Search results

1. Gaeilge

New Outlaw Receiver!

I have some Sennheiser 650s, and if I am not mistaken, they are 300 ohms also. The headphone output of the 2160 sounds great but only does an okay job with tougher loads. It drives the 650s, but they don't get loud by any means and I find my self listening at close to max output when I do use...
  2. Gaeilge

Elac UB5, ML 35XT, Polk LSIM703, Orrrrr? $1000 budget for bookshelves.

I feel the same and would second the Polks. I find the ELACs to be good bang for the buck, probably one of the best speakers I've heard in their price range but they are not efficient and their low end sounded bloated to me.
  3. Gaeilge

A/V receivers pre-out levels and amplifiers input sensitivity

If you are heavy into amplifiers, you will find they are CORRECT. You never want to use the max, peak output because this usually depends upon an unbelievably high output voltage from your source device which is not realistic. This would be when you have something like a square wave on a test...
  4. Gaeilge

Dual 1219 Bad Motor - Replacement motor?

I had a little time tonight to take a peek. I removed the motor from the unit again and this time went to open it up and take a peek. Holy smokes, after forty something years those motor shells are really on there and don't want to budge. I think I might have to get some snap pliers or something...
  5. Gaeilge

Awesome! I am always surprised by people's generosity. Just took my dog home from the Emergency ER, so I won't be able to recheck the motor for a couple days. Once I do, I will report back and let you know.
  6. Gaeilge

Thanks, I will check again. When I checked initially, no continuity when pulled out of circuit. I let my friend use it after I replaced a bad .01uF 1000v suppressor cap... I also plan on manually spinning the platter and hooking the audio output up to a scope to see my results there.
  7. Gaeilge

Thanks a lot guy. For $40, the WAF should be good :)
  8. Gaeilge

Recently, my 1219 motor gave up the ghost. With my DMM, I can see I am good up until the motor, after the motor though there is nada. I picked up another TT but would also like to fix the Dual. Anyone have a lead on where to pick up a motor and what they go for?
  9. Gaeilge

New Outlaw Receiver!

I picked up an RR2160 and it has been great. The sound is very well balanced with what sounds like a slight emphasis on the highs. It provides a very detailed image. Things like the sleep timer, remote, and internet radio are all things that I can't picture doing without now. I tend to throw the...
Back
Top Bottom