnia 3 CD set Unsurprisingly, this is very good. ...
  19. Mr. Lin

It seems it was well-worth the risks. That's going on my list.
  20. Mr. Lin

Egon Wellesz (1885-1974) Symphonies 1-9 (Complete) Radio Symphonieorchester Wien Gottfried Rabi Recordings made between 2001-2004 This edition: 2008 CPO 4CD set DDD Specifically Symphony No.8 from the last disc. ...
  21. Mr. Lin

Yes I meant all in one sitting, not simultaneously.
  22. Mr. Lin

Spoken like someone who's researched the topic. ;) You're going to listen to all of them at once?
  23. Mr. Lin

Bax Winter Legends Morning Song Saga Fragments Ashley Wass: piano Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra James Judd 2011 Naxos Ok, maybe a little inappropriate right now... ...
  24. Mr. Lin

Amy Beach Piano Music, Volume 2: The Turn of The Century Kirsten Johnson: piano 2009 Guild Made in England DDD ...
  25. Mr. Lin

Mahler Symphony No.4 Songs of a Wayfarer Symphony No.4: George Szell Judith Raskin: soprano The Cleveland Orchestra Songs of a Wayfarer: Andrew Davis Frederica von Stade: mezzo-soprano London Philharmonic Orchestra 1965/78/91 Sony ADD ...
Back
Top Bottom