Search results

1. highping

Crown DCI 2|300 Drivecore Amplifier wiring question.

Picked up a couple of amplifiers with inputs that challenged me. Had some rca's on hand that have 3 wires but want to change them out with other rca's that only have 2 wires. Is the second diagram telling me to use a wire and jump it to the other side? Attached pictures of current rca's in use...
  2. highping

Assorted Power Transistors /Question of Value

Are any of these transistors sought after more than others? I see them for sale on ebay but have no idea how much they are used, say for something like an amplifier. Sanken 2SA909 Hitachi 2SC681A NEC 2SA626 Toshiba 2SC520A Toshiba 2SC521A ECG164 ECG175 ECG280 ECG283 ECG284 ECG285 ECG309 Thank...
  3. highping

Helped with a quilt today.

The wife asked if I could clear the gear off of a couple tables to work on a quilt. All sewn by hand. Talked her into using dark blue for the backing/bottom. She was going to use red. Helped her spray glue the batting, bottom and top together. She'll be hand stitching the whole thing next.
  4. highping

Luggage or Speakers?

Came across these in an estate sale ad. Can't make out the badge. Not even sure they are speakers. Anyone recognize them?
  5. highping

10" Driver ID Help

Would like to ID these to help purchase new surrounds. They were pulled from a pair of KLH 23's along with a pair of Peizo tweeters. Fortunately I found some KLH drivers on Craigslist for the 23's.
  6. highping

Tube Amp ID Help Please

Couldn't find any markings on the case of this old amp. Anyone recognize it? Thanks in advance....
  7. highping

California Audio Labs CD player question

I've had this CD player for awhile. It has/had an issue where it would start to cut out after playing half way through a CD. Took a look inside today an noticed a capacitor sitting high off of the board. It broke off when I tried to bend it back. Decided to power up the player to see what effect...
  8. highping

Identify these speakers..... please

They are Eico's, and can't say I've ever seen Eico speakers before. My guess is that they are HFS-4's.
  9. highping

Garage System

I call this my "Black & Gold" system. :) It features a Spectro Acoustic amplifier, preamplifier, and equalizer along with a Rotel CD player and a Nakamichi receiver. Speakers are Quart and Soniphase.
  10. highping

Thanks to Baco99!

A big thank you goes to Brian for selling a Concept knob to me. Brian had responded to another AK member that was looking for parts, and I sent him a request for what I needed. Thanks again for helping a fellow AK member out. Kind regards, Bob/highping
  11. highping

Highping's Mancave

Acquired a pair of Kindel PSL-A's a few days ago and had to rearrange my mancave to accommodate them. Not that pulling them up a flight of stairs wasn't tiring in itself. They weigh in at 128lbs a piece! :) Anyhow, I started with an all Carver set up (amp/preamp/cd player) but ran into issues...
  12. highping

NHT M-20 Control Amplifier/s

Picked up a pair of NHT M-20 Control Amplifiers. Now, had I known that they were proprietary I would have passed on them. Note the warning on the back :). Decided to hook one of them up to a "junk" driver. Will go out and source some alligator clips with rubber covers if I decide to use the...
  13. highping

Parts question for a Mac1700.

Can anyone tell me what the appropriate replacement part/values would be for this (see picture) capacitor? This is the first time I've replaced a capacitor on "anything".
  14. highping

Jensen Coaxial Question

Is an H222 driver close to the same specs as an SG222 Sigma Series? Picked up a pair of EV Marquis' with the above drivers in them.....just curious how close alike they are.
  15. highping

What is this doing here?

Can anyone tell me what the previous owner of this Concept 2.5 was trying to accomplish by putting this (see picture) on the positive speaker terminals? I turned it a little for the second picture, trying to get more of what's printed in the picture/s. Thank you highping/Bob
  16. highping

Message in a bottle

Well, in this case "message in an amp". Opened up this Carver PM-1.5 today after picking it up at the recyclers. And there was a note all rolled up and tied to some wires. The previous owner sure new his stuff.
  17. highping

Free Score!

A guy from work goes around and buys out storage units. Every once in awhile he'll give me some gear. Most of the time it's crap that goes straight to recycling. A couple of days ago he said he had a huge amount of gear, and asked if I'd take it. Didn't want any money. Told him I'd give him some...
  18. highping

I love these guys!

Was out performing what I hope is my last "mow" of the year today. Moved some branches so I could mow a hard to get spot, and out came this behemoth salamander. Brought him in the house to show to the Mrs, and take some pictures. What a mellow dude! :boring: Anywhooooo, I took him back out, gave...
  19. highping

Miniature Steam Engine Model 75

Saw this on the goodwill site and ended up having the winning bid. Fired it up (literally) this morning and it worked. Pretty neat lil' machine.
  20. highping

Silver Rackmount System

Picked up a 7 foot tall server rack, and had a friend cut it down to 3 feet. Found 2 rackmount shelves at the recyclers along with 2 Pioneer units. Put everything together this afternoon. The system (top to bottom): Xiang Sheng 728A Preamplifier Phase Linear Model 5100 Tuner Music Hall cd25.2...
  21. highping

1koolcat don't!

:D Don't hesitate to buy from 1koolcat. Besides demonstrating bomb proof packing skills, he also kept in constant contact during the whole buying/packing/shipping process. Oh, yeah, the price was very reasonable too. This is the kind of seller that makes Bartertown a worry free experience. :thmbsp:
  22. highping

Praying Mantis

Growing up in Watertown NY I would see praying mantises along the railroad tracks every summer. Have lived in Western Washington for 46 years, and this is the first praying mantis I've seen.....saw it while mowing the lawn. Snapped a photo when I showed it to the wife. It was the first time...
  23. highping

Man Cave II

I had a man cave set up in our downstairs living room. However, I had to relinquish it so the wife could use the room after her surgery. Yesterday I decided to turn one of the upstairs bedrooms into "Man Cave II" :D . Please ignore the wall paper....it....is.....hideous! :D Here's the run down...
  24. highping

Snow does it right!

A smooth laid back transaction with Snow regarding the purchase of an SAE 310 amplifier. Great correspondence along with impressive packing skills. The amp was shipped USPS from AK to WA with no hicups. Amp arrived as described and in proper working order. Thanks Snow! Best regards, Bob :)
  25. highping

Rajoo = superhero!

Wow, what a great guy! Had a SAE 3000 EQ packed and on it's way to me 3 days before I could get a USPS MO mailed off. The EQ arrived safe and sound, and looking great! Thank you very much! Bob :)
Back
Top Bottom