Search results

1. M

Panlocs for C28, MA6100 etc

Im building a custom cabinet for my gear and want to add panlocs for the subject models above. They typically come with L52 cabinet. I need to buy a pair off the bay but see that there are various versions and sizes. Can anyone help me identify the ones I need...dimensions etc? Thanks in advance.
  2. M

Help request: MA6100 speaker switch and pre out questions

Mystery solved...Someone shorted the speaker switch terminals and the pre-power jacks internally. Snip, snip...problem solved, though I am very curious as to why someone might go to that trouble to handicap an amp.
  3. M

Help request: MA6100 speaker switch and pre out questions

I recently picked up a nice condition MA 6100 integrated amp that now works well with the following exceptions: 1. Front panel Speaker selector buttons seem to be bypassed as speakers work whether buttons are in our out. Status lights operate as they should - on/out, off/in. Even with the lights...
  4. M

Adding headphones to equalizer output

PA tape inputs
  5. M

Thanks for that info.
  6. M

Bryston 3B question

I see the early 3B in two configurations. One has small logo near top left. The other has large centred logo. Both have chrome handles. What’s the difference inside?
  7. M

When I split the output signal from an equalizer to tap in headphones, the speaker output is severely attenuated. How Can I tap in a headphone jack without effecting speakers? I get the same condition if I tap into the outputs of the mixer prior to eq
  8. M

Speaker frequency specs ?

Thanks all...very helpful. Glad I asked!
  9. M

Speaker frequency specs ?

I have some confusion about rated speaker specs. Perhaps someone can enlighten me as I seem to have forgotten basic audio physics in my old age. My question is wrt frequency response. I have always assumed that the normal healthy human ear can detect 20-20k hz. So it stands to reason that...
  10. M

“Bi-amping” with one amp?

Except with the current configuration I can control both woofer and tweeter levels. The L pad wouldn’t permit tweeter level to exceed woofer level. Right now I can do that. Full control over hi and lows.
  11. M

Zactley!! Works well except for one tiny downfall. The Russound unit apparently has protection circuitry built in which tends to attenuate the overall power. I have to drive the amp harder to get the same volume.
  12. M

Ok, this is not bi amping at all...though the sonic benefits may be similar. I have a Russound source/speaker selector lying around. So I tried setting it as follows: Preamp/amp to the input, tweets to one output, woofers to the other. Passive crossovers in my paradigm 11SE mk3 speakers...
  13. M

ML1C speakers - Two questions...

Hmmm...another myth up in smoke. Tonight I finally connected my ML1Cs to my MC2105/C28. No need whatsoever for the equalizer. Bass is excellent. I was expecting meek...not even close. These are amazing as is. Roger must be a perfectionist if he believes these need the EQ to function correctly...
  14. M

Paradigm 5se Mk3 collapsed foam?

I have a pair of the subject speakers with the 8" woofer. Surround is BUTYL RUBBER. I recently noticed that one has collapsed...not the duct cap, its like the cone is drawn inward further than the other....almost like the magnet is very strong and drawing the cone inward. This is obvious while...
  15. M

ML1C speakers - Two questions...

Until I score the Equalizer MQ101, has anyone ever compensated the low end with a sub? How does it sound? Do these speakers warrant a stand or should they be floor standing? (ok, 3 questions...)
  16. M

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

1978 C28 preamp and M2105 amp. 1973 ML-1C speakers...still on the hunt for the MQ101 Actually the speakers are in final restoration stage. Refoamed the 8's and repaired a small strip of loose veneer then touched up a few minor dings with dark walnut stain. Tomorrow I refoam the 12's and they are...
  17. M

Correct woofer for ML-1C speakers

I have to admit that until recently I was under the (false) impression that Mcintosh speakers sucked... Must be a stigma or something. The spec.s say otherwise. But pricing is reflective of demand I suppose. I see there is a set of ML-1Cs on the bay for a buy-it-now of $450...recently...
  18. M

Great info and comments. Thanks all. I have ordered the correct surrounds from simply speakers, fixable woofers are enroute from the bay...and my search is set up for am MQ-101 or 2 Looking forward to hearing these babies pushed with my C28 and MC2105. It never even occured to me that a single...
  19. M

That is very helpful. Thank You!
  20. M

i recently purchased a very nice pair of subject cabinets. They are missing the 12 inch woofers. In searching the bay I see several different speakers offered as "original, needs refoaming". Some have round magnets, some square. Which is correct for my cabinets?
  21. M

Mission 763i... NOW I understand "sound stage"

I just had an eureka moment. Picked up another bargain - a pair of Mission 763i speakers in good shape. I disconnected a pair of Paradigm 5se Mk3 and wired up the Missions. It became very apparent that the latter presents the audio in an almost 3 dimensional way. From drum solos to symphony to...
  22. M

McIntosh mc2105 and Bryston 3b. Biamp?

Thanks for the reply. I had hoped someone who had these two amps had some experience and input. I will certainly try both setups but since I'm going passive crossovers, and since only the McIntosh has attenuation capability, it will be the variable when it comes to balancing the two. I suspect...
  23. M

McIntosh mc2105 and Bryston 3b. Biamp?

Considering a biamp setup with these two power amps. Any recommendations as to which goes woofers and which goes tweeters? I'm going into paradigm 7semk3 and 5semk3 wired parallel at 4 ohms. Preamp is mcintosh C28.
  24. M

McIntosh C28 VS Realistic STA-2300

First Post...(in this forum) I recently acquired a couple of Vintage McIntosh units at a steal price (since the seller could not confirm functionality). I gambled and looks like it was a good call. I bought an MC2105 power amp and the matching C28 pre-amp. After some cleaning (20 years of dust...
  25. M

Help! Realistic STA-2300 Power level LED problem

First off, thanks to all who replied to my request for help. As it turns out, the issues are both solder joint related in the same circuit board. Tap tap...and the upper (left) power level lights came on. I almost cried...I hadnt seen them lit up since about 1984. ;-) And after a few more...
Back
Top Bottom