Search results

1. Redone90

Kenwood KL-777A Stiff surrounds - lack of bass

This is absolutely true I've a set of 777A which I originally played with a Sherwood 80w amp and overall I was pretty disappointed with the bass response. A few weeks later I picked up a Kenwood C2 pre and M2A 220w power amp. After a few weeks the difference in bass is amazing. They are "old...
  2. Redone90

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Maybe try emailing DRM audio? https://drmaudio.com You might get lucky
  3. Redone90

Kenwood 'Basic' Fans - Are there any

I've come back to Kenwood 2 channel old school amps after getting a KC/KM 208 30 years ago then making a mistake, selling it to get into 5.1 AVR for HT. After looking for ages I found a mint C2/M2A and then amazingly a few weeks later found a complete HiFi with C1/M2 plus KT-51B tuner, Basic X1...
  4. Redone90

My first Kenwood and first preamp : Basic C-2

Hi Bert Thanks for the list and the heads up re Mouser, I didn't even know of that companys existence. Fortunately they have an Australian entity so I'll be able to pick up the items from your list. Cheers Andrew
  5. Redone90

My first Kenwood and first preamp : Basic C-2

Great write up Bert :thumbsup: I have a Kenwood C2/M2A and a C1/M2 and was considering a complete resto for the C1 after having a ground loop hum issue. I since fixed the ground loop problem, but after reading feedback on the DRM audio page and your experience I still think it's something...
  6. Redone90

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

What makes it your dream system? Is it the look of high end silver face components? I'm only asking because I see you I have a C1/M2A and I've got the same but hooked up as a C2/M2A and a C1/M2. Spec wise they are pretty well unbeatable and sound sensational. Cheers
  7. Redone90

Kenwood turntables can we see what you have and tell us pros and cons.

I've got 2x KD-1600 turntables and a KD-5100 that I'm trying to get up to scratch as it needs a lid and a counterweight
  8. Redone90

Kenwood Basic M2

Go to the DRM Audio page and email Daniel to get his PDF catalog. http://www.drmaudio.com You can get a modern 3 pin plug and lead with a template to set it up for $15. Well worth the $$$ Good luck
  9. Redone90

Appears to be far from Basic. Basic M2 bias issue.

Sorry I'm no help to you. I just wanted to say that I hope you get your M2 up and running top notch again. I've only had an M2 for a week after earlier getting an M2A and as you know they're a terrific amp that are well worth keeping Cheers Andrew
  10. Redone90

Basic C1 "POP" and noise on all inputs

I don't know what the odd's are here, but I also just picked up a Kenwood C1 pre-amp that seems to have exactly the same problem. I already had a C2 (pre) with an M2A (power) but, a couple of weeks ago I picked up a C1 with an M2, which unfortunately....I bought untested.:no: The C1 definitely...
  11. Redone90

Vintage Kenwood KL777 speakers

I'm surprised by the comments on the KL-777 speakers. I've picked up a pair of almost mint KL-777A which on a 100w RMS @ 8ohm amp were pretty good at treble/mid range but lacked the bottom end. I've since hooked them up to my Kenwood C2/M2A pre/power amp [220w RMS @ 8 ohm] and found they really...
  12. Redone90

My Kenwood's Found A Home...But Is This Acceptable?

Classic and elegant That's a perfect mix... I like it :thumbsup:
  13. Redone90

Tale of 3 Kenwood KD-5100's.

Great idea It's diameter is 12 mm. Cheers
  14. Redone90

Tale of 3 Kenwood KD-5100's.

I'm also getting back into vinyl after 20 years of sitting on the CD and home theater side of the fence. Last week I picked up a mid 80's Kenwood Basic Hi-Fi system complete with a KD-5100 turntable. Unfortunately the turntable may be in the too hard basket as it also had a bent counterweight...
  15. Redone90

Kenwood TT

Just jumping on an old thread here. I picked up a Kenwood Basic HiFi from the mid 80's with a KD5100 turntable that unfortunately has a problem. The counterweight on the tone arm is missing.... Does anyone know where I could buy one....? Cheers
  16. Redone90

M2a rocks, what about mods

I picked up a Kenwood C2 and M2A the other day and I'm very impressed with it......except for the crap cam style speaker binding posts. I'll be doing the DRM upgrade on that for sure
Back
Top Bottom