Search results

1. Kosinki

Y-Adapted MC Step Up Transformer?

So I have an SPU 1 S on a second tonearm that I want as a dedicated mono arm. I was thinking since I only need one channel of a mono record I can just use a single transformer and y adapt the inputs for 2 channel mono. However, would this affect the load that the transformer sees from my phono...
  2. Kosinki

“Next Page” Issue

Using mobile version and when I click on next page it doesn’t take me to the top of the next page but I stay on the bottom. Rather annoying.
  3. Kosinki

Help Identifying Tuner

Any help would be super appreciated! I tried searching B&H but couldn't find anything useful.
  4. Kosinki

Low Output SS Integrated Suggestions

Looking for a a decent solid state integrated amp with fairly low output as I have high sensitivity speakers. I want an amp just for streaming music. Budget is around 400.
  5. Kosinki

Thoughts on this 300b amp?

Chinese 300b monoblocks, seller claims to wind own transformers and has point to point wiring. Tubes are ECC82, 1pc EF86(triode connection) & 1pc GZ34
  6. Kosinki

First Banana Tonearm?

Came across this classic design by Dieter Rams and noticed the tonearm. Is this the design that EMT would later copy for their 997? Braun turntable is from the early 60s and the 997 came out in the 70s.
  7. Kosinki

Altec 802 magnet polarity >:(

So I understand that the painted L1 denotes that the negative terminal gets connected to it. My question is does it matter how the diaphragm is oriented on the driver. Someone has written + - on the top plate of my driver.
  8. Kosinki

Altec 601 Tweeter help

Picked up a pair of 601-8d's in a partial trade. Speakers seem to be in nice condition but the tweeter dcr measures like a 16 ohm driver. Is it still possible to use these with an 8 ohm amp?
  9. Kosinki

Altec Diaphragm Experimenting

Decided to swap out my 802 aluminum diaphragms and replace them with some unloved symbiotiks from an old pair of 807s. I had been experiencing some fatigue and harshness with the aluminum so I changed them up tonight and WOW...My system is already more mid range oriented but the symbiotiks with...
  10. Kosinki

Relaxin

Drinking a pale ale and listening to the twang of John Fahey's Yellow Princess. Cheers!
  11. Kosinki

New Amp

Finally joined the SET club :) It sounds as good as it looks.
  12. Kosinki

My first CD Player

The Proceed PCD, even though I'm a vinyl/tube guy I've always fantasized about Mark levinson gear and this will probably be the closest I get to owning some. Having so much fun listening to this CD player and buying cds on the cheap. Why buy the 200$ vinyl when you can get the cd for 5$! Also...
  13. Kosinki

Western Electric Horn Art

"Kevin Schmidt is a British Columbia–based artist whose multidisciplinary practice embodies the do-it-yourself (DIY) sensibilities of an amateur inventor. The exhibition takes a focus from Schmidt’s DIY Hifi (2014), which presents an audiophile listening room featuring gigantic stereo speakers...
  14. Kosinki

Altec 604 Low DCR

So I'm looking at a pair of 604e's and I asked the seller to measure the dc resistance and the 1 woofer measured at 12 and the other 5.8. I know it's not an exact measurement but that seems like a pretty drastic difference that could affect the performance of the speakers.
  15. Kosinki

Altec 614 Build

Hey guys, recently contracted a local woodworker/artist to construct me a pair of 614 cabinets using the original plans. He just sent me a rendering of the enclosure to double check that everything was right before he started construction. Because I've never seen a pair in person I thought I'd...
  16. Kosinki

3 Track Tape

In a 3 track tape recording, what side does the 3rd track get sent to in the stereo cutter head?
  17. Kosinki

Tube Phono Preamp Reccomendations

Looking to move on from my PAS 3 to something a little more refined with MM phono. Budget is around 1000 and open to new / vintage gear suggestions, thanks.
  18. Kosinki

Interconnect for HF-87

With the stock inputs being so close together which interconnects do you guys recommend for this amp?
  19. Kosinki

TD 160 Ground Issue?

I'm using a stock TD 160 with a Nagaoka MP 110 cart. I've been consistently getting distortion / audible surface noise / and buzz coming from the right speaker. I also get buzz sometimes when I move the tonearm in and out of the plastic holder. I've tightened and swapped the leads numerous...
  20. Kosinki

Rek-O-Kut L-34 Restoration

So I've cleaned out the bearing well, ordered some new grommets, and cleaned the idler studs etc. However, the motor doesn't appear to have the oil spouts to clean the motor. I'm also perplexed by the transformer and fuse. Any tips / suggestions for this restoration would be greatly appreciated.
  21. Kosinki

Soldered Headshell Leads

I just got this old Empire 98 tonearm and I see that headshell leads have been soldered. Are the pins pooched or is it possible to removed the leads without damaging them?
  22. Kosinki

TD 160 belt

Is the thakker belt a good belt for td 160? I don't see any genuine thorens belts on eBay anymore.
  23. Kosinki

Tweeter connection help

Hey guys, I'm just wondering what terminal on the speaker I use to hook up my horn tweeter, thanks.
  24. Kosinki

Overlooked and Underappreciated Jazz Musicians

Hey Guys, looking for suggestions on some of the lesser known but still significant musicians that I should check out. I know a guy that has 80,000 jazz records (all the Blue Note has been picked over) and I'd like to acquire some real gems from his collection, thanks.
  25. Kosinki

John Frusciante Hi-Fi

John Frusciante seems to be very hip to Hi-Fi, that's some nice gear!
Back
Top Bottom