Search results

1. clydeselsor

Picked up a Sony CDP-101 today...

I picked up a Sony CDP-101 CD player today at the GW in great cosmetic condition. The drawer is stuck which is typical of these, but I have read that the lube used on the drawer parts would dry up and actually seize up the parts. I am going to work it over with some Goo Gone and hopefully that...
  2. clydeselsor

Anyone here use a Keurig coffee maker?

I bought a Keurig Special Edition coffee maker this year as a Christmas gift to my wife and I. I really like it. A fresh brewed cup every time. I have been trying different types of coffee but so far like the Starbucks the best. Anyone else use one of these?
  3. clydeselsor

Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows

Anyone going to go see this Friday (12/16)? My wife and I have been counting down the days!
  4. clydeselsor

Sony speakers with ribbon tweeter

I picked up a pair of Sony ss-U55 loudspeakers in nearly perfect shape the other day. The ribbon tweeter intrigued me as well as the $15/pair price tag. I hooked these up to my downstairs system and was very surprised at how good these sound. They have a 10" aluminum framed woofer, a 4" mid...
  5. clydeselsor

I got an early Christmas present today!

My wife bought for me a new receiver for my basement pipe-smoking room. It's an Onkyo TX-8050 network receiver. It does everything that a normal stereo receiver does (including phono), but it also streams internet radio such as Slacker, Pandora, Sirius XM, plus any radio station streaming on...
  6. clydeselsor

How I spent my Summer

I bought her in June and put over 3000 miles on her: My Trek Navigator 1.0 hybrid bicycle. It has been loads of fun. I rode on just about all of the Rails-to-Trails in Indiana. Total geek!
  7. clydeselsor

Clyde Selsor's system

Gear as listed in my signature.
  8. clydeselsor

Happy Birthday trhee!!!

Hope you have a great birthday in your new digs!
  9. clydeselsor

Pro-Ject Debut III My review...

The Pro-Ject Debut III is considered an "entry level" offering from Pro-Ject Audio Systems. With the introduction of P-J's new Essential table, the Debut III moves up the chain a link. The Debut III is a breeze to setup, and will have you playing records in just a matter of minutes. The table...
  10. clydeselsor

What does this song mean to you? Yes - Machine Messiah

I have heard several opinions on what this song means. What's your take? Yes - Machine Messiah Run down a street where the glass shows That summer has gone Age, in the doorways Resenting the pace of the dawn All of them standing in line All of them waiting for time From time, the...
  11. clydeselsor

What period(s) of classical music is your favorite?

Just curious as to what particular periods of classical music you prefer. I do enjoy all periods of classical music, but favor the following: I have been favoring the romantic/modern period for quite some time. Stravinsky, Prokofiev, Phillip Glass, Arvo Part, Bartok, Berlioz, Debussy etc...
  12. clydeselsor

Music for Holy Week

I am wondering what others will include in their playlists for this time, as there is a vast collection of music that pertains to this particular week. Arvo Pärt - Passio
  13. clydeselsor

Opinions needed for Pro-Ject Debut III

I am pretty much getting out of the vintage thing and have been considering a new turntable. I have been looking at the Pro-Ject Debut III and I know that some of you have some experience with this table, and was hoping that you could offer up your opinions. I am planning on purchasing one in...
  14. clydeselsor

Wear jeans? Lower back pain? Try these!

My lower back has been hurting quite a bit for the last 2 weeks. I normally wear Wrangler straight leg regular fit blue jeans with a leather belt. Now my wife says that I'm all belly and no ass, so my belly pushes the jeans down and I have no ass to help hold them up! Fresh out of the dryer...
  15. clydeselsor

Getting a Squeezebox Touch and have a few questions...

Hello all, I am going to be getting a SB Touch and I am completely new at this sort of thing. I am going to primarily use it for internet streaming and was wondering how the built-in DAC sounds. I noticed that the SBT has a USB on the back and I was wondering if I could use my HRT...
  16. clydeselsor

Anyone use HDtracks.com?

I saw an ad in TAS for HDtracks.com and decided to check them out. They are a music download site with different resolution options. I just purchased Jimmy Smith "The Cat" in DVD-A and man it sounds great!
  17. clydeselsor

Under a blizzard watch...

NW Indiana is under a blizzard watch. First wave to begin sometime Monday afternoon into Tuesday morning, second wave begins Tuesday night and continues into Wednesday afternoon. Then! Lake effect snow! We are expected to get 18 to 24 inches of snow on top of the 5-6 inches we already have...
  18. clydeselsor

Happy Birthday W.A. Mozart

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born on this date (Jan 27) back in 1756. A true genius!
  19. clydeselsor

Picked up JBLs at the GW today

Found a pair of JBL 82 speakers at the Goodwill today. Cabinets are in decent shape as well as the grills. The woofer dust caps were pushed in but popped back out with the help of a vacuum cleaner. I was surprised how well these sound, they seem to have a fairly flat response. Not bad for...
  20. clydeselsor

'Twas the night before Christmas

It's snowing outside, Bing is on the hi-fi, the Christmas lights are all lit. In a little while we will be going to gather with family just a few blocks away for a few joyful hours. Afterward, we are going to drive through a park that is beautifully decorated, and then home to open a nice...
  21. clydeselsor

Cassette decks: 2 head vs. 3 head

I have been recently getting back into cassette decks and recording and have been thinking of picking up another deck. I already own a couple of decent 2 head decks but have been thinking of getting a 3 head. I know that the main benefit from a 3 head is monitoring the actual recording on the...
  22. clydeselsor

The best version of Gloria I've ever heard

This is by far the best rendition of "Gloria" that I have ever heard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2EgyZo2Pw
  23. clydeselsor

Cableguy! Great seller!

Bill (cableguy) sold a mono tube amp to me on Barter Town. I tried to make arrangements to have it picked up at the fest, but couldn't make it happen. Bill gladly shipped the amp to me in a very well packed box and the amp is in great condition! Thanks Bill for all of your consideration and...
  24. clydeselsor

Anyone here own a Thorens TD-135?

I have been looking at Thorens tables lately and really like the looks of the TD-135. Does anyone own one that can offer an opinion on the performance?
  25. clydeselsor

Something to think about re: Thrift Stores

Lately there have been more and more posts complaining about thrift stores. I am really having a hard time understanding this. Most, if not all thrift stores are a non-profit, charity store. In other words, they are benefiting many people that are a lot less fortunate than we are! They also...
Back
Top Bottom