Search results

1. D

Sansui sp-220

Yes Indeed. The most surprising thing is that with that cleaner diluted in water can be used to replate metal.
  2. D

Sansui sp-220

Hello Little update. I decided to try a popular diy rust removal method here in Japan. There is a restroom cleaner called “neo nice” that cost less than a dollar for a bottle of 500cc. I grab 19 bottles that was all the stock i could see at the moment and soaked all the chassis components in...
  3. D

Sansui sp-220

Little update. Finally got most of the guts of the chassis. After cleaning, the front panel came out beautiful, that is a big motivation boost. The rest is pretty bad…. The wiring is pretty bad… after 50+ years most of the wire insulation is cracked so mostly everything has to be replaced…...
  4. D

Sansui sp-220

Thank you maxhifi for your comment. Yes the damage is around the rectifier tube. I have a theory. The unit had installed a selenium rectifier for the tubes/valves heaters. Seems that it failed and started leaking. And that cause the rust. Eventualy sombody installed a bridge rectifier instead...
  5. D

Sansui sp-220

Thank you JimEGR for your offer but I have an account on ebay. I am aware of that listing, the thing is that pot shipped to Japan will cost me around 130 usd…. Pretty steep for a pot…. I’ll think about alternatives but if I can’t solve it I will have to buy it.
  6. D

Sansui sp-220

Thank JimEGR for the comment. Yes just started with the job.…. Just found out the volume pot and the balance pot are not original… that is a problem since the original volume pot is 8 pin for loudness+ on/off switch. Where in the world I am going to find one at a reasonable price! The balance…...
  7. D

Sansui sp-220

Hello Sansuiman. Thank you for your post. Yeah, has been 5 years…? finding the matching q3535 would be even more difficult specially pricy. considering finding another one would be difficult… one that might be in better shape probably will be even more difficult. The thing is it will be very...
  8. D

Sansui sp-220

Hello everyone and regards from Japan. After a search of 5 years I was able to secure an sp-220 preamp from 1968 from yahoo auctions here in Japan. It cost me about 30000 yen that in today dollars is about 200 usd. I though it was very reasonable until I got it. This is the actual auction...
  9. D

Sansui au777 oscilloscope settings

Hello. Ok... parts arrived and solved my problem! Hurray! Fixed. Thank you all for your comments !
  10. D

AU777 Questions

Hello all I was able to get an AU777 with some issues I am trying to solve in other threat. I have some questions for AU777 owners out there. 1. My amp came with a wood case, however after removing it I was surprised that no metallic cover was present underneath... before finding this amp I...
  11. D

Hello After a lot of trial and error I found out that the problem was in the preamp section... hooked up my trusted CA606 to the 777 and I was able to get a more consistent wave in both channels... not perfect but good enough. In the schematic specifies that there are (2) 2sd650 and (2) 2sd281...
  12. D

Thank you bubhardy for your reply. current is stable at 21mA....
  13. D

Hello Is what the service manual specifies.... Right channel seems ok but the left shows up like this... the top of the sine wave does not get completely flat... any Ideas? thanks
  14. D

Hello. Thank you for your reply. Probing with the scope from the speaker terminals looking out for polarity.... I will look for another resistor...
  15. D

Hello everyone. After a lot of patience I was able to score an au777 with wood case. When it arrived I was surprised to see that no metal cover was under the woodcase...was the woodcase an option? No idea... inside was super dirty and a blown fuse. Checked the outputs... 1 of the d143 was blown...
  16. D

Sansui BA150 findings

Hello all. I am no familiar with the whole system but as far as I know you need 1 amp per channel plus the cd5 per channel to drive the midrange and highs... and if you want 4 channel you could add an qs-1 or 100.... that is a lot of gear to drive those speakers.... actually as maxhifi mentioned...
  17. D

Sansui BA150 findings

Hello Thank you all to your likes and replies. Mr. wally1955. Nice to hear from you again. Owning a BA150 quite a privilege...owning 2 is mind blowing at least for me. I just finishing recapping it and all i can say is WOW! This amp paired with the CA 606 sounds just amazing. I don’t know...
  18. D

Au9500 question

Hello I am very lucky to own an 9500 that was in very bad shape when I got it, after recapping and repair a lot of horrible mods it was working fine but recently it started to produce bumps in the left channel. Obviously is the preamp section... one of those transistors has gone noisy. My...
  19. D

Luxman m150 bias current issues

Update. I was able to get some c1431. No luck with the a679 but was able to find a good sub. After replacing the transistors powered again and boom... there it goes again the c1431 and a bunch of resistors... all burned... the outputs are ok this time. The transistor and resistors in the red...
  20. D

Hello, After being enjoying the amp for a few days, last week ended in a puff of smoke.... burned resistors and a c1431 blown... decided to check the outputs and 1 a679 was blown as well. All in the left channel this time. Finding replacements is going to be challenging this time since these...
  21. D

Hello after getting stressed over the weekend because of this amp, finally found what was the problem...a piece of board pattern was gone! How this can even happen I have no idea... although component quality in this amp is top class the board itself is not. After mending the section with wire...
  22. D

Thank you for the tip. I will check. I am suspicious about the psu...
  23. D

Sansui BA150 findings

Hello. I was always intrigued by the BA150. No much info about it, no schematics online, some random pics online... From one of those pics I found out the amp used the F1159 board which i remembered well since I used to own an AU666... so I thought that probably was like an BA100 with meters...
  24. D

Hello. I just got a new project , but I can’t figure out this issue I am having. This is an power amp which seems quite rare, that is the main reason I pulled the trigger on it. I was able to find the service manual for the M1500 which is the same as the m150. The service manual states to...
  25. D

CA-606 Preamp Documentation

Hello. Thank you very much for the schematic. I never though I would say something like this about an schematic but it is GORGEOUS! I guess is just because Ive been looking forever and just wouldn’t show up. You were really lucky, I have bought quite a few sansui amps but never got the luck to...
Back
Top Bottom