Search results

1. ralpha

Calling on Yamaha P2100 P2200 P2201 Super Repair and Mod Guru

Yamaha P2200 refurb and mod revisited Seems like I spoke to a individual in Iowa who worked on this series. What kind of work do you perform on these to get them to spec or better performance? Anybody else out there to chime in? Comparable quality amps? Thanks Happy Thanksgiving...
  2. ralpha

Calling on Yamaha P2100 P2200 P2201 Super Repair and Mod Guru

I have 3 older large yamaha amps. P2100 P2200 P2201 I use a P2201 currently to a couple JBL 4675A's with a Pioneer Spec 1 refurb by some a guy , unfortunately my Spec 2 was trashed in transit back home, with THEIR poor packing. Anyway, needless, to say....it sounds so nice. I had...
  3. ralpha

Current Amp Models Comparable to Spec 2

Thanks for that valuable posting Bigerik and more of the same to you Grateful. I am seeing more clearly what I need to hear.:music:
  4. ralpha

Modern day equivalents to Pioneer Spec 2

Actually...I was informed with the mods made to mine at the repair guy...it would put it in that class. So as you can tell....I am p*&sed off pretty much. Thats gone...I got think about the future. AudioKARMA! I must have been a bad bad boy in the past.:yes:
  5. ralpha

Well someone enlighten me? Does the SPEC 2 amp compare....refurbed with contemporary components....which is what was evidently done to mine from a repair guy.....do they compare with some of those high dollar amps like the Johnson, Krell, etc...of today. If so, I think I might want to go...
  6. ralpha

Where would I find a Bryston I wonder? Many mastering people like Bryston and that is sort of what I would be using it for. Then to find a good set of speakers to match without taking out a mortgage. I do see the Spec and the UREI on the Espray me. Sorta want something that I dont...
  7. ralpha

Surely there is some good advice out there this morning...eh?
  8. ralpha

Mine also had the European power switch on it also. I dont know if that would make it more valuable. It all make me wonder. Really I would like to have that amp back, even if it is a boat anchor.
  9. ralpha

Well...that is in the back of mind, "Did the repairman keep it?" I would like to buy it back too! I got other ideas myself. He said the board was broken, but then he said it wasnt as bad as he though and he ordered the parts...then he said he couldn't fix it. Thanks for your post. It is...
  10. ralpha

Can anyone give any ideas here on amplifiers that are an equivalent in quality, sound, and specs to the Pioneer Spec 2? I am thinking about looking for something new I can buy off of the shelf today. Any opinions or ideas? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
  11. ralpha

Being from the south tip of that great state...I state....there is no noise in Illinois...GO SALUKI'S...thanks for your post. I will check that out and read up on that too. I like this beer emotican too!:beer::thmbsp:
  12. ralpha

Thank you for kind response....not that anybody else's are or anything. I am fishing here...hehe! I have a qsc rmx model I cant remember exactly....I do not think it has the quality sound that the Spec 2 has either. Thanks....anymore ideas?:banana: A banana.....
  13. ralpha

Could it be that ebay is my only answer?
  14. ralpha

You re right. I wish I was able to find one without going through bidding hell on Ebay. I bought this one about the time you entered the USAF. It was part of the family...but I am open to a quicker solution.
  15. ralpha

I just had my Spec 2 destroyed by UPS.:bash: I had sent it off to NY to have it repaired with my Spec 1. Upon, the return shipment, UPS destroyed the Spec 2. (The Spec 1 came back nice) I plugged it in and the breaker threw in my house. So, I called UPS and sent it back to NY for review. The...
Back
Top Bottom