Search results

1. Bigdrive

MC 207 Purchased 5 channels not working-need advise

Well I bought my first Mcintosh, a MC 207. It looks like it was in an room/house that had a fire, but I am not sure. There was a ton of soot that had to be cleaned up before even trying to turn on. PS soot is very hard to get off. Anyway I did the usual and tackled the power supply board first...
  2. Bigdrive

SCOPE INTERPRETATION HELP

Hello, I am working on an amplifier in this case a Kenwood ka-1000. I have owned it since new. I recapped it many years ago. Its really what got me into this hobby. I need help with interpreting my scope please. In the picture is left and right channel. It is being driven by my signal gen which...
  3. Bigdrive

DBX BX3 MK1 RESTORATION-RELAYS BURNT-NO AMPLIFICATION

Just bought a second BX3. It was advertised as will not come out of protection. The bottom plate was quite warped and had something try to go through the cooling cut outs. Picture for the sale showed the unit on. The big question was to fire it up again on a DBT and check it out before...
  4. Bigdrive

AU 919 Resistor Failure

I received my winter project the other week and I am pumped about getting it and challenged by how much work it needs! Many caps have failed and leaked. It brings me to a question I have on F2835 head amp. The MIR resistors have a rust leaking from them! They are in spec, but rust coming out...
  5. Bigdrive

HH SCOTT 377B TESTING AND THEN DOWN RABBIT HOLE

Just got a Hh Scott 337b, like others, cheep. My bench is full and I do not need another project. So I was delighted when on the DBT no issues. Connected scope and DVM. No issues! I never get a new unit and push it up to full power right away. I like to clean all the switches and inspect BEFORE...
  6. Bigdrive

SANSUI AU-777 need help with outputs

I have been fighting with this amp over it’s output and what the oscilloscope is telling me. I need help from someone smarter then me, please! Here are the test conditions for both videos. It’s in amp mode and the preamp is not powered up. The pre output and main input jumpers are removed for...
  7. Bigdrive

AU-777 Restore and protection issues

I have just got a au-777 in good cosmetic condition after reading @smurfer77 excellent 777a vs all contenders. The seller asked if i wanted to see it powered up and the answer was no. He was very surprised and asked why? I told him if he blew it up, i would not buy it! After opening it up, thank...
  8. Bigdrive

Frame up restoration of a BA-2000

I am starting a frame up restoration of a BA 2000. I opened it up I can only come to the conclusion it was in the dump. Outputs where all different and everything is bent and corroded, so I put it away hoping the Sansui fairy would come and fix it all. Someone was in this and changed a few caps...
  9. Bigdrive

Subwoofer hi level outputs

Hello, I have a question about using hi level inputs and outputs on my klisph ksw-15. If I connect to the high level inputs of the sub, do I HAVE to use the hi level outputs from the sub or can I still just use speaker outs from the amp (in parallel)? Cheers
  10. Bigdrive

Lees Stereo 717 compared to untouched 717

I have just finished a "garage comparison" A/B test of 2 717's and to me the results were surprising. The contender's…… A restored 717 (my third one following lees stereo guide) thank you sir for that guide I have always loved the results. I change all the 726's and most transistors on the...
  11. Bigdrive

DBX CX-3 MKii service manual

Hello All, I have just acquired a new to me cx-3 mkii. It was in a bundle with a bx-3 and a tx-3. The unit requires 1 dot of balance to the right to get even output. I have the schematic but wanted to know if a service manual exists because I have not found one. There is a alps dip switch in the...
  12. Bigdrive

DBX BX-3 Access to the front?

Hello, I have just bought a DBX BX-3 and matching CX-3MKii and TX-3. I have did some basics with it..changed speaker relays and switched the pots to 25 turn units and any low value caps if I had them in stock. Everyone I took out was out of spec with high ESR. The unit ran hot before any...
  13. Bigdrive

Akai GXF-90 Restoration

Hello, I have just acquired my third F-90:banana: It's the black model which I always wanted. My other two are silver and one of those is my original purchase in 1982. This new one looks like it developed a drinking problem, and took one on the circuits. See pic. One side has been cleaned up...
  14. Bigdrive

AU-717 ANOTHER LEES STEREO UPGRADE

My sister has send me her spare AU-717 to get it working again. One channel is out. She bought it from a stereo repair store. All they knew is it was not stored properly and was owned by a rock group that used it as a amp. It is unfortunate that I don't have great pictures of the before but I do...
  15. Bigdrive

Just got a Au x1 and of coarse need info

Hello all, I have just begun to touch the surface of recapping a Au x1. I have gone through many posts on the subject and have not been able to find a p/n for the bulb to indicate which selector switch is selected. I have the schematics but still do not come up with a good number. Any help would...
Back
Top Bottom